Rand Paul’s actually good for something!

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Shocker, Rand Paul’s actually good for something! Love him or hate him, he shows how incoherent and ridiculous the Republicans are
Rand Paul deserves a round of applause.

The Kentucky senator may be wrong about a lot of things, but he’s consistent and he has an actual governing philosophy. More importantly, his presence in the Republican race has clarified just how vacuous and unprincipled the other candidates are.

Whether you agree with him or not, Paul makes arguments on the basis of firmly held principles. At the very least, there’s an internal logic to his worldview, and that allows for a substantive debate with those who disagree, which is about the best we can hope for in a presidential campaign.

[snip]

Paul, to his credit, has the courage of his convictions, and will engage in a serious debate. That sets him apart in today’s GOP.
This pretty well sums up my thoughts I had on Tuesday night.

stamperben

Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

stamperben

Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Chris Christie thinks it's so important so portray American strength that risking WW3 is well worth it. He's nuts imo.
Nuts is one way to describe it. Dangerous is more accurate. They're all dangerous though, with the exception of Paul. Funny how his brand of libertarianism hadn't caught on with what can be described as the libertarian leaning Tea Party. I guess Trump took all the wind out of those sails.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,214,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
anyone who's ever listened to Rand (or his dad Ron) speak knows that they are consistent in their positions and quite principled...of course, I notice Salon still had to take their jabs by prefacing it with "well, he might be wrong about a lot of things"...

What's wrong with them just paying the guy a compliment without having to make it a backhanded one?

Upvote 0