Ralph Nader Enters the race!

N

Nathan45

the article said:
He cited a 40-year record, which he said includes saving "millions of lives," ...

:scratch: i'm guessing this is some unscientific extrapolation of his efforts for auto-safety, which could have easily happened eventually without him?

Or alternatively, maybe those millions of people who's lives he saved will all vote for him?

Upvote 0
N

Nathan45

He was Quite instrumental in saving many lives thanks to his consumer work!
fair enough, but still seems like a stretch to say "millions".

my 2c: If he wants to be president he should run in the democratic primary with the other liberals.

For better or for worse It's a two party system;
bashing his head against the electorate isn't going to change that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Double cool as we have another insipid slogan for us to enjoy this political season:

"Dissent is the mother of ascent"

Wonder who hatched it. Sounds like Jesse Jackson doing a Phil Donahue impression. Or versa visa.

Reactions: icedtea
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Obama is being mocked. That is death to a campaign. Especially when the left and right are doing the mocking.

In addition Obama has the Rev. Wright/Farrakhan problem. Democrats want to nominate someone with that baggage, fine with me but I don't think they will.

Perhaps this isn't why Nader has entered the race but my suspicion is it is. He sees the handwriting on the wall for Obama and wants to get in now.

Upvote 0

Parmenio

Dec 12, 2006
✟16,376.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
In addition Obama has the Rev. Wright/Farrakhan problem. Democrats want to nominate someone with that baggage, fine with me but I don't think they will.

I'm pretty sure you'll be hard pressed to pick a candidate ever in the history of the US that hasn't had at least some baggage. (Also, McCain's baggage amounts to lead weights tied to his neck)

Upvote 0

flicka

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 9, 2003
✟36,720.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Obama is being mocked. That is death to a campaign. Especially when the left and right are doing the mocking.

Perhaps this isn't why Nader has entered the race but my suspicion is it is. He sees the handwriting on the wall for Obama and wants to get in now.
Everyone running is being mocked!!!!

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Please. He's being mocked by Hillary, who's mocking Obama simply out of her own desperation. She has nothing left but to mock Obama.

Speaking of desperation, since when have you looked to Hillary as a sign of how things are going in a campaign?

Obama's campaign seems to everyone but hopeful right-wingers as healthy as ever.
Ringo

Upvote 0