Question on the Feasts

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
I've been doing some reading in this forum and agree with you concerning Jesus abolishing the ceremonial laws on the cross. My question concerns the Feasts. Why are they believed to be part of the ceremonial laws?

I thought all had to be fulfilled to be abolished, and I thought that the Feast of Tabernacles hadn't been fully fulfilled yet. I realize that it means God comes to Tabernacle with us, and He has, but what of it's implications for the Millenium?

O

OntheDL

Hi,

There had been a previous discussion on this topic.
http://www.christianforums.com/t2462017-ot-feasts.html

When Christ died on the cross, all the ultimate sacrifice was made. This act ended all the ceremonies.

The 70 week prophecy clearly shows this:

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, ...

The ceremonial laws and leviticus priesthood were abolished at the cross.

One of the key doctrines of Adventism teaches Christ's earthly ministry was completed. On the day of Pentecost, Christ became our heavenly high priest and began His heavenly ministry.

The Feast of Tabernacles (begins on 15th day of Tishri) commemorated the wilderness exprience of children of Israel and typifies the final harvest of earth (2nd coming). This has not been fulfilled. We are encouraged to gather for the season of rejoice. But we are not commanded to do so: the ceremonial laws are no longer binding). The most important part of all ceremonies: the sacrificial offering has been fulfilled.

Hope this addresses your question...

Upvote 0

jabechler

Mar 16, 2006
✟324.00
Faith
SDA
Tavita said:
I've been doing some reading in this forum and agree with you concerning Jesus abolishing the ceremonial laws on the cross. My question concerns the Feasts. Why are they believed to be part of the ceremonial laws?

I thought all had to be fulfilled to be abolished, and I thought that the Feast of Tabernacles hadn't been fully fulfilled yet. I realize that it means God comes to Tabernacle with us, and He has, but what of it's implications for the Millenium?
Her is a great site descibing the sanctuary and the festivals including there roles of fulfillment in Christ.

http://www.temcat.com/Remnant-Prophecy/sanctuary_services.htm

Hope this helps?

Upvote 0

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
Yes, it does help. And thanks to everyone for helping me to find my way through these things. I've also been reading through this link that OntheDL gave.

I'm also very glad to hear that SDA's are not AGAINST celebrating the Feast of Tabernacles, or any other feast either. I also see them as something that's not commanded now but just doing them is a great tool to help study what it is that Jesus has accomplished for us and to learn what is to come.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi,

There had been a previous discussion on this topic.

When Christ died on the cross, all the ultimate sacrifice was made. This act ended all the ceremonies.

The 70 week prophecy clearly shows this:

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, ...

The ceremonial laws and leviticus priesthood were abolished at the cross.

One of the key doctrines of Adventism teaches Christ's earthly ministry was completed. On the day of Pentecost, Christ became our heavenly high priest and began His heavenly ministry.

The Feast of Tabernacles (begins on 15th day of Tishri) commemorated the wilderness exprience of children of Israel and typifies the final harvest of earth (2nd coming). This has not been fulfilled. We are encouraged to gather for the season of rejoice. But we are not commanded to do so: the ceremonial laws are no longer binding). The most important part of all ceremonies: the sacrificial offering has been fulfilled.

Hope this addresses your question...

So thats were the name Tishri comes from...:)

Upvote 0