Norton's Empire
✟58,184.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Ask away, but be sure to read the fine print*...

*Answers may be whimsical, tangential, longwinded, cryptic, and otherwise incomprehensible. Any advice offered is for purely entertainment purposes -- do not, I repeat, DO NOT, reorganize your stock portfolio on the basis of the number of diphthongs in the 47th reply to this thread. Void where prohibited, excluding taxes, license fees, surcharges, ma'amcharges, depth charges, charge cards, and charge d'affairs.

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ravenscape

Free Crazy Liz
Dec 19, 2004
Norton's Empire
✟58,184.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Cat59 said:
Do you have a favourite Marx Brother and if so, who do you think they should have married?

Harpo would be my favorite. I think his soulmate would have been someone whose soul was a deep, still pool whose quiet surface masked a turgid and angst-ridden core.

So, I'm thinking...Phyllis Diller.

Upvote 0

Pats

I'll take that comment with a grain of salt
Oct 8, 2004
Arizona, in the Valley of the sun
Visit site
✟14,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
ravenscape said:
Because it was a mocking bird.

See? That wasn't so hard, was it. The raven was mocking him in his time of loss. ;)

Do you ever post in the Discussion and Debate forums in threads that are not primarily for fellowship?

Upvote 0

ravenscape

Free Crazy Liz
Dec 19, 2004
Norton's Empire
✟58,184.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Pats said:
See? That wasn't so hard, was it. The raven was mocking him in his time of loss. ;)

I prefer to think of it as a public service. EVERYONE wanted him to get over it, already.

Do you ever post in the Discussion and Debate forums in threads that are not primarily for fellowship?

Not so much anymore, though I still read pretty frequently.

Most of the threads give me an overwhelming sense of deja vu. It's also a little jarring because I usually post and read out of a desire to understand and foster understanding. There are enough participants who see the threads as games won on points to make the tone a little distasteful for me.

At the moment, I'm taking a voluntary hiatus from serious participation in the debate fora. It's my small way of lessening the workload of the Debate forum mods. They're stretched WAY thin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.