South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Will we be judged as far as our eternal destiny if we don't observe the Sabbath? What day do we or are supposed to celebrate the Sabbath? How do we go on celebrating the Sabbath since it is in the Ten Commandments? Has it been done away with since we are in the New Testament? Jesus said that He is the Fulfillment of the Law, so what did He mean that we are supposed to follow the Sabbath as Christians?

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Will we be judged as far as our eternal destiny if we don't observe the Sabbath? What day do we or are supposed to celebrate the Sabbath? How do we go on celebrating the Sabbath since it is in the Ten Commandments? Has it been done away with since we are in the New Testament? Jesus said that He is the Fulfillment of the Law, so what did He mean that we are supposed to follow the Sabbath as Christians?

That is a matter decided long ago. When a person accepts Christianity they accept worship on Sunday.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Sabbath observance be from sunset Friday to sunset on Saturday.
God proclaimed the day and declared it holy(set apart).

Later on...Emperor Constantine set about changing things to suit what he approved of... He be a "former" Mithras follower and supposed to of converted to christianity?...you can research that for yourself.
Constantine changed biblical Sabbath/feast times to coincide with Mithras/ pagan practices...which be put forth / set in motion at the Council of Nicea and the other religions leaders accepted the emperor's rules and set about changing things
in churches... even having believers put to death those who kept to biblically established Sabbaths and feast times.
Polycarp held to God's established times and feasts...there were others also... heavy persecution broke out, many had their property seized...countless believers were put to death... such a Polycarp(who was set on fire) because he held to God's Word and God's feast days and God's Sabbath.

Sunday worship be observed not as christian sabbath but the day to worship the Lord, being that He rose on the first day of the week...the Bible relates of believers gathered to worship the Lord on the first day of the week(Sunday)...referred to as the Lord's Day/ day Jesus was resurrected.
Saul/also known as Paul had no problem breaking bread with other believers on the Lord's Day/Sunday...Acts 20:7. Saul/Paul be faithful to The Sabbath
observances, God's feasts etc.

The holy Sabbath that God set apart continues...there be jews
/messianic jews / gentile believers who observe The Sabbath in biblical times
and upwards. (My comma is sticking again.)
Me and my husband do that as do some other people we know.
God said no work to be done on that day(Sabbath) it be a "sanctuary in time"
that is for man to cease from laboring/creative work.
You read about it in Exodus 20:8-11... you'd see this carried out in
Israel more so than in the USA...there be some biblical things are only apply to Israel (jews) and or only applicable in Israel.
The Sabbath is done big time there...my step-son be a minister and has been taking people on tours to Israel for several years and they be there when it's
The Sabbath and you really notice how it is observed on a large scale.
We signed up for Live feeds from Israel as they celebrate the feasts of booths/tabernacles and it was quite the event...there people there from like all nations celebrating, as there are those here who celebrate feasts of booths too
and their celebrations drew believers from other nations to come and join in.

The Sabbath is holy/set apart by God... it isn't to be like other days...similarly, believers are to be holy/set apart, we aren't to be acting like the world.

Can you gather and worship, witness, read the scripture/sing hymns, "do good on the Sabbath"...heal, pull an ox out of ditch, relax/sleep, care for/and visit the sick? Yes.
Jesus read Torah in the synagogue...Luke 4:16. Other things done are recorded in
chapters 13, 14, 16, 17, 18 of Acts.
The other sabbaths ...feast of Unleavened bread, new moons, purim celebrations
...lowercase "s" to distinguish them from the Sabbath days(Friday sunset to Saturday sunset)...you may notice that in some Bible translations they use
capital S for all sabbaths...others distinguish between them by using capital S/ and lowercase s... or even say The Sabbath...Holy Sabbath...God's Sabbath/Lord's Sabbath.
Not too mention that The jews have their own sabbaths and solemn feast days,
their own customs/traditions as well...example, purim, tishah b'av,

I do believe the scriptures be that salvation is based on putting our faith in/accepting Jesus as Savior and Him being Lord of your life.
If we say that we love our Savior and Lord, we will imitate how Jesus lived out the faith...and He said:" Follow Me"....so Follow Him and His examples an teachings like the apostles did, it won't make you popular and you will be persecuted for
holding to what Jesus taught and lived out in the Bible... his apostles and all who
seek to live godly lives will be persecuted... read 2 Timothy 3:10-17...John 15:20

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Later on...Emperor Constantine set about changing things to suit what he approved of... He be a "former" Mithras follower and supposed to of converted to christianity?...you can research that for yourself.
Constantine changed biblical Sabbath/feast times to coincide with Mithras/ pagan practices...which be put forth / set in motion at the Council of Nicea and the other religions leaders accepted the emperor's rules and set about changing things
in churches... even having believers put to death those who kept to biblically established Sabbaths and feast times.
Polycarp held to God's established times and feasts...there were others also... heavy persecution broke out, many had their property seized...countless believers were put to death... such a Polycarp(who was set on fire) because he held to God's Word and God's feast days and God's Sabbath.

Sunday worship be observed not as christian sabbath but the day to worship the Lord, being that He rose on the first day of the week...the Bible relates of believers gathered to worship the Lord on the first day of the week(Sunday)...referred to as the Lord's Day/ day Jesus was resurrected.
Saul/also known as Paul had no problem breaking bread with other believers on the Lord's Day/Sunday...Acts 20:7. Saul/Paul be faithful to The Sabbath

Israel more so than in the USA...there be some biblical things are only apply to Israel (jews) and or only applicable in Israel.
The Sabbath is done big time there...my step-son be a minister and has been taking people on tours to Israel for several years and they be there when it's
We signed up for Live feeds from Israel as they celebrate the feasts of booths/tabernacles and it was quite the event...there people there from like all nations celebrating, as there are those here who celebrate feasts of booths too

The Sabbath is holy/set apart by God... it isn't to be like other days...similarly, believers are to be holy/set apart, we aren't to be acting like the world.

Can you gather and worship, witness, read the scripture/sing hymns, "do good on the Sabbath"...heal, pull an ox out of ditch, relax/sleep, care for/and visit the sick? Yes.
Jesus read Torah in the synagogue...Luke 4:16. Other things done are recorded in
...lowercase "s" to distinguish them from the Sabbath days(Friday sunset to Saturday sunset)...you may notice that in some Bible translations they use
capital S for all sabbaths...others distinguish between them by using capital S/ and lowercase s... or even say The Sabbath...Holy Sabbath...God's Sabbath/Lord's Sabbath.

I do believe the scriptures be that salvation is based on putting our faith in/accepting Jesus as Savior and Him being Lord of your life.
If we say that we love our Savior and Lord, we will imitate how Jesus lived out the faith...and He said:" Follow Me"....so Follow Him and His examples an teachings like the apostles did, it won't make you popular and you will be persecuted for
holding to what Jesus taught and lived out in the Bible... his apostles and all who
seek to live godly lives will be persecuted... read 2 Timothy 3:10-17...John 15:20

The problem you have with the "Constatinian nonsense" is that Christians everywhere began worshipping on Sunday long before Constantine was even born. Constantine issued an edict that all businesses be closed on Sunday to allow Christians to worship in their established tradition.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,484.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If the Law has been done away with under the "New" Testament, can we now bow down to other gods, murder, steal, commit adultery, etc. and expect to go to Heaven? No.

Now many say that when Messiah talked about the Laws of love that He changed the Old Testament, Mosaic, Law. No, he was quoting it verbatim. He had just been asked a question. The question was not "What is new and improved now?" No, it was "Which of the Laws" [of Moses, as there were no other laws under consideration] " is most important?" When the reply was to love the Almighty with all our hearts and souls and resources and to love others as ourselves, this was just a reiteration of what they had all heard before in the Torah, or Mosaic Law.

Here is my take on the Sabbath.... (If anyone wants to debate it, well, this isn't a debate forum, so I won't engage. Also, your comments are to be directed to the OP.)

Yes, we are saved solely by faith in the Isaiah 53 Savior. However, He said "If you love Me, keep My Commandments." His Commandments are the same as His Father's as They are One. . The Bible says that the Almighty "will not alter what goes out of His mouth." If that is not true, the Bible is not reliable. At Mt. Sinai, to the ears of the terrified Israelites below, He audibly spoke the 10 Commandments. This included a Fri. nightfall to Sat. nightfall Sabbath. NOTHING in the Bible says the Sabbath was changed to Sunday..

People say "Paul said....Paul said..." But Paul said to follow the Savior, not him, and anyway Paul never said the Sabbath was changed and certainly had no authority to change what was audibly spoken by our Creator and written on stone with His very finger. When he said "Let no man judge you" he was talking to new converts and encouraging them in their observance, not NON observance, of the Biblical holy days, i.e. to not give into pagan peer pressures.

. Throughout the New Testament you can see that the apostles, including Paul, actually kept the Mosaic Law. In Acts 15, for example, "even" the food laws are upheld and yes, for NON Jewish converts. We see there that blood is still forbidden and that the new converts are expected to be, as was the tradition, in Synagogues, on the Sabbath, to learn the rest of the Law of Moses. In Acts 21 we see that Paul, and all those in the Jerusalem Council, upheld the Law of Moses and Paul took an oath to demonstrate that.

Read the false accusations spoken against Stephen. He was falsely accused of saying that our Savior came to do away with the Law of Moses. Acts 6:11-14. Further, our Savior affirmed the Sabbath by telling his followers, about the time when the Temple would be destroyed - after His Ascension - "Pray that your flight will not be in the winter or on the Sabbath." He wanted them to be able to rest on the Sabbath in the future, as always in the past. . You can see some RCC leaders online admitting to the fact that the Bible does not sanction a Sunday Sabbath, but that Protestants keep it anyway since - guess who changed it? ROME, under the pagan sun worshipper Constantine, changed it over a millenium ago. Constantine said that Christians were to be executed if they kept the true Sabbath and said they needed to rest "on the venerable day of the sun." Check it out.

Sun...day. It's not the Sabbath. However, the Father of Mercies knows we are all confused children. We need not to turn on others about it, therefore, but to show love. If we do not, no matter what we do it's all a waste, certainly not the path to Heaven. Yet, if you want to move away from "traditions of men" to the real truths of the real Bible, I recommend 119 Ministries' vids, starting with The Pauline Paradox. . And yes, you can rest or worship on any day of the week, but you are not supposed to...work...or cook...on the Sabbath - neither you nor those in your home, nor any servants (think waitresses and sales clerks etc.). Not even animals are to work then, or be penned up then. In fact, in Isaiah we are told to keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord and also not to buy or sell on that day.

The Sabbath is the longest Commandment and is stated in the Bible to be the very sign given to Israel of their Covenant with Him. (The New Testament tells us to be grafted into what? Israel.) Other nations had laws against murder and theft for example. Only those who wanted to Covenant with YHWH, aka God, were asked to keep the Sabbath. In the New Testament we are told to be grafted into Israel.. The 4th Commandment is not a suggestion. And no, I'm not a 7th Day Adventist. You don't need a "religion". You just need the Bible and the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

On You Tube Psalm 119 Ministries has vid on the Sabbath which is very historical, and very Scriptural, and sometimes uses an analysis of the Greek to get at the real meanings of the texts.

Upvote 0

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Allow me to ask. How exactly does one celebrate the Sabbath according to the Old Testament? I realize that we are to be holy everyday of the week. Would that make the Sabbath null and void or would it be something else? I wonder now how do I myself begin to change in my view from Sunday to Saturday. How do the Jewish people celebrate the Sabbath? Obviously, I know nothing about the Jewish people and their views, no disrespect. What did Paul mean about the sabbaths and moons; would it be about the change of the day of the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday?

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,484.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Good question. In Exodus we are told not to work on the Sabbath, not to cook (I eat picnic style then) and that not even our animals or servants or those that come to our door are to work. Now the typical thing - and I used to do this too - is for Christians to leave a Sunday Church service and feel they have done their Sabbath duty. After that they often go out to eat, where others have to serve them, or shopping, ditto.

In Isaiah we are told to keep the day holy, apart to the Lord. Would that include watching Netflix movies? I don't think so. Also in Isaiah we see that there is to be no buying and selling on the Sabbath - which is a kind of work of course - as the Israelites got in big trouble for buying fish at their gates on the Sabbath. Now, some will say that was the "Old" Testament. Again, the Bible says clearly that "YHWH never changes" and that He "will not alter what goes out of His mouth."

I like to use the Sabbath for research on Biblical topics. Praise and prayer are great, too, of course! However, it can be a great family day, too, just so you don't work on that day. Volunteer work is fine as Messiah said it is good to do good works on the Sabbath.

Upvote 0

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Why do you promote legalism?

We are free from the Law, and any other written ordinances, to serve by yielding to the Holy Spirit.

We should like to meet other Christians, and most meet on Sunday at varous places.

Go back and turn to the Lord Jesus, who is on High. He is the one we should turn to, not religious doctrines or legalism "have to" acts.

We have been saved by Grace, and are to walk by Grace (God at work in us by His Holy Spirit). It is to be leading He puts within us by Grace, His Holy Spirit, that we yield and walk by. Not ordinances and legalism.

It is Him on High we serve by Grace working within us (His Holy Spirit). Those led by the Holy Spirit (working Grace within us to yield to) that are the people of God.

20160717_200610.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Heissonear

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Allow me to ask. How exactly does one celebrate the Sabbath according to the Old Testament? I realize that we are to be holy everyday of the week. Would that make the Sabbath null and void or would it be something else? I wonder now how do I myself begin to change in my view from Sunday to Saturday. How do the Jewish people celebrate the Sabbath? Obviously, I know nothing about the Jewish people and their views, no disrespect. What did Paul mean about the sabbaths and moons; would it be about the change of the day of the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday?
Post content removed

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,484.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Why do you promote legalism?

We are free from the Law, and any other written ordinances, to serve by yielding to the Holy Spirit.

We should like to meet other Christians, and most meet on Sunday at varous places.

Go back and turn to the Lord Jesus, who is on High. He is the one we should turn to, not religious doctrines or legalism "have to" acts.

We have been saved by Grace, and are to walk by Grace (God at work in us by His Holy Spirit). It is to be leading He puts within us by Grace, His Holy Spirit, that we yield and walk by. Not ordinances and legalism.

It is Him on High we serve by Grace working within us (His Holy Spirit). Those led by the Holy Spirit (working Grace within us to yield to) that are the people of God.

View attachment 242200

Why do you ignore the rules of this forum. As I clearly reiterated, this is not a debate forum. You are supposed to direct your comments to the OP. Bye!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heissonear

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If the Law has been done away with under the "New" Testament, can we now bow down to other gods, murder, steal, commit adultery, etc. and expect to go to Heaven? No.

Now many say that when Messiah talked about the Laws of love that He changed the Old Testament, Mosaic, Law. No, he was quoting it verbatim. He had just been asked a question. The question was not "What is new and improved now?" No, it was "Which of the Laws" [of Moses, as there were no other laws under consideration] " is most important?" When the reply was to love the Almighty with all our hearts and souls and resources and to love others as ourselves, this was just a reiteration of what they had all heard before in the Torah, or Mosaic Law.

Here is my take on the Sabbath.... (If anyone wants to debate it, well, this isn't a debate forum, so I won't engage. Also, your comments are to be directed to the OP.)

Yes, we are saved solely by faith in the Isaiah 53 Savior. However, He said "If you love Me, keep My Commandments." His Commandments are the same as His Father's as They are One. . The Bible says that the Almighty "will not alter what goes out of His mouth." If that is not true, the Bible is not reliable. At Mt. Sinai, to the ears of the terrified Israelites below, He audibly spoke the 10 Commandments. This included a Fri. nightfall to Sat. nightfall Sabbath. NOTHING in the Bible says the Sabbath was changed to Sunday..

People say "Paul said....Paul said..." But Paul said to follow the Savior, not him, and anyway Paul never said the Sabbath was changed and certainly had no authority to change what was audibly spoken by our Creator and written on stone with His very finger. When he said "Let no man judge you" he was talking to new converts and encouraging them in their observance, not NON observance, of the Biblical holy days, i.e. to not give into pagan peer pressures.

. Throughout the New Testament you can see that the apostles, including Paul, actually kept the Mosaic Law. In Acts 15, for example, "even" the food laws are upheld and yes, for NON Jewish converts. We see there that blood is still forbidden and that the new converts are expected to be, as was the tradition, in Synagogues, on the Sabbath, to learn the rest of the Law of Moses. In Acts 21 we see that Paul, and all those in the Jerusalem Council, upheld the Law of Moses and Paul took an oath to demonstrate that.

Read the false accusations spoken against Stephen. He was falsely accused of saying that our Savior came to do away with the Law of Moses. Acts 6:11-14. Further, our Savior affirmed the Sabbath by telling his followers, about the time when the Temple would be destroyed - after His Ascension - "Pray that your flight will not be in the winter or on the Sabbath." He wanted them to be able to rest on the Sabbath in the future, as always in the past. . You can see some RCC leaders online admitting to the fact that the Bible does not sanction a Sunday Sabbath, but that Protestants keep it anyway since - guess who changed it? ROME, under the pagan sun worshipper Constantine, changed it over a millenium ago. Constantine said that Christians were to be executed if they kept the true Sabbath and said they needed to rest "on the venerable day of the sun." Check it out.

Sun...day. It's not the Sabbath. However, the Father of Mercies knows we are all confused children. We need not to turn on others about it, therefore, but to show love. If we do not, no matter what we do it's all a waste, certainly not the path to Heaven. Yet, if you want to move away from "traditions of men" to the real truths of the real Bible, I recommend 119 Ministries' vids, starting with The Pauline Paradox. . And yes, you can rest or worship on any day of the week, but you are not supposed to...work...or cook...on the Sabbath - neither you nor those in your home, nor any servants (think waitresses and sales clerks etc.). Not even animals are to work then, or be penned up then. In fact, in Isaiah we are told to keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord and also not to buy or sell on that day.

The Sabbath is the longest Commandment and is stated in the Bible to be the very sign given to Israel of their Covenant with Him. (The New Testament tells us to be grafted into what? Israel.) Other nations had laws against murder and theft for example. Only those who wanted to Covenant with YHWH, aka God, were asked to keep the Sabbath. In the New Testament we are told to be grafted into Israel.. The 4th Commandment is not a suggestion. And no, I'm not a 7th Day Adventist.
Taken off postcontent

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That is a matter decided long ago. When a person accepts Christianity they accept worship on Sunday.

"When a person accepts Christianity they accept worship on Sunday." Not so. They accept the teaching of whatever church doctrine they may believe or church they attend as to whether they worship on the 7th day Sabbath or worship on Sunday.

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
"When a person accepts Christianity they accept worship on Sunday." Not so. They accept the teaching of whatever church doctrine they may believe or church they attend as to whether they worship on the 7th day Sabbath or worship on Sunday.

Actually I was referring to Christianity, not some later innovation. The day of Christian worship was settled long ago.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Will we be judged as far as our eternal destiny if we don't observe the Sabbath? Maybe, maybe not.
Follow Jesus, Jesus kept the Sabbath, so should we. Keep the Sabbath because you love Jesus and that is what Jesus did. If one keeps the Sabbath thinking it will save them ... then that is out of "works".

What day do we or are supposed to celebrate the Sabbath? The 7th day, which is Sundown Friday, through Sundown Saturday.

How do we go on celebrating the Sabbath since it is in the Ten Commandments? To do good on the 7th day Sabbath, along with rest. Follow Jesus, He taught, He healed, He prayed, He rested. Follow Jesus .

Has it been done away with since we are in the New Testament? Some believe the 10 commandments were abolished. No .. the 10 commandments are eternal law. Through the grace of Jesus Christ and his righteousness, He saves us from condemnation of eternal law. He stands in our stead ... but we are to press forward to the mark.

Jesus said that He is the Fulfillment of the Law, so what did He mean that we are supposed to
to follow the Sabbath as Christians?

Fulfillment of the Law - He (Jesus) was the only person who was ever capable of keeping the 10 Commandments - eternal law. He was God incarnate ... Fully God in a mans human body/the flesh.
Because of this and because He sacrificed His life for us only He has the power to save us. Again He stands in our place before God Almighty.

You will of course receive many opinions about this, and other opinions about other things, so I encourage you to diligently study His Word for yourself .... the Holy Bible and measure everything put forth with His Holy Word. Day by day through His Word. Always pray for His Holy Spirit to lead you in truth and you will receive more light, more understanding. It takes time but is time well spent.

It is a life-long journey, walk with Him, follow Him.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,484.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, I did forget to mention that of course jobs where you have to work on the Sabbath, like in hospitals, police work, fire departments, whatever, do not violate the Sabbath. Messiah referred to how it was acceptable to rescue an animal on the Sabbath that had fallen into a pit, How much more is it okay to help a human being when they absolutely need help on a Sabbath?

Upvote 0

Godcrazy

Sep 20, 2018
Cheshire
✟9,353.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes that's right I work in a care home where it's working by rota like each second weekend, although it's night work I have to sleep when I get home obviously.. I'm very new to it as I recently got back to the Lord, he's not shown me regarding the Sabbaths before but he did this time. Among other things. I'm not even went to the messianic church yet I have health issues and dream issues that leaves me drained, plus other things. I'm very new, and I was like [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. I was not even baptised properly only as a child and within the jehowas witnesses that is a long time ago. So I'm gonna have to do it again..if now the Lord comes back before that it's not gonna be an issue?

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,484.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Nothing in the Bible says you have to go to a Church, Messianic or otherwise. Just fyi there are some Messianic services online on the Sabbath IF you want to watch. If you are very tired out, that might be easier for you. The Bible does tell us to gather on the Sabbath, but doesn't give specifics.

Take it easy on yourself. I pray you will be led to healing from the things that trouble you.

Upvote 0