United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yet He still sinned. Why?
He didn't rule over it.

Genesis 4:7
If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.”

• Agree
Reactions: FineLinen
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Not arguing that Christ is the Savior. He is. Thank God for that.
But it's not automatic. You must Repent of your sins, place your trust in Christ.

Dear Smith: I know of no human who beholds the glory of the Lord at any time will not cry out in broken sobs>>>

" woe is me for I have seen the glory of the Lord & I repent in sackcloth & ashes."

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

smithed64

To Die is gain, To Live is Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, some will be saved. Not all.
1 Timothy 2:4

“For this is good and pleasing in the eyes of God our Saviour; who will have some men to be saved and come to an increasing knowledge of the truth.”

Acts 10:36

"The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: He is Lord of some.

2 Peter 3:9

“The Lord is not slack/does not loiter/ is not dilatory concerning his promise, according to some people’s conception of slowness; but He bears patiently with you, because it is not His will for any to be lost, but for some to come/reach repentance.”

If you have sin in your life and you have not repented. Remember it's not His will for any to be lost, but for some to come/reach repentance.

Not everyone will be saved. By their own choice, they won't. God knew and knows this. He is also letting us know through His Spirit that will be so. Not to discourage us, No. To strengthen us to continue spreading the Gospel to everyone. Because that one person, may repent and put their trust in Christ.

You defeat your own discussion with these.

Christ is supreme and He will judge us, the believers, by our deeds. God will judge those on judgement day.

Upvote 0

smithed64

Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
He didn't rule over it.

Genesis 4:7
If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.”

How do we rule over sin?

Upvote 0

smithed64

Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Dear Smith: I know of no human who beholds the glory of the Lord at any time will not cry out in broken sobs>>>

" woe is me for I have seen the glory of the Lord & I repent in sackcloth & ashes."

As they should. His glory more than we can behold.

Remember, Moses asked to see God while on the mountain. God told Him he couldn't see him, but He would pass by him. He put Moses in a crevise, placed His hand over Mose to protect Him then passed by Moses. Just passing by Moses, changed his life forever and even how he looked. It changed Him.

God's glory is awesome.

Problem though is this. Even if God were to come down from Heaven today. Many would still turn from Him. Because their lives are not about God, it's about themselves. They are wretched, blind and lost sinners. Who rebel against God.
As Christ told the Pharisees, when they demanded that He prove Himself as God. He said to them, you see and know about the miracles that have been performed, you know that only God can do these things, Yet you still disbelieve, that it was Him that sent me.

John 12:38-41 (KJVSL) That ἵνα the saying λόγος of Esaias Ἡσαΐας the prophet προφήτης might be fulfilled πληρόω, which ὅς he spake ἔπω, Lord κύριος, who τίς hath believed πιστεύω our ἡμῶν report ἀκοή? and καί to whom τίς hath the arm βραχίων of the Lord κύριος been revealed ἀποκαλύπτω? Therefore τοῦτο διά they could δύναμαι not οὐ believe πιστεύω, because ὅτι that Esaias Ἡσαΐας said ἔπω again πάλιν, He hath blinded τυφλόω their αὐτός eyes ὀφθαλμός, and καί hardened πωρόω their αὐτός heart καρδία; that ἵνα μή they should εἴδω not ἵνα μή see εἴδω with their eyes ὀφθαλμός, nor καί understand νοιέω with their heart καρδία, and καί be converted ἐπιστρέφω, and καί I should heal ἰάομαι them αὐτός. These things ταῦτα said ἔπω Esaias Ἡσαΐας, when ὅτε he saw εἴδω his αὐτός glory δόξα, and καί spake λαλέω of περί him αὐτός.

If the religious leaders of His time, who knew about God, Studied His Scripture, Didn't believe in Christ. What makes you think that a man in rebellion against God would even think of believing in Him. Without the knowledge of their sins, the conviction of the Holy Spirit and repentance?

No, Not all are saved. Only some.

And saying some=all...is like saying nothing created something..not possible.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do we rule over sin?
James 4:7
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

James 1:13-15
When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yes, some will be saved. Not all.

Not everyone will be saved. By their own choice, they won't.

Dear Father: We understand that you "will" all mankind to be saved, but alas this is not possible. We tiny wills have the final say.

“…Nothing can be lost that is not first owned. Just as a parent is compelled by civil law to be responsible for his family and his property, so the Creator --by His own divine law–in compelled to take care of the children He has created. And that means not only caring for the good children, but for the bad ones and lost ones as well. So the word lost came to be for Mrs. Smith (Hannah W. Smith), a term of greatest comfort. If a person is a “lost sinner” it only means that he is temporarily separated from the Good Shepherd who owns him. The Shepherd is bound by all duties of ownership to go after all those who are lost until they are found.” -Catherine Marshall-

• Winner
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Dear Father: Sure You wish all mankind will be saved, but alas, wishing cannot accomplish such a conclusion. Can You use a stronger word than wish?

“Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, To the praise of the glory of His grace , wherein He has made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace ; Wherein He has abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; Having made known unto us the mystery of His will , according to His good pleasure which He has purposed in Himself :That in the dispensation of the fulness of times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in Him: In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of Him who works all things after the counsel of His own will .”

Upvote 0

smithed64

Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
James 4:7
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

James 1:13-15
When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

Absolutely correct.
But remember, it's not through our power or spirit, but by the Spirit of the Lord.
We have to turn from sin, yes. But we alone cannot rule over it, we have a hard enough time ruling over our own passions. We must put our faith in Christ. Because the wars been won, but the battle still rages over our souls. This battle isn't over flesh and blood, but those things we cannot see. That's where God is there always for us. To be our Rock and Salvation.

I agree with you and Thank God for you and have you in my prayers.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

smithed64

Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Dear Father: We understand that you "will" all mankind to be saved, but alas this is not possible. We tiny wills have the final say.

“…Nothing can be lost that is not first owned. Just as a parent is compelled by civil law to be responsible for his family and his property, so the Creator --by His own divine law–in compelled to take care of the children He has created. And that means not only caring for the good children, but for the bad ones and lost ones as well. So the word lost came to be for Mrs. Smith (Hannah W. Smith), a term of greatest comfort. If a person is a “lost sinner” it only means that he is temporarily separated from the Good Shepherd who owns him. The Shepherd is bound by all duties of ownership to go after all those who are lost until they are found.” -Catherine Marshall-

Just as I will it for my son to be successful, means it's my desire for him to be so. Doesn't mean he will. He still has to make the right choices.

I see you don't understand about the will of God.

There are two will's...His Will of Decree, or Sovereign Will.
[/quote]
1. God’s Will of Decree, or Sovereign Will
Let’s see the passages of Scripture that make us think this way. First consider passages that describe “the will of God” as his sovereign control of all that comes to pass. One of the clearest is the way Jesus spoke of the will of God in Gethsemane when he was praying. He said, in Matthew 26:39, “My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.” What does the will of God refer to in this verse? It refers to the sovereign plan of God that will happen in the coming hours. You recall how Acts 4:27–28 says this: “Truly in this city there were gathered together against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, along with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, to do whatever your hand and your plan had predestined to take place.” So the “will of God” was that Jesus die. This was his plan, his decree. There was no changing it, and Jesus bowed and said, “Here’s my request, but you do what is best to do.” That’s the sovereign will of God.

And don’t miss the very crucial point here that it includes the sins of man. Herod, Pilate, the soldiers, the Jewish leaders — they all sinned in fulfilling God’s will that his Son be crucified (Isaiah 53:10). So be very clear on this: God wills to come to pass some things that he hates.

Here’s an example from 1 Peter. In 1 Peter 3:17, Peter writes, “It is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be God’s will, than for doing evil.” In other words, it may be God’s will that Christians suffer for doing good. He has in mind persecution. But persecution of Christians who do not deserve it is sin. So again, God sometimes wills that events come about that include sin. “It is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be God’s will.”

Paul gives a sweeping summary statement of this truth in Ephesians 1:11, “In him [Christ] we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will.” The will of God is God’s sovereign governance of all that comes to pass. And there are many other passages in the Bible that teach that God’s providence over the universe extends to the smallest details of nature and human decisions. Not one sparrow falls to the ground apart from our Father in heaven (Matthew 10:29). “The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the Lord” (Proverbs 16:33). “The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord” (Proverbs 16:1). “The king’s heart is a stream of water in the hand of the Lord; he turns it wherever he will” (Proverbs 21:1).

That’s the first meaning of the will of God: It is God’s sovereign control of all things. We will call this his “sovereign will” or his “will of decree.” It cannot be broken. It always comes to pass. “He does according to his will among the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand or say to him, ‘What have you done?’” (Daniel 4:35). [/quote/]

His Will of Command
[/quote]
2. God’s Will of Command
Now the other meaning for “the will of God” in the Bible is what we can call his “will of command.” His will is what he commands us to do. This is the will of God we can disobey and fail to do. The will of decree we do whether we believe in it or not. The will of command we can fail to do. For example, Jesus said, “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven” (Matthew 7:21). Not all do the will of his Father. He says so. “Not everyone will enter the kingdom of heaven.” Why? Because not all do the will of God.

Paul says in 1 Thessalonians 4:3, “This is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality.” Here we have a very specific instance of what God commands us: holiness, sanctification, sexual purity. This is his will of command. But, oh, so many do not obey.

Then Paul says in 1 Thessalonians 5:18, “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” There again is a specific aspect of his will of command: Give thanks in all circumstances. But many do not do this will of God.

“Immerse yourself in the written word of God. Saturate your mind with it.”
1 John 2:17). Not all abide forever. Some do. Some don’t. The difference? Some do the will of God. Some don’t. The will of God, in this sense, does not always happen.

So I conclude from these and many other passages of the Bible that there are two ways of talking about the will of God. Both are true, and both are important to understand and believe in. One we can call God’s will of decree (or his sovereign will) and the other we can call God’s will of command. His will of decree always comes to pass whether we believe in it or not. His will of command can be broken, and is every day. [/quote/]

[/quote]
And corresponding to these two wills are the two things you need in this situation: one is a God who is strong and sovereign enough to turn it for good; and the other is a God who is able to empathize with you. On the one hand, Christ is a sovereign High King, and nothing happens apart from his will (Matthew 28:18). On the other hand, Christ is a merciful High Priest and sympathizes with our weaknesses and pain (Hebrews 4:15). The Holy Spirit conquers us and our sins when he wills (John 1:13; Romans 9:15–16), and allows himself to be quenched and grieved and angered when he wills (Ephesians 4:30; 1 Thessalonians 5:19). His sovereign will is invincible, and his will of command can be grievously broken.

We need both these truths — both these understandings of the will of God — not only to make sense out of the Bible, but to hold fast to God in suffering. [/quote/]

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12:1–2)

We must renew our mind through the scriptures. So that we can discern what is his will.

And the scriptures say, time and time again. You must repent of your sins, place your trust in Christ, and be saved by Grace alone and faith alone.

Many will do so, yes. But many won't either. By their own choice. Even though God Will's it to be so. The choice is yours.

There is one more will to add to this. His Permissive Will. He allows things to happen for a reason. Some reasons we Discern through the Holy Spirit. Some may not affect us at all, but will be for someone else. Yet, it's still Gods will for what ever it was to happen.

God's Permissive will, allows us to make choices. He let's us do that. But His Sovereign Will or Will of decree, does NOT in any way, change the consequences of the choices we have made.

So again, if you have broken God's commandments and have not repented of your sins and place your trust in Christ, You will not be able to enter into Heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So again, if you have broken God's commandments and have not repented of your sins and place your trust in Christ, You will not be able to enter into Heaven.

Dear Smithed: Repentance does not begin with us, it flows from God who grants it. The all begins in Him & ends in Him!

God is the Source, Guide & Goal of ta pante

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Just as I will it for my son to be successful, means it's my desire for him to be so. Doesn't mean he will. He still has to make the right choices.

I see you don't understand about the will of God.

Dear Smithed: The Will of all wills prevails. That Will moves in absolute sync with at one ment & rectification.

“Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, To the praise of the glory of His grace , wherein He has made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace ; Wherein He has abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; Having made known unto us the mystery of His will , according to His good pleasure which He has purposed in Himself :That in the dispensation of the fulness of times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in Him: In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of Him who works all things after the counsel of His own will .”

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
  1. Would there be any tender mercy in the infliction of endless misery?
  2. Are the tender mercies of the Lord like unto the tender mercies of the wicked which are cruel?
  3. If God is not the Father of sinners, why should sinners pray, saying, "Our Father, forgive us our trespasses?"
  4. "Have we not all one Father? Hath not one God created us?" -- (Mal. 2:10)
  5. If God be the Father of all men, will He do less for His children than earthly parents would do for theirs?
  6. Is it true that God punishes us "for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness?" -- (Heb. 12:11)
  7. Would endless punishment be for our profit?

Upvote 0

smithed64

Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Dear Smithed: Repentance does not begin with us, it flows from God who grants it. The all begins in Him & ends in Him!

God is the Source, Guide & Goal of ta pante

Conviction comes from the Holy Spirit.
Repentance comes from us, to God.
We sin, against God, therefore we must confess our sins to God. acknowledging the truth of the sins we have committed against Him. To come to him with a contrite heart and broken spirit.

The prayer David prayed, when he was shown of His sins of adultery and murder, by the prophet Nathan.

Psalm 51:1-17 (NASB) For the choir director. A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came to him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba. Be gracious to me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness; According to the greatness of Your compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity And cleanse me from my sin. For I know my transgressions, And my sin is ever before me. Against You, You only, I have sinned And done what is evil in Your sight, So that You are justified when You speak And blameless when You judge. Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me. Behold, You desire truth in the innermost being, And in the hidden part You will make me know wisdom. Purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Make me to hear joy and gladness, Let the bones which You have broken rejoice. Hide Your face from my sins And blot out all my iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation And sustain me with a willing spirit. Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, And sinners will be converted to You. Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, the God of my salvation; Then my tongue will joyfully sing of Your righteousness. O Lord, open my lips, That my mouth may declare Your praise. For You do not delight in sacrifice, otherwise I would give it; You are not pleased with burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.

Luke 13:3 (NASB) "I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.
Acts 2:38 (NASB) Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Acts 3:19 (NASB) "Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord;
Acts 17:30 (NASB) "Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent,

Put your trust in Christ.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Conviction comes from the Holy Spirit.
Repentance comes from us, to God.
We sin, against God, therefore we must confess our sins to God. acknowledging the truth of the sins we have committed against Him. To come to him with a contrite heart and broken spirit.

Dear Smithy: God is the Source & the Goal. The Spirit of the Lord convicts of sin (in a vast arsenal of workings) and repentance is "granted" by the A & F.

“When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

"Granted" = didomi =

To give.

Of one's own accord to give one something, to his advantage.

To grant, give to one asking/ to let have.

To reach out, extend, present.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

smithed64

Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Dear Smithed: The Will of all wills prevails. That Will moves in absolute sync with at one ment & rectification.

This is about predestination.
I agree there is predestination. Because the scripture tells us so.
I agree there is choice. Because the scripture tells us so.
So how do we tie that to man, who is as fickle and reckless as can be.

We don't know the answers or the consequences to the choices we make. But God does. He not only knows the exact choice we are going to make. He knows the consequences of every single choice we could have made. God isn't surprised when we take a course of action. Not at all.

He knows who will bend knee and surrender themselves to Him. He knows those who won't. But does that stop Him from trying to save all of mankind. NO! it doesn't. Why? because He came down in the form of a man, suffered and died for our sins. So that we might be saved.

The elect, are those who elected to bend knee and repent of their sins. Did God know they would? Of course He did. Was He surprised. No He wasn't. He still gives us that choice to make through His permissive Will and His Decreed Will that all men to be saved.

He also knows there will be those who absolutely will not bend knee and surrender unto Him and pick up their cross. He still loves them enough to command that we go out and spread the Gospel, even to those who hate us and kill us. Why? If He knows that they will still reject Him. Love. It's all about God's love toward us. Even though he knows all. His love for us, continues on. His forgiveness for us, when we repent of our sins, continues on.

God is never surprised. He's never shocked when a man or woman bends knee and puts away their selfish pride and repents of their sins, and places their trust in Him. It Grieves Him, when he know so many are going to die in their sins. For He intends for all men to be saved. Knowing that even so, many will not be and he knows the reason why. Which is why He says there is no excuse for not being Saved.

God's love is so great, it spans across time.

Yet, many will die and go to Hell, because of their selfish pride and the love of their sins and this world.
God knows this and He grieves over it. At the same time. Hating it. And because of His righteousness and justice. He must punish it.

I'm extremely thankful for God, forgiving me of my sins.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

smithed64

Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Dear Smithy: God is the Source & the Goal. The Spirit of the Lord convicts of sin (in a vast arsenal of workings) and repentance is "granted" by the A & F.

“When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

"Granted" = didomi =

To give.

Of one's own accord to give one something, to his advantage.

To grant, give to one asking/ to let have.

To reach out, extend, present.

I said the Holy Spirit convicts. That's what He does. But He also teaches, brings to remembrance God's word, discern's things, comfort's us, guide us, and lead us. He brings about the fruits of the Spirit and dispenses the Gifts of the Holy Spirit that God grants to us.

Remember, When Christ first came into the world. He came fulfilling the prophecy of old. He came and was rejected from His own people. He knew this would happen. He also knew that those Gentiles would not reject Him. He came for the sins of the whole world, not just a certain group of people. He came to bring forth the Kingdom of God, upon the Earth. He came to teach all men about the father.

Many accepted, Many rejected. It's the same today, if not worse, than it was during His walk on this old rock.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He knows who will bend knee and surrender themselves to Him. He knows those who won't.
Yes; every knee, in heaven and on earth and under the earth. (the realm of the dead) Phil.2:10
And no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit. 1Cor.12:3
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,”... you will be saved. Rom.10:9

Philippians 2:10-11
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

1 Corinthians 12:3
Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says,
“Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

Romans 14:9
For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that
he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

Romans 10:9
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart
that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Note on "acknowledge" in Philippians 2:11
S1843 eksomologéō (from 1537 /ek, "wholly out from," intensifying 3670 /homologéō, "say the same thing about") – properly, fully agree and to acknowledge that agreement openly (whole-heartedly); hence, to confess ("openly declare"), without reservation (no holding back).

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This is about predestination.
I agree there is predestination. Because the scripture tells us so.
I agree there is choice. Because the scripture tells us so.
So how do we tie that to man, who is as fickle and reckless as can be.

We don't know the answers or the consequences to the choices we make. But God does. He not only knows the exact choice we are going to make. He knows the consequences of every single choice we could have made. God isn't surprised when we take a course of action. Not at all.

He knows who will bend knee and surrender themselves to Him. He knows those who won't. But does that stop Him from trying to save all of mankind. NO! it doesn't. Why? because He came down in the form of a man, suffered and died for our sins. So that we might be saved.

The elect, are those who elected to bend knee and repent of their sins. Did God know they would? Of course He did. Was He surprised. No He wasn't. He still gives us that choice to make through His permissive Will and His Decreed Will that all men to be saved.

He also knows there will be those who absolutely will not bend knee and surrender unto Him and pick up their cross. He still loves them enough to command that we go out and spread the Gospel, even to those who hate us and kill us. Why? If He knows that they will still reject Him. Love. It's all about God's love toward us. Even though he knows all. His love for us, continues on. His forgiveness for us, when we repent of our sins, continues on.

God is never surprised. He's never shocked when a man or woman bends knee and puts away their selfish pride and repents of their sins, and places their trust in Him. It Grieves Him, when he know so many are going to die in their sins. For He intends for all men to be saved. Knowing that even so, many will not be and he knows the reason why. Which is why He says there is no excuse for not being Saved.

God's love is so great, it spans across time.

Yet, many will die and go to Hell, because of their selfish pride and the love of their sins and this world.
God knows this and He grieves over it. At the same time. Hating it. And because of His righteousness and justice. He must punish it.

I'm extremely thankful for God, forgiving me of my sins.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Dear Smithy: This my friend is the predetermined Will of all wills. It is the final outcome for our Father's Plan of reconciliation for the all, the ta pante. It has zero to do with any of our choices, it is His determined will. I am of the opinion His will ultimately prevails!

Who is going to bend the knee is quite simple, the all in the heavens, the all in the earth, the all in the underworld. This worship in not "at" the Name of all names but in union with the glorious Name. Yes, EN/IN, is the foundation.

One's selfish pride will not stand. Our Father has designed a plan that succeeds. We all must die, and are like water that is spilled on the ground that cannot be gathered up again>>>

BUT the Lord does not take away life>>>

Instead He devises ways for the banished to be restored.

Upvote 0