Questions for Synergists

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

guuila

Babies do not need to be saved, since they have done nothing wrong. They are in a “save” condition. That does not mean babies have fulfilled their earthly objective, so they would have to go to heaven with only a wonderful child for wonderful parent type love and not Godly type Love. You might want to read all my post 36.

Sorry, I'm not a Pelagian so I reject this.

Upvote 0
G

guuila

Fortunately, God has still given you time to convert to the truth.

So do you think all babies go to heaven and if so why?

I think any baby that is saved is done so by the free and sovereign grace of God. This is perfectly consistent with how I believe adults are saved. God is not obligated to save a single soul, whether infant or adult. God will mercy whom he desires.

Upvote 0
C

crimsonleaf

The thing is it might seem like a time tunnel to us, but it is not that way for God, since God is also on the other side of the “tunnel” looking back. You might want to read all my answers in post 36.
I read all your posts Bling, as I do the posts of every contributor to a thread in which I take part.

Like my friend above, I come from a different starting place to you and don't believe that either everyone is born good and learns to be bad, or that they are born as blanks, programmed over time by their parents and experience. As the core beleifs of each of us spring from that central position we probably don't have much to say to each other, although I admire your tenacity.

God's atemporal nature is well understood by me. In fact I often debate with others about God's NOW being our past, present and future.

I was just trying to keep it simple for Janx.

Upvote 0
G

guuila

I request to add this question to the OP, as it's one I have never received a clear answer to:

Why do synergists have such a problem with limited atonement? Why do they insist that Jesus suffered and died under the wrath of God for the sins of people he, in his omniscience, knew would never believe anyway? What did Jesus' death accomplish for them? Don't forget - election happened before the foundation of the world, and Christ's atonement happened in time. That means the elect were named before Christ ever entered the scene. So assuming conditional election is true, what difference would it make in the synergist system if Christ had only suffered and died for the sins of people he knew would believe?

I cannot understand how synergists don't see that this is pitting the persons of the Godhead against each other. The Father elects individuals before the foundation of the world, and the Son enters creation and suffers and dies for more than the Father elected, and Spirit convicts, draws, etc. more people than the Father elected. Do the Son and Spirit love people more than the Father does? Why are the Son and Spirit trying to save people the Father didn't elect? Are the Son and Spirit not omniscient? Do they think the Father elected every single person or something??

?????????????????????????????

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟911,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
First of all I believe in free will, but that does NOT mean that I believe that God is fair in the same way many seem to define fair. I also believe that God can use different people Christians and Non-Christians and various events to bring people to Him, thus it does NOT have to be the case that someone directly tells the person, although most of the time that is the case.

Upvote 0
G

guuila

First of all I believe in free will, but that does NOT mean that I believe that God is fair in the same way many seem to define fair. I also believe that God can use different people Christians and Non-Christians and various events to bring people to Him, thus it does NOT have to be the case that someone directly tells the person, although most of the time that is the case.

What is free will?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,748,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Are you going to answer my question?

No, because then he'd have to make a positive argument that could be scrutinized. It's much easier to take potshots at Calvinism.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.