Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think the statistics skew against blacks not because they are black but because of where their race often puts them in our culture. e.g. a higher percentage of blacks are fatherless.

So if you look at certain crime stats relative to fatherless "perps", you find it spans all races fairly equally. So the RESULT is that a higher percentage of blacks commit crime because a higher percentage of blacks are fatherless.

Ben Shapiro says it beautifully:

If you want to succeed, just do these three things:
1. Graduate from high school.
2. Don't have children out of wedlock.
3. Get a job. Any job.

Some of the stats in this video will blow your mind.

:oldthumbsup::clap::bow:BULLSEYE!

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I don't know what you mean by this.

But I was talking about the evils of all racism, including those done by African-Americans.

But I was also talking about my own experience as a human being.

When someone is constantly demonized by a certain group, they tend to be rather reactionary if they think that you are a part of that group. These people are assuming that you are a part of a group who honestly hates them and blames them for everything. I'm not saying that it is fair, it's just what has happened. Not to keep going back to politics, but where do you think the resurgence of these White Identity groups have come from?

If you're still confused, I have a blog entry related to the sort of insanity the people you described in your initial post is probably thinking that you're pushing. That's the modern situation in America, where you cannot have an honest and open discussion on race because the bigots on both sides have employed a scorched-earth policy that leaves everyone else scarred.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When someone is constantly demonized by a certain group, they tend to be rather reactionary if they think that you are a part of that group. These people are assuming that you are a part of a group who honestly hates them and blames them for everything. I'm not saying that it is fair, it's just what has happened. Not to keep going back to politics, but where do you think the resurgence of these White Identity groups have come from?

If you're still confused, I have a blog entry related to the sort of insanity the people you described in your initial post is probably thinking that you're pushing. That's the modern situation in America, where you cannot have an honest and open discussion on race because the bigots on both sides have employed a scorched-earth policy that leaves everyone else scarred.
Yep. I've noticed a resurgence of racism in white people over the last few years. One site I frequent that never had racist tenencies before has aquired a few "dogwhistle" phrases.

He'res the sad part. Their racism is usually correct. What happens is that a story about "youth's" or "Teens" doing unsavory things comes out and someone will use the dogwhistle: Amish

They'll say all sorts of things like, "those darned Amish, at it again".

Problem is, they are ALWAYS right. Amish can mean either Black or Muslim, depending on the story. Everybody knows what they mean, and they always turn out to be right with their stereotypes. It just increases the racism.

But at the end of the day, I AM seeing more racism on the part of white people that didn't used to be.

And I'll give you a sample of the kind of thing that causes it:

When a video depicts an "innocent" black man (let's use Mr. Brown as an example), many use the video to prove racism on the part of the cop. But what white people see is a perp doing things that they certainly would not do if confronted by the cop. i.e. they see the black kid/man acting badly, yet again. This enhances their racist tendencies.

At the end of the day, those videos increase black racism against whites and increase white racism against blacks.

• Agree
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

I get it.

You are probably right about that.

• Friendly
Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I get it.

It honestly stinks for the likes of you and me, and the rest of the normal people. We get punished for the behavior of others. I just hope that the insanity of both sides is short lived.

Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Until people in general stop identifying themselves by the color of their skin the problem will remain. There is only ONE race of people on this planet and that is the human race. The color of one's skin is irrelevant.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Racism is a manifestation of tribalism. Which is the tendency to be wary of, or dislike anyone different from ourselves. It's a behavioral instinct we've inherited from our distant proto-human ancestors, who lived in tribes and extended family groups. 10 million years ago, there was survival value in being suspicious of, or even antagonistic towards members of different tribes who were competitors for territory and resources. But in the modern world, where contact with people of different races and ethnicities is unavoidable, this behavior becomes dysfunctional. Tribalistic instincts can be suppressed by learning and socialization. But deep down, we all still have them to some degree. It's part of how our species evolved. And unless we learn how to reprogram our brains, the only way we'll eliminate tribalism is by evolving out of it.

Upvote 0

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
Santa Barbara, California
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I get it.

The problem with not discussing race is that we never get how our experiences differ based on how we are perceived. Introverted, your experience of being black in a white family must give you a unique perspective. We seem to be arguing about arguing about race. But there is a long and deep cultural history of blacks being perceived differently, and it hasn't gone away. Many people were angry when Barack Obama said his grandmother, a "typical white woman," was afraid of black men.
But I was raised in an all-white community. Once I was picking up a black co-worker, a tall, muscular man. And he was one of my favorite people, but I had an awareness that this scene would look strange to me if I were watching this interaction and not participating in it. I didn't harbor ill-will toward black people but I was raised in this culture. So I would like to hear about your experiences. Once when I was in a black neighborhood in Seattle I thought I heard a man mutter a racial slur at me under his breath but I do not think I have experienced reverse racism, ever.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The problem with not discussing race is that we never get how our experiences differ based on how we are perceived. Introverted, your experience of being black in a white family must give you a unique perspective. We seem to be arguing about arguing about race. But there is a long and deep cultural history of blacks being perceived differently, and it hasn't gone away. Many people were angry when Barack Obama said his grandmother, a "typical white woman," was afraid of black men.
But I was raised in an all-white community. Once I was picking up a black co-worker, a tall, muscular man. And he was one of my favorite people, but I had an awareness that this scene would look strange to me if I were watching this interaction and not participating in it. I didn't harbor ill-will toward black people but I was raised in this culture. So I would like to hear about your experiences. Once when I was in a black neighborhood in Seattle I thought I heard a man mutter a racial slur at me under his breath but I do not think I have experienced reverse racism, ever.

I totally understand.

My parents are my heroes. I have seen them get rejected for having African American kids, not just by white people but by black people. A social worker, who was African-American, told my mother that black babies belong with black families, and they do not belong with white families. That is why I know that racism exist among African-Americans as well as white. It broke my mom's heart to hear that. She sat there crying as this social worker saying these things to her.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, it might be great if black babies were with black families, but I think there are more kids who need homes than there are black families wanting to adopt. Am I incorrect in this assumption?

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well, it might be great if black babies were with black families, but I think there are more kids who need homes than there are black families wanting to adopt. Am I incorrect in this assumption?

Well, I don't really know enough to know if it's going to affect them. But I do know at this particular time it had nothing to do with race for my mom. We were attached to our foster sister and she was basically our sister. But it would be better if kids did not go into foster cares at all in my opinion. But in this circumstance our sister had been living with us for the last 2 years. And they were trying to rip her from our home which they succeeded.

But as for black kids staying with other black families, I don't know to be perfectly honest.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Christie insb
Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But as for black kids staying with other black families, I don't know to be perfectly honest.
Jesse, you didn't stay with a black family and, in my opinion, you turned out just fine. In fact, I think you turned out great! Love makes family, not race. Just look at the family of God.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Jesse, you didn't stay with a black family and, in my opinion, you turned out just fine. In fact, I think you turned out great! Love makes family, not race. Just look at the family of God.

Thank you very much. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, I don't really know enough to know if it's going to affect them. But I do know at this particular time it had nothing to do with race for my mom. We were attached to our foster sister and she was basically our sister. But it would be better if kids did not go into foster cares at all in my opinion. But in this circumstance our sister had been living with us for the last 2 years. And they were trying to rip her from our home which they succeeded.

The situation of being adopted from foster care would be impossible to put kids in homes of parents of the same race as the child, IMHO, because there are not enough foster homes and having to match race would make it even more difficult. I am sorry you lost your sister. Have you been able to contact her as an adult? How old were you when you moved in with the family who adopted you? Anyway I guess I am going off topic. Were you raised in a community of people of different races? (I don't like the word race - - it's a made up idea but it affects people's lives and we need some way to talk about it).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The situation of being adopted from foster care would be impossible to put kids in homes of parents of the same race as the child, IMHO, because there are not enough foster homes and having to match race would make it even more difficult. I am sorry you lost your sister. Have you been able to contact her as an adult? How old were you when you moved in with the family who adopted you? Anyway I guess I am going off topic. Were you raised in a community of people of different races? (I don't like the word race - - it's a made up idea but it affects people's lives and we need some way to talk about it).

I was 3 years old. But I was adopted when I was 5 years old.

As for losing my sister, she was so young that she didn't even remember. She stopped considering us her family. But she was devastated when they took her away. We did remain in contact with her. In fact when my other sister died, she did call and she regretted for not staying in contact with us. I don't have a relationship with her at all. And it's hard to refer to her as my sister. I was nine when she was taken away and she was two. But at that time it was very devastating.

Upvote 0

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I was 3 years old. But I was adopted when I was 5 years old.

As for losing my sister, she was so young that she didn't even remember. She stopped considering us her family. But she was devastated when they took her away. We did remain in contact with her. In fact when my other sister died, she did call and she regretted for not staying in contact with us. I don't have a relationship with her at all. And it's hard to refer to her as my sister. I was nine when she was taken away and she was two. But at that time it was very devastating.
Thanks for sharing a little bit of your story.
I just listened to a podcast from the show "Strangers" called "Eleven Up." It's about a white family from Portland, OR who adopted a black baby boy. A year later, that baby's biological mom had another baby boy, and they mortgaged their house to get him. After that it took an unusual turn, to the most open adoption you can imagine. Eleven up | Strangers | Radio Short Stories & Essays | KCRW
The story is heartwarming but very unusual.

Upvote 0

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Anyway I am sorry for going away from the topic. Have you experienced racism? I am a blond haired blue eyed woman, 59 years old, and a social worker to top it off, although I am working in a slightly different field currently. Social workers are stereotyped as clueless do-gooders. I have tried to educate myself on this topic but I still feel pretty clueless sometimes.

Upvote 0

GrowingSmaller

Muslm Humanist
Apr 18, 2010
✟49,085.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Semi serious: I tended to be racist against the white lower classes, until I found out that included me.

Here in the UK, there are a lot of immigrants and coloured people, and they do the work better and cheaper then many "lazy" white people - so there is a stigma to being lower class white (chav), and I think that group psychology if looking for a scapegoat might choose us, the indigenous people.

If you are white and have been to university, its ok, but lower grade work etc. has that lack of class. Like a mixture of economics, class system and group psychology.

The irony is that its the chavs who have the label of being racist, and often they may well be too.

I just back out of this tho, and read theology.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Anyway I am sorry for going away from the topic. Have you experienced racism? I am a blond haired blue eyed woman, 59 years old, and a social worker to top it off, although I am working in a slightly different field currently. Social workers are stereotyped as clueless do-gooders. I have tried to educate myself on this topic but I still feel pretty clueless sometimes.

Yes, but not as bad as some people. My life was never ever in danger. But I have experienced some opposition because I have gotten blamed for what other African Americans have done.

Upvote 0