North America
✟166,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
(MY NOTE: The enmity is two fold [required punishments/judgments/levied] & the recognized status/standing separating Jew & Gentile)

Christ's sin atoning payment; abolished/removed [for the believer] the legal penalties contained/levied "in the letter/law" & its ordinances. Christ became sin & died fulfilling the laws required wade/price. By paying sin required price, He removed every believers sins. And became the conduit for both Jew & Gentile to access the Father.

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and """took it out of the way"""", nailing it to his cross;

The handwriting of ordinances = Is the law: "Do this and thou shalt live", "the soul that sinneth, shall die". Sin & its judgment is the failure to do our part that "stands against us". A penalty & payment is required for the failure.

The verse states Christ's payment made on the cross: Blotted out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us [blotted out, took away the legal penalties/judgments contained/required/levied for sin & nailed to His cross! < Past Tense/DONE DEAL] By paying sins required price & blotting out the handwriting of ordinances. The believers burden to pay sin debt owed has been lifted/removed/PAID in full. Now on the merit of Jesus one time sin payment. Every believer receives a full sin pardon. He took all their judgment when He bought & paid for every sin they owed, death included.

Additional text:
1 Cor 15:
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
(MY NOTE: Once Christ removes your sin. No law transgressions remain. Thank you Lord Jesus. Amen)

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
(MY NOTE: The enmity is two fold [required punishments/judgments/levied] & the recognized status/standing separating Jew & Gentile)

Christ's sin atoning payment; abolished/removed [for the believer] the legal penalties contained/levied "in the letter/law" & its ordinances. Christ became sin & died fulfilling the laws required wade/price. By paying sin required price, He removed every believers sins. And became the conduit for both Jew & Gentile to access the Father.

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and """took it out of the way"""", nailing it to his cross;

The handwriting of ordinances = Is the law: "Do this and thou shalt live", "the soul that sinneth, shall die". Sin & its judgment is the failure to do our part that "stands against us". A penalty & payment is required for the failure.

The verse states Christ's payment made on the cross: Blotted out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us [blotted out, took away the legal penalties/judgments contained/required/levied for sin & nailed to His cross! < Past Tense/DONE DEAL] By paying sins required price & blotting out the handwriting of ordinances. The believers burden to pay sin debt owed has been lifted/removed/PAID in full. Now on the merit of Jesus one time sin payment. Every believer receives a full sin pardon. He took all their judgment when He bought & paid for every sin they owed, death included.

Additional text:
1 Cor 15:

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
(MY NOTE: Once Christ removes your sin. No law transgressions remain. Thank you Lord Jesus. Amen)
Doing away with our penalty for breaking God's law is not the same as doing away with God's law itself. For example, if someone committed murder and Jesus died on the cross in their place to pay the penalty for their sin, then that would not be doing away with the command against murder, and it would still be a sin for that person to commit murder again. So someone who has been set free from the penalty of their sin should go and sin no more by living in obedience to God's law.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Doing away with our penalty for breaking God's law is not the same as doing away with God's law itself.
However, God's law in the New Covenant is summed up in one rule: love of God and neighbor as self (Ro 13:8-10).
To fulfill this one rule is the fulfillment of them all.
For example, if someone committed murder and Jesus died on the cross in their place to pay the penalty for their sin, then that would not be doing away with the command against murder, and it would still be a sin for that person to commit murder again. So someone who has been set free from the penalty of their sin should go and sin no more by living in obedience to God's law.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
However, God's law in the New Covenant is summed up in one rule: love of God and neighbor as self (Ro 13:8-10).
To fulfill this one rule is the fulfillment of them all.
A sum is composed of all of its parts, so summing up the law does not do away with any of its parts.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Irrelevant strawman. . .
Will you state for the record that you agree that summing up the law does not do away with any of its parts? Otherwise it is not an irrelevant strawman.

Fulfilling the one fulfills all the parts.

Love fulfills the law because it is inclusive of all of its parts and if there were any parts of which the command to love was not inclusive, then love would not fulfill those parts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Will you state for the record that you agree that summing up the law does not do away with any of its parts?
The concept of "parts" is yours, not mine.

The NT concept is "one rule," Ro 13:9, "The commandments. . .are summed up in one rule."

To fulfill the one rule is fulfillment of them all. . .and that without even knowing what "the parts" are.
Otherwise it is not an irrelevant strawman.
Love fulfills the law because it is inclusive of all of its parts and if there were any parts of which the command to love was not inclusive, then love would not fulfill those parts.
Making complicated what authoritative NT apostolic teaching has made simple.

Why is it so hard for you to embrace NT apostolic teaching?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

The NT concept is "one rule," Ro 13:9, "The commandments. . .are summed up in one rule."

To fulfill the one rule is fulfillment of them all. . .and that without even knowing what "the parts" are.
Whatever you want to call it, will you agree that sum is composed of everything that it sums up, so summing up all of God's commandments with one rule does not do away with any of the commandments of which it is composed?

Saying that loving our neighbor fulfills all of God's commandments is not saying that fulfilling the command to love our neighbor is fulfilling all of the commandments. For instance, honoring someone's marriage covenant and helping the poor are both example of what it means to love our neighbor, however, loving our neighbor by honoring their marriage covenant does not fulfill or do away with our need to obey the command to help the poor.

The Apostles pointing out that that everything in Mosaic Law is an example of how to love God and our neighbor can simplify our understanding of what it is essentially about how to do while you trying to use Romans 13:9 to exclude what is being summed up is butchering their teachings, so thankfully I can embrace the teachings of the Apostles while rejecting what you teach because I'm not quick to confuse the teaching of the Apostles with your teachings.

Upvote 0

YeshuaFollower

Veritas vos liberabit
Dec 6, 2022
eastern townships, Quebec
✟17,234.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

I do not agree, compare to christ words and see that you are wrong

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Additional text:
1 Cor 15:

Ok. In any case the gospel has exactly nothing to do with removing man’s obligation to be personally righteous but everything to do with accomplishing, finally, that very thing in us as it brings forth forgiveness of sin and the power of God, by the Spirit, now under grace, to overcome the sin that otherwise condemns us to death. We become “slaves to righteousness” rather than “slaves to sin”-Rom 6.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Whatever you want to call it, will you agree that sum is composed of everything that it sums up, so summing up all of God's commandments with one rule does not do away with any of the commandments of which it is composed?

Saying that loving our neighbor fulfills all of God's commandments is not saying that fulfilling the command to love our neighbor is fulfilling all of the commandments. For instance, honoring someone's marriage covenant and helping the poor are both example of what it means to love our neighbor, however, loving our neighbor by honoring their marriage covenant does not fulfill or do away with our need to obey the command to help the poor.
Why are you limiting love only to marriage fidelity and excluding helping the poor?
That is not a NT mind of Christ.
How did the two become mutually exclusive, instead of inclusive?

Where does this absurd rationale come from?

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do not agree, compare to christ words and see that you are wrong
Christ's words do not demonstrate that any NT apostolic teaching is wrong.

That is the result of misunderstanding the NT in light of the whole NT.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Why are you limiting love only to marriage fidelity and excluding helping the poor?
That is not a NT mind of Christ.
How did the two become mutually exclusive, instead of inclusive?

Where does this absurd rationale come from?

I said nothing to limit love to only to marriage or exclude helping the poor and nothing about them being mutually exclusive. Please address what I said instead of making up and burning straw men.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I said nothing to limit love to only to marriage or exclude helping the poor and nothing about them being mutually exclusive. Please address what I said instead of making up and burning straw men.
Addressed. . .

Your objections to post #7 are strawmen.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟166,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ok. In any case the gospel has exactly nothing to do with removing man’s obligation to be personally righteous but everything to do with accomplishing, finally, that very thing in us as it brings forth forgiveness of sin and the power of God, by the Spirit, now under grace, to overcome the sin that otherwise condemns us to death. We become “slaves to righteousness” rather than “slaves to sin”-Rom 6.
Hello,
The post doesn't promote ungodly living/behavior, nor does it claim believer's have no obligations.

You're entitled to your beliefs & scripture interpretations, I respect your choice's. Having said that, I'm free to believe & make mine as well.

As to your Rom 6 reference. Some versions say slave to righteousness, some say servant. Every slave is a servant, but every servant isn't a slave.

The difference is a slave has NO choice, a servant does. Ex 21 speaks to this. A slave (after his 6 yr debt was paid) could by choice (if excepted) become the landowners servant. He stood before a judge & BY CHOICE a ring was put in his ear sealing the deal.

Christ doesn't force anyone. Every believer came to Him asking for sin forgiveness. And confessed Him as Lord.

1 Cor chapter 11, a power structure/authority/order/rank is being taught. Verse 3 Paul say's; the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
(MY NOTE: Authority/order/rank God the Father, God the Son, man/husband, woman/wife.)

Sarah called Abraham Lord (1 Pet 3:6) she wasn't his slave she was his wife. Her statement showed respect & subordination to his calling. Believers are the Lords bride (not slaves) & He love's them.

And lastly everyone comes here for their own call. My call isn't to tell others how to act/live. It is to discuss scripture, share Christ & hopefully free some that still wrestle with what & who righteousness is.

Only Christ is righteous, no good work or act of obedience, can make a human righteous = put them in a right standing with the Father (that sin separated them from). We receive a right standing with the Father through FAITH if Christ's sin atoning work. The Lord is our righteousness (Jer 23:6). He ALONE did ALL the obedient work (Rom 5:19).

When we place our FAITH in His finished sin atoning death (sins required wage/PAID) burial (proof Jesus died) & resurrection (Father receipt, sins payment received & accepted). He saves/justifies, declares us righteous, places His Holy Spirit in us, guaranteeing eternal life in His presents.

All the praise, glory & honor belong to our Great God & Savior Jesus the Christ. Amen. May His grace be multiplied to you & yours. JJ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The difference is a slave has NO choice, a servant does. Ex 21 speaks to this. A slave (after his 6 yr debt was paid) could by choice (if excepted) become the landowners servant. He stood before a judge & BY CHOICE a ring was put in his ear sealing the deal.
Oh, I agree, And so, whether a slave (I've alway considered this to be voluntary slavery anyway as the option is spelled out in Rom 6) or servant to righteousness, we have the choice to be that, and to remain that.
Only Christ is righteous, no good work or act of obedience, can make a human righteous = put them in a right standing with the Father (that sin separated them from). We receive a right standing with the Father through FAITH if Christ's sin atoning work. The Lord is our righteousness (Jer 23:6). He ALONE did ALL the obedient work (Rom 5:19).
And yet God made no one to be a sinner. So He was not wrong to write His commandments on tablets of stone, and to obligate man to obey them. As Paul tells us in Rom 7, the law is righteous, holy, and good. So God does not reverse Himself and suddenly do away with the obligation for man to be righteous under the new covenant but actually gives us the power, the true righteousness, the love, to accomplish it in us, by the Spirit, to do what the law could not do (Gal 2:16). Only God can justify man, which is why we must turn to Him in faith, making Him our God again, the God whom Adam effectively rejected as his God. Christ enables us to follow Him in the righteousness that comes by virtue of reconciliation with God.
All the praise, glory & honor belong to our Great God & Savior Jesus the Christ. Amen. May His grace be multiplied to you & yours.
Amen

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟166,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Oh, I agree, And so, whether a slave (I've alway considered this to be voluntary slavery anyway as the option is spelled out in Rom 6) or servant to righteousness, we have the choice to be that, and to remain that.

And yet God made no one to be a sinner. So He was not wrong to write His commandments on tablets of stone, and to obligate man to obey them. As Paul tells us in Rom 7, the law is righteous, holy, and good. So God does not reverse Himself and suddenly do away with the obligation for man to be righteous under the new covenant but actually gives us the power, the true righteousness, the love, to accomplish it in us, by the Spirit, to do what the law could not do (Gal 2:16). Only God can justify man, which is why we must turn to Him in faith, making Him our God again, the God whom Adam effectively rejected as his God. Christ enables us to follow Him in the righteousness that comes by virtue of reconciliation with God.

Amen
No one is a sinners because they sin. They sin because they are BORN sinners.

Because of Adam's (See Rom 5:12 below) sin every human (1 exception/Jesus) even a still born that never took a breath (See Ps 51:1 below) is a sinner.

All posted verses AMP Bible find link here: Bible Gateway passage: Romans 7 - Amplified Bible

Ps 51:I was brought forth in [a state of] wickedness; In sin my mother conceived me [and from my beginning I, too, was sinful].

Scripture proclaims ALL are sinners:
Rom 3:
9 Well then, are we [Jews] better off than they? Not at all; for we have already charged that both Jews and Greeks (Gentiles) are under the control of sin and subject to its power.

10 As it is written and forever remains written, “There is none righteous [none that meets God’s standard], not even one.

Rom 3:23 since all have sinned and continually fall short of the glory of God,

Rom 5:12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, so death spread to all people [no one being able to stop it or escape its power], because they all sinned.

The purpose of the law is to Teach/expose & condemn sin without mercy to DEATH.

Rom 3:20 For no person will be justified [freed of guilt and declared righteous] in His sight by [trying to do] the works of the Law. For through the Law we become conscious of sin [and the recognition of sin directs us toward repentance, but provides no remedy for sin].

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, if it had not been for the Law, I would not have recognized sin. For I would not have known [for example] about coveting [what belongs to another, and would have had no sense of guilt] if the Law had not [repeatedly] said, “You shall not covet.
(MY NOTE: Is not for the law, we wouldn't know what sin entails

Gal 3:24 with the result that the Law has become our tutor and our disciplinarian to guide us to Christ, so that we may be [c]justified [that is, declared free of the guilt of sin and its penalty, and placed in right standing with God] by faith.
(MY NOTE: By teaching us what the law is & its sentence/consequences/DEATH. We are lead to it's needed rescue/Christ!)

Before I parse Rom 7 injected into our exchange. I read Rom 7 & the Gal 2:16 to be antithetical in support of a righteousness by works position. I

Rom 7:
The law's required invoked punishments (this agrees with the OIP verses) are only applicable while a person lives (example given husband/wife). When a believer confesses their sins & Jesus as Lord, asking Him into their heart (dying to self). He takes ALL their sins & thru the faith/trust they have placed in Him/His work/His payment/His obedience/ His righteousness. He (by faith alone) imputes His righteousness onto them (See Titus right here) & places them in a right standing with the Father & they become the righteousness of God in/thru Him (Also see 2 Cor :21).

Now as to how they behave from here/salvation. I believe that becomes the Holy Spirits job/work, not mine.

Acts 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life
(MY NOTE: God has GRANTED the gentiles repentance. Any person that believes they can conquer their sin nature (without Gods help) is mistaken 1 Jn 1:8)

Rom 1:5 "Through him we received grace" & apostleship "to call all the Gentiles to the obedience" "that comes from faith" for his name’s sake.
(MY NOTE: Gentiles are called to FAITH, which leads to obedience)

Rom 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches """of his goodness""" and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that """the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance"""?
(MY NOTE: It's thru the GOODNESS of GOD not thru OUR OWN great work of obedience or self-control, that we REPENT/change our thinking/course. It's the indwelling Holy Spirit that leads us to REPENT/change our thinking outlook/direction).

Rom 16:26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, ""so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience"" ""that comes from faith""
(MY NOTE: Brought to obedience/repentance/godly living thru Faith)

When Faith is your root. Good works & obedience will be your fruit.

• Agree
Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No one is a sinners because they sin. They sin because they are BORN sinners.

Because of Adam's (See Rom 5:12 below) sin every human (1 exception/Jesus) even a still born that never took a breath (See Ps 51:1 below) is a sinner.

Oh, I don't disagree, which is why we must be reborn. And yet...God created no one to be a sinner. Sin is an anomaly in creation, opposed to and out of sync with truth, with His will. He allowed man to be born into a state, iniated by Adam, of disunion from Him, an alienatioin which is the source and basis of our unrighteousness and which is why we must come to be reconciled with Him in order to begin to become who we were created to be.
Now as to how they behave from here/salvation. I believe that becomes the Holy Spirits job/work, not mine.
Of course it's the Holy Spirit's work, but a work that we can cooperate with, or not:
"So then, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation, but not to our flesh [our human nature, our worldliness, our sinful capacity], to live according to the [impulses of the] flesh [our nature without the Holy Spirit]— for if you are living according to the [impulses of the] flesh, you are going to die. But if [you are living] by the [power of the Holy] Spirit you are habitually putting to death the sinful deeds of the body, you will [really] live forever. For all who are allowing themselves to be led by the Spirit of God are sons of God." Rom 8:12-14-AMP version this time

As you seemed to say in post #15, we also choose whether to be servants of righteousness, or not. And without fruit Jesus tells us we can be a branch cut off, of course.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟166,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Oh, I don't disagree, which is why we must be reborn. And yet...God created no one to be a sinner. Sin is an anomaly in creation, opposed to and out of sync with truth, with His will. He allowed man to be born into a state, iniated by Adam, of disunion from Him, an alienatioin which is the source and basis of our unrighteousness and which is why we must come to be reconciled with Him in order to begin to become who we were created to be.

Of course it's the Holy Spirit's work, but a work that we can cooperate with, or not:
"So then, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation, but not to our flesh [our human nature, our worldliness, our sinful capacity], to live according to the [impulses of the] flesh [our nature without the Holy Spirit]— for if you are living according to the [impulses of the] flesh, you are going to die. But if [you are living] by the [power of the Holy] Spirit you are habitually putting to death the sinful deeds of the body, you will [really] live forever. For all who are allowing themselves to be led by the Spirit of God are sons of God." Rom 8:12-14-AMP version this time

As you seemed to say in post #15, we also choose whether to be servants of righteousness, or not. And without fruit Jesus tells us we can be a branch cut off, of course.
I said we choose to trust/believe/place our Faith in Him (specifically His death, burial & resurrection. The Lord whom is our righteousness.

Hopefully this is a clearer explanation.

KJV Dictionary Definition: justification
4. In theology, remission of sin and absolution from guilt and punishment; or an act of free grace by which God pardons the sinner and accepts him as righteous, on account of the atonement of Christ.

(MY NOTE on JKV definition: God pardons the sinner & accepts him as righteous, on account of the atonement of Christ. Granting the sinner, remission of sin & absolution from guilt & punishment; or an act of free grace. Also see Eph 2:8-9 By grace are you saved thru FAITH void of any acts of obedient self-works.)

Strong's Concordance - 1343 dikaiosýnē (from 1349 /díkē, "a judicial verdict") – properly, judicial approval (the verdict of approval); in the NT, the approval of God ("divine approval")

Usage: (usually if not always in a Jewish atmosphere), justice, justness, righteousness, righteousness of which God is the source or author, but practically: a divine righteousness.

(MY NOTE on Strong's definition : Christ is the source & author of justification/righteousness. And thru FAITH in His obedient righteous sin atoning work. He (the justifier) judicially (thru FAITH) declares the believer righteousness. Again, void of any self-works)

Also see Rom 3:
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
(MY NOTE: Justified FREELY)

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
(MY NOTE: Justified FREELY by FAITH in His sacrificial work & declared righteous)

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
(MY NOTE Jesus is the justifier that declares the believer righteous thru FAITH, Void of any personal works).

1 Tim 1:9 God saved us, & called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, according to his own purpose & grace, which was given us "in Christ" before the world began
(MY NOTE: God Saved us, NOT according to our own great works, but, according to His own purpose & grace "which was GIVEN us in Christ")

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
(MY NOTE: Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saves us)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BiblePeng

Feb 28, 2023
Chandler
✟7,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Murder is still wrong. Though, if you're truly fulfilling the two greatest commandments, then you won't be murdering people.

I agree that righteousness still looks to be important, and we are called not to continue in sin or practice it. This goes in line with the debate of whether it's OSAS (once saved always saved), or not. I don't think it's OSAS, but that you can 'lose' your salvation. Or perhaps, that salvation is like the prize at the end of the race, so to speak. Jesus forgave the prostitute, but also said "go and sin no more". James mentions faith without works is dead. We are called to endure, and not shrink back.

(Hebrews 10:26__NASB) For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
(27) but a terrifying expectation of judgment and the fury of a fire which will consume the adversaries.
(28) Anyone who has ignored the Law of Moses is put to death without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
(29) How much more severe punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled underfoot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace?
(30) For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge His people.”
(31) It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
(1 John 3:4__NASB) Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness.
(5) You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin.
(6) No one who remains in Him sins continually; no one who sins continually has seen Him or knows Him.
(7) Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous;
(8) the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.
(9) No one who has been born of God practices sin, because His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin continually, because he has been born of God.
(10) By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother and sister.

(Matthew 7:17__NASB) So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit.
(18) A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.
(19) Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
(20) So then, you will know them by their fruits.
(21) “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
(22) Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’
(23) And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; leave Me, you who practice lawlessness.’ The Two Foundations
(24) “Therefore, everyone who hears these words of Mine, and acts on them, will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
(25) And the rain fell and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock.
(26) And everyone who hears these words of Mine, and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.
(27) And the rain fell and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and its collapse was great.”

(Luke 6:46__NASB) “Now why do you call Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?

God says a couple times, parable and in the Lord's prayer, that if you don't forgive others, you won't be forgiven, which is like the whole premise of salvation.

Upvote 0