FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Sin is vertical, not horizontal. He wants all men to be saved. But he also isn't going to force us to do so.

So yes, if a person goes to Hell, it's their fault. No one else.

Dear Smith: Whose will prevails? God does not "want" all mankind to be saved, He wills all mankind to be saved. Take a boo at thelo at your earliest convenience.

"God who wills all mankind to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth."

2edf657ffc2c2dd7a875e97d65c084b2d805f70c.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: smithed64
Upvote 0

smithed64

To Die is gain, To Live is Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Dear Smith: Whose will prevails? God does not "want" all mankind to be saved, He wills all mankind to be saved. Take a boo at thelo at your earliest convenience.

2edf657ffc2c2dd7a875e97d65c084b2d805f70c.jpeg

You mean take a look at theology? I don't think you meant boo at thelo.

I have. Love it.
I agree, God's will not only prevails, It dominants. As it should.

God wants for nothing, your right. I used the wrong word. It happens. I am human...LOL.
Has nothing to do with my Theological Studies.

• Haha
Reactions: FineLinen
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You mean take a look at theology? I don't think you meant boo at thelo.

I have. Love it.
I agree, God's will not only prevails, It dominants. As it should.

God wants for nothing, your right. I used the wrong word. It happens. I am human...LOL.
Has nothing to do with my Theological Studies.

Dear Smith: That is an awesome statement coming from a fellow human!

"God's will not only prevails, it dominates."

What rest I find as I bathe my weary bones in such knowledge. My wee will cannot prevail (thank God), the Will of all wills dominates with a capital D.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

smithed64

Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Dear Smith: That is an awesome statement coming from a fellow human!

"God's will not only prevails, it dominates."

What rest I find as I bathe my weary bones in such knowledge. My wee will cannot prevail (thank God), the Will of all wills dominates with a capital D.

I"m glad you can bathe your weary bones in such knowledge. LOL
His will dominates, by His Sovereign Will. He doesn't make us do anything that we don't want to do. Of course not.
But as we are shown through the Scripture, It's not by might nor by power but by the Spirit saith the Lord.
We are also not to go about saying I will go here and do this or I'll get up and go here, but we aught to say Lord willing I will do these things.

James 4:13-15

He holds the keys, He grants us life, It's all about Him. So yeah, it's his will not ours. Even Jesus said that.

Matthew 26:39, Even he understood the Fathers will was foremost, and not His own. He also understood the reason why He had to do what was done.

Dominates is a strong word, but it gets the message across. It's the Fathers will, which in turn is Christ will and the Holy Spirit's will that we pick up our cross and deny ourselves.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I"m glad you can bathe your weary bones in such knowledge. LOL
His will dominates, by His Sovereign Will. He doesn't make us do anything that we don't want to do. Of course not.
But as we are shown through the Scripture, It's not by might nor by power but by the Spirit saith the Lord.
We are also not to go about saying I will go here and do this or I'll get up and go here, but we aught to say Lord willing I will do these things.

James 4:13-15

He holds the keys, He grants us life, It's all about Him. So yeah, it's his will not ours. Even Jesus said that.

Matthew 26:39, Even he understood the Fathers will was foremost, and not His own. He also understood the reason why He had to do what was done.

Dominates is a strong word, but it gets the message across. It's the Fathers will, which in turn is Christ will and the Holy Spirit's will that we pick up our cross and deny ourselves.

Dear Smith: Dominates expresses exactly what the Will of all wee wills does. The at one ment is the bringing of all little wills into alignment with the glorious Will of all wills.

"The purpose of the cross is to do away with you, blessed riddance."

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
  1. Can God be "especially the Savior of them who believe," unless He be actually the Savior of all? -- (1 Tim. 4:10)
  2. If belief and good works in this life, be essential to eternal salvation in the next, can infants be saved?
  3. Can the good actions of finite man merit an infinite reward?
  4. Can the evil actions of finite man merit infinite punishment?
  5. If men are saved by works, is salvation of grace?
  6. If one man is saved by grace, why should not all be saved in like manner?

Upvote 0

smithed64

Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
  1. Can God be "especially the Savior of them who believe," unless He be actually the Savior of all? -- (1 Tim. 4:10)
  2. If belief and good works in this life, be essential to eternal salvation in the next, can infants be saved?
  3. Can the good actions of finite man merit an infinite reward?
  4. Can the evil actions of finite man merit infinite punishment?
  5. If men are saved by works, is salvation of grace?
  6. If one man is saved by grace, why should not all be saved in like manner?

1. Wrong way to ask that question? Again you like to take things out of context way too much. You might want to stop doing that.

Yes God is the savior of all men, then and now. If all choose to go to him and repent and place their trust in Christ. But not all will, nor do they desire to.
The word Malista, in greek, meaing especially, also means "chiefly" and "most of all".
So yes, God is chiefly the Savior to believers.
I know He is my Savior and I Thank Him tremendously for His Grace and Mercy.

But as the Scripture tells us, none is righteous, no not one. They don't even seek out righteousness.

So, no, not all will be saved. I would pray that all could be and they turn from their selfish, prideful and wicked ways. But they are in rebellion, they are sinners, and yes, sin has two definitions...One is Transgressing God's laws...the other is "Missing the mark"

2. Belief and good works, are not essential to eternal salvation. Repentance and Faith are. Works comes because of repentance and placing your trust in Christ. The more you place your trust in Christ, the more the Holy Spirit will work within you to help you to do the works of faith for Christ.
According to the scripture, Infants, if they die, go to heaven. Read about David and the son of his that died.
Considering that Infants, don't have any notion as to what sin is, nor what it pertains.
Then the question is do infants sin?
Then this may well be one of those parts where God tells us, there is no way we know His thoughts. Because we don't. That would be God's call on both the question...that I know you nor I have the answer to.

3. Good question? Jesus said, no one is good except the father. He obviously wasn't speaking of himself, because He is God. All one has to do is look at the commandments of God, have you lied? if you have your a liar. Have you committed adultery? Jesus said that if a man look at a woman with lust has committed adultery in his heart already. That's just two of the ten that God wrote with His own hand. If you fault in one, you fault in all. So the good deeds of an Evil man are for selfish reasons, because He is not out to please God, but himself.

4. Man who denies Christ, Christ does not abide with, so their reward is eternal damnation.

5. Men are not saved by works. 2 Timothy 1:9 who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity, but now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.

and then there is

Ephesians 2:8-9.

Your answer to Grace:
1. grace
a. that which affords joy, pleasure, delight, sweetness, charm, loveliness: grace of speech
2. goodwill, loving-kindness, favour
a. of the merciful kindness by which God, exerting his holy influence upon souls, turns them to Christ, keeps, strengthens, increase them in Christian faith, knowledge, affection, and kindles them to the exercise of the Christian virtues.
3. What is due to grace
a. the spiritual condition of one governed by the power of divine grace.
b. the token or proof of grace, benefit
1. a gift of grace
2. benefit, bounty
4. Thanks, (for benefits, services, favours), recompense, reward.

So, yes it is Salvation. Unmerited favour from God. We don't deserve it. If we got what we justly deserve, we'd all go to Hell.

6. There have been many saved by Grace alone, by Christ alone, Through Faith Alone. Not all will do the one thing that will save them....Repent of their sins, place their trust in Christ, that he lived, died and rose again on the third day. That is the Gospel, the Good News.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
1. Wrong way to ask that question? Again you like to take things out of context way too much. You might want to stop doing that.

Yes God is the savior of all men, then and now. If all choose to go to him and repent and place their trust in Christ. But not all will, nor do they desire to.
The word Malista, in greek, meaing especially, also means "chiefly" and "most of all".
So yes, God is chiefly the Savior to believers.
I know He is my Savior and I Thank Him tremendously for His Grace and Mercy.

Dear Smithed: The God of glory is chiefly the Saviour of those who believe/ trust in Him. That is a fact. It is also a fact that God is the Saviour of ALL mankind. He is NOT a potential Saviour: He IS Saviour. And, my brother, we are commanded to teach this.

"God is the Saviour of all mankind, especially those who believe. Command this and teach this."

Reactions: Jord Simcha
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So, no, not all will be saved. he lived, died and rose again on the third day. That is the Gospel, the Good News.

Bingo! Not all of Adam1 and his seed will be saved.

Adam1 = all "made sinners" >>>

The Last Adam = the identical polus "made righteous."

Many = many>>>some = some>>>all = all>>>polus =polus

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let's do.
I didn't say sin wasn't in the world before the law was given. I said that people didn't know what sin was until the law was given.

Like a child doesn't know he or she is lying, when they apparently do at times. Until they are shown through God's word that they aught not do such a thing. And that there are consequences for doing so.

Cain knew he did wrong with murdering Abel. So much so he lied about it. But he didn't know the consequences of His Actions until God upholding His justice and law punished Him for the murder.

With the Law, We know we are doing wrong, not only do we know that the action is wrong, the intent to do the action is wrong Also. This is what Christ meant when he said that if a man LOOK at a woman with lust has committed Adultery in his heart already.

John even tells us that if you hate your brother, your a murder at heart and there is no eternal life in you whatsoever.

If i didn't make that clear at the time i wrote it. I apologize, didn't mean to confuse anyone.
But yes, sin existed, But the Law, is the sunlight in the room to shine through the darkness and shine on and show those sins out. So that we know that we aren't good nor righteous. And that we need a Savior Jesus Christ, to repent of those sins, Placing our trust in the one who bore our sins, but sinned not. So that we won't have to face an Wrathful God at the time of judgment.
Genesis 4:7
If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

smithed64

Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Bingo! Not all of Adam1 and his seed will be saved.

Adam1 = all "made sinners" >>>

The Last Adam = the identical polus "made righteous."

Many = many>>>some = some>>>all = all>>>polus =polus

Your premises are incorrect.

Many doesn't mean all
some doesn't mean all
All only means those who recieve the truth and repent of their sins

Christ wasn't made righteous. He was righteousness.
He imputes his righteousness upon us. Because our own righteousness is as a filthy rag to God.
No one is righteous, not one of us.

Upvote 0

smithed64

Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.”

Proverbs 14:12 (NASB) There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.

Proverbs 3:7 (NASB) Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and turn away from evil.

James 4:16 (NASB) But as it is, you boast in your arrogance; all such boasting is evil.
James 4:17 (NASB) Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin.

If you have lied? Your a liar.
If you have looked a someone with lust? You have committed adultery.
If you have used God's name in vain? That is blaspheme
If you create a god of your own? You are an idolater and have broken the first command of God.

If you have broken God's laws and have not repented of your sins. You will not be saved. There is only one way to the father and that is through Christ. And Christ won't know you unless you repent of your sins and do the works of faith after salvation.

Temptation is there, yes. But God will never tempt, but he does always make a way out of temptation.

Sin, also isn't an Identity. It is an action. It's transgressing the laws of God. It's not waiting for anything, because it's not a personified thing. It's a deed done against God.

Upvote 0

smithed64

Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Dear Smithed: The God of glory is chiefly the Saviour of those who believe/ trust in Him. That is a fact. It is also a fact that God is the Saviour of ALL mankind. He is NOT a potential Saviour: He IS Saviour. And, my brother, we are commanded to teach this.

"God is the Saviour of all mankind, especially those who believe. Command this and teach this."

We are commanded to teach, Repentance toward salvation. Just as Christ did.
He will and can save all of mankind. If they come to him with a broken heart and contrite spirit, repenting of their sins and placing their faith in Christ alone, by faith alone, through Grace alone.

Mankind is not automatically saved. That's a lie.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Your premises are incorrect.

Many doesn't mean all
some doesn't mean all
All only means those who recieve the truth and repent of their sins

Many does not mean all. Some does not mean all.

Pas radically means all

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
We are commanded to teach, Repentance toward salvation. Just as Christ did.
He will and can save all of mankind. If they come to him with a broken heart and contrite spirit, repenting of their sins and placing their faith in Christ alone, by faith alone, through Grace alone.

Mankind is not automatically saved. That's a lie.

The Lord God of glory, not only "can", He "will save" the all, the ta pante. 100%

He is NOT a potential Saviour" He IS Saviour

Take 2 =

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sin, also isn't an Identity. It is an action. It's transgressing the laws of God. It's not waiting for anything, because it's not a personified thing. It's a deed done against God.

Upvote 0

smithed64

Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

Yet He still sinned. Why?

Upvote 0

smithed64

Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The Lord God of glory, not only "can", He "will save" the all, the ta pante. 100%

He is NOT a potential Saviour" He IS Saviour

Take 2 =

Not arguing that Christ is the Savior. He is. Thank God for that.
But it's not automatic. You must Repent of your sins, place your trust in Christ.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Not arguing that Christ is the Savior. He is. Thank God for that.
But it's not automatic. You must Repent of your sins, place your trust in Christ.

Dear Smith: There is no autoimatic in Father's Realm. God IS Saviour PERIOD.

He saves the especially of His love & He saves ALL mankind.

The radical all of pas

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
All does not mean all

1 Cor. 15:22

“For as in Adam some die, so also in Christ some shall be made alive. But each in his own order; Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming, then comes the end, when He delivers up the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished some rule and some authority and power.”

Rev. 5:13

“And some created things that are in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and some things in them, I heard saying, To Him who sits on the throne and the Lamb, be blessing and honour and glory and dominion and power forever.”

Col. 1:18-20

“He too is that head whose body is the Church, the Firstborn from the dead, he is to the Church the Source of its life, that in some things He might occupy the foremost place/ to be in some things alone supreme. For it pleased the Father that in him the divine nature in some of its fulness should dwell. And, having made peace through the blood of His cross, by him to reconcile some things unto Himself; by him, I say, whether they be things on earth, or things in heaven. And you that were sometimes alienated…”

Acts 3:20,21

“And He will send Jesus, your destined Christ, yet heaven must retain Him, until the restitution of some things. (when some things are put right)”

1 Cor. 15:28

“And when some things shall be subdued unto Him, then shall the Son also Himself be subject unto Him that put some things under Him, that God may be some in some.”

1 Cor. 15:25,27

“For He must reign until He hath put some enemies under His feet…For He hath put some things under His feet. But when He saith some things are put under Him, it is manifest that He is excepted, which did put some things under Him.”

Romans 11:32

“For God has consigned some men to disobedience that He might have mercy upon some.”

Eph. 4:10

“Yea, He who came down is the same who is gone up, far above some heavens, that He might fill some things with His Presence.”

John 5:28

“Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which some that are in the graves shall hear His voice. Those who have done good will to live and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.”

1 Timothy 2:4

“For this is good and pleasing in the eyes of God our Saviour; who will have some men to be saved and come to an increasing knowledge of the truth.”

1 Timothy 2:6

“For there is one intermediary (One who brings God and men together) who gave Himself a ransom in behalf of some to be testified in due time.”

Cor. 5:15

“For the love of God overmasters us because we judge that if one died for some, then were some dead; And that His purpose in dying for some was that men, while still in life, should cease to live for themselves, and should live for Him who for their sake died and was raised to life.”

Col. 1:16

"For by Him were some things created, of things in heaven and on earth, things seen and things unseen (angels or archangels and some of the powers of Heaven)…some things were created by Him, and for Him (some were made by Christ for His own use and glory.)

John 3:35

“The Father loves the Son, and has given some things into His hand (has given Him control over less than everything). Whoever trusts on the Son possesses eternal life and he who does not obey the Son, God’s displeasure hangs over him continually.”

Gal. 3:20

“But the Scripture has concluded/consigned some without exception to the custody of sin, in order that the promise by faith in Christ Jesus might be given to those who believe in Him.”

Heb. 1:2

“God…hath in these days spoken unto us in His Son who is the predestined Lord of the universe. (whom he has appointed heir of some things)”

2 Cor. 5:14

“For the love of Christ constraineth/overmasters/compels/controls us, and this is the conviction we have reached; if one man died on behalf of some, then some thereby became dead men. Christ died for some, so that being alive should no longer mean living with our own life, but with his life who died for some of us and has risen again.”

Heb.8:11

“And they shall not teach some men his neighbor, and some his brother, saying get to know the Lord, for some of them shall know me from small to great. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness…”

Acts 10:36

"The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: He is Lord of some.

Rom. 11:36

“For from him some things come; through Him some things exists; and in him some things end.” (For of him and through him, and to him are some things.)

Eph. 4:6

“One Lord, one faith, one baptism. One God and Father of some, who is over some, and works through some, and dwells in some.”

Heb. 12:23

“To the festal gathering and Church of the first-born, enrolled as citizens in heaven, and to God the Judge of some men and unto the spirits of righteous ones made perfect.”

James 2:10

“For whomsoever shall keep the whole law, but fails in a single point, has become guilty of violating some.”

Romans 3:22,23

“…the righteous of God which comes by believing in Jesus Christ. …For some have sinned/ none have attained the glorious likeness of God/lack the glory that comes from God/ are deprived of the Divine splendour.”

John 17:2

“As thou has made him sovereign over some of mankind that he should give aeonios life to as many as thou hast given him.”

Romans 9:5

“The patriarchs are theirs and of their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ. May God who is supreme above some, be blessed throughout the ages.”

2 Peter 3:9

“The Lord is not slack/does not loiter/ is not dilatory concerning his promise, according to some people’s conception of slowness; but He bears patiently with you, because it is not His will for any to be lost, but for some to come/reach repentance.”

Phil. 2:10,11

In order that in adoration of the Name of Jesus some knees will bow themselves and openly acknowledge with joy, in celebration and praise, that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father. This profession and confession of His lordship shall be open and freely proclaimed, acknowledged joyfully by some beings in the heavens, by some beings on the earth and by some beings in the underworld.

John 12:32

“If I be lifted up, I will draw all unto Me.”

Radical Unbelievers Bible=

If I be lifted up, I will draw some unto Me.

Please Remember…

All does not radically mean all.

Whole is not whole.

All = Some

• Haha
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0