Question for the Ladies, Men Can Answer as well if they want to

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Men having long hair was part of the Nazarane vow.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Without a differing appearence gender would be a vulgar concept. So gender functions as appearence and anatomy in one. As a functional concept gender is about anatomy and hormones not just appearence.

Men having bangs does look wierd. I had long hair very often from since i was a toddler to at times it looked like i had it 19 and it occasionally got a little long but around the time i turned 18 i barely had it anymore and it was commented that it looked more like a young boy to have long hair.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Sam Alberry mentioned that transgenderism has to do with our bodies being affected by sin. While that doctor I mentioned earlier was right when he said gender as a concept is about self perception not about appearence not about anatomy, but it does as a functional concept have to do with those physicalities and perhaps is caused by them. Peoples anatomies and appearence and gender identity generally lining up supports what I said about anatomy and appearence lining up. Thats why people perceive themselves as boys or girls, men and women, or the more clinical male and female, and perceive others in those ways.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Men having long hair was part of the Nazarane vow.

Alright.. seeing as I was a Christian till I was 18 I should probably be ashamed of myself, lol.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Men and women do look different, I just want something of more substance. Not whether or not men or women choose to grow their hair out longer.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Look up tony and vito jr have a talk, from the sopranos, on Youtube. I cant post it here. it relates to what I said about gender being also about appearence.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Men and women do look different, I just want something of more substance. Not whether or not men or women choose to grow their hair out longer.

Men and women wearing shorts and pants and having the same hair color and length and amount of facial hair will have a different face appearence that animals dont have from amongst other animals.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Men and women wearing shorts and pants and having the same hair color and length and amount of facial hair will have a different face appearence that animals dont have from amongst other animals.

Different face appearance in what way? You can make an argument that certain fashion is designed to highlight the male or female form.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

This supports what I said about anatomy and appearence match as part of order and purpose/design and purpose.

What does the Bible say about androgyny? | GotQuestions.org

Undue attention to gender in this case doesnt mean undue attention to who one is as a person or self perception. angels are called men because despite not having reproductive functions they have other masculine characteristics. Thats an example of the non biological concept of gender. Or wisdom being called a she in Proverbs. I dont think they mean (or at least not just that) drawing undue attention to that side of gender, similar to how when people say, "i saw this person here" thats gossip and it draws undue attention to peoples personal business and is annoying. Do you think gotquestions.org means drawing undue attention to gender in that sense, or just in that sense?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Different face appearance in what way? You can make an argument that certain fashion is designed to highlight the male or female form.

This is another gotquestions.org quote.

So you think peoples masculinity or femininity is just about sperm and eggs? Why wold that be the most basic part of a person or define their masculinity or feminity when angels and satan have masculine titles and wisdom is feminine?

People are gendered with also their names. What do certain sounds have to do with having sperm or eggs? Men and women wearing unisex clothing look like men and women because they have a different face appearence, not just different names. Transgender people and cisgender men and women have distinct looking faces.

Why would fashion highlight the male and female form is males and females dont have distinct looking faces?

So gender identity and words like he and she or man/woman/boy/girl/male/female exist just to simplify things? Everything God does has an order and a purpose or a design and a purpose.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Family Guy mentions that the same behaviors have different causes depending on the gender.

Do you think that that fashion draws undue attention to gender? I think T shirts and pants are often non gendered. Clothing is womens pants because it has a feminine shape but nail polish doesnt have a feminine or nurturing function or shape.

Gender is more than anatomy in the same way sexuality is more than reproduction. Infertile people have no sperm or eggs. Gender is about perception of oneself, or to quote Bruce Jenner, who you are as a person, and your soul, but without gender being about a combination of appearance and anatomy it just becomes a vulgar concept. I could be wrong because I remember a situation where someone mentioned something about male and female eagles. The facial differences in genders is the non biological concept and side of gender. What I said about the non biological aspect of gender and the biological aspect of gender is akin to things like someone said, "if gay people could have children would that make it okay". They are talking about the non biological side of gender, because its a self contradiction to say that two sperms and two eggs could conceive together.

To quote an article about animals and gender, gender is a complex abstract concept, and multifaceted, but the quick and easy function of it is appearance and anatomy. Women have anatomy designed to nurture young, men dont. Breasts are a gender feature because they have a reproductive function. But there is more to gender than that.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Men being more visual and male promiscuity being more about objectification than female promiscuity, which isnt called manizing, as well as male and female homosexuality having different causes, and nail polish looking weird on males and leaving an impression on people, supports what I said about different face appearance.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Your post about neotonous men agrees with what I said about different face appearance.

Still not sure what you are talking about.

So you think peoples masculinity or femininity is just about sperm and eggs? Why wold that be the most basic part of a person or define their masculinity or feminity when angels and satan have masculine titles and wisdom is feminine?

I wonder if you are talking this sperm and eggs too literally. I was simply stating the biological fact that sperm is cheaper than eggs has a profound impact on gender differences inside and out.

Not sure how fruitful a discussion on angels and demons would be. First I'm an atheist, and I have more of a biological perspective. Fine if you believe in such things, but I cannot see how science can address supernatural things.

Some things are just cultural constructs. You could make a far fetched argument that sounds of words have feminine and masculine tones to them. In my mind femininity is often associated more with roundish things, and the masculine angular. Certain words invoke either. With b sounding words often invoking a "roundish" feeling and k "words invoking" a angular feeling. Then again.. names like "Bill" for men and "Karen" for women are common. Most likely it's all pretty much just cultural.

Why would fashion highlight the male and female form is males and females dont have distinct looking faces?

I never really argue that women do not have distinct faces. Although if you want to be honest, if everyone was gender neutral some men and women would be hard to distinguish. I know east Asian men and women have less sexual dimorphism compared to other races.

So gender identity and words like he and she or man/woman/boy/girl/male/female exist just to simplify things? Everything God does has an order and a purpose or a design and a purpose.

I am not sure it has to do with simplifying things. Might just have to do with people feeling good and emotionally maximizing the feminine and masculine. Despite what our current culture often teaches men and women do enjoy feeling masculine and feminine. While the color pink for women is a cultural construct, it still adds value. A woman feeling more feminine wearing pink is still having a real reaction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,478,024.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes, Paul's injunction was cultural even then. He was writing to a Graeco-Roman audience for which short hair for men was the norm. But that was not the norm even back in Palestine...and he knew that.

But as you said, there was a need to separate male from female which was rooted in biology, but the greater intellectual capacity of humans enabled development of cultural gender as well, even though that was manifest in different ways by different cultures. But it cultural gender was always manifest. There has been no human culture in which gender differences were not manifest in some way by the culture.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

How do sperm and eggs have an impact on gender in and out? So what would a sexless or genderless person be like or look like?

What do sperm and eggs have to do with

"In my mind femininity is often associated more with roundish things, and the masculine angular. Certain words invoke either. With b sounding words often invoking a "roundish" feeling and k "words invoking" a angular feeling."

This supports what i said. "I never really argue that women do not have distinct faces. "

You said. "I know east Asian men and women have less sexual dimorphism compared to other races." But there is still a distinct difference. Gender functionally is about appearance and anatomy lining up, not to sound too wierd.

"Might just have to do with people feeling good and emotionally maximizing the feminine and masculine. Despite what our current culture often teaches men and women do enjoy feeling masculine and feminine. While the color pink for women is a cultural construct, it still adds value. A woman feeling more feminine wearing pink is still having a real reaction." To what extent do you think sperm and eggs has to do with it, or what I said about appearence and anatomy lining up (regarding gender as a functional concept) and genders having distinct facial and other clear physical differences.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

So you think gender pronouns only exist because of biology? So biology is why words like men and women or boys and girls or males and females exist? Do you think animals and spirits recoginize gender in people?
Sohttps://www.shoutingfromtherooftop.com/god-is-masculine-not-feminine.html

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

So why does sperm have the pronoun boys and eggs the pronoun girls?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Do you think there are cultures where males have more clothing diversity than females? I think to a certain degree men had more diverse clothing in the past but regarding what the other user said about things like Egyptian rulers wearing makeup, it was to a degree considered feminine. Nail polish is inherently feminine.

Regarding what this article says about gender being a persons most basic aspect and androgynous behavior drawing undue attention to it, to what extent is the desire to know gender rooted in biology?

What does the Bible say about androgyny? | GotQuestions.org
What does the Bible say about androgyny?"

Upvote 0