Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
South Yorkshire, England
✟21,383.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
The vision in this case...meant that the APostles 'saw' the men in Heaven speaking to Christ. [The few who were taken up]
Aand if it was just a vision...[as you are trying to suggest] that was an illusion...then why did Peter desire to set up three tents??

Evidently Peter saw them quite clearly and didnt feel they were a viision, hence his idea to provide them shelter.
I don't believe that...

I believe it was a vision of the future resurrection.

Visions are generally about future events.

Upvote 0

ThomasAbel70

Thoroughbred Christian
May 3, 2008
New York
Visit site
✟15,277.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't believe that...

I believe it was a vision of the future resurrection.

Visions are generally about future events.

Fact:

Jesus spoke to two dead men.

Vision or not. What Peter saw was Jesus talking to The Dead who were glorified.

They were dead and weren't ressurected yet (that is, until Matthew 27:52 upon His sacrifice).

Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
To those of you who believe pray to saints or Mary, can you give me reasons, or Scriptural support of this? :confused:

I don't understand this practice. It seems to contradicts Christianity. :scratch:

Can anyone explain this to me?

:wave:We don't pray to Saints and Mary, we ask them for prayer. Just like we can ask our brothers and sisters on earth to pray for us, we can ask our brothers and sisters in heaven... we believe their prayers are powerful because the "prayer of a righteous man avails much", and they're united with God in heaven and so are definitely righteous.. they love us and want to pray for us, especially because they see all the more clearly the darkness we live in right now. Christians don't stop being part of the Church once they die. They also serve God by praying for us because they are showing love.

btw Saints are NOT mediators, they're intercessors. Just like you and I can be intercessors here on earth, but in a more powerful way.

Hope that helps..

God bless

Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
What do you mean? Do the saints offer your prayers to Christ? Why do you go through a Saint, when Christ said you can pray to him?

Does this petition the Saints make to Christ act in the same way regarding sins?

Do you ever ask your Christian friends to pray for you? If so, why? Why ask someone to pray for you when you can just go to Christ? :)

You see we pray to Christ lots too, but we also ask the Saints for prayer because their prayers are more powerful. God loves everyone equally and hears everyone's prayers, but as it says - the prayer of a righteous man avails much.
We don't 'go through' Saints, they are intercessors who pray with us, not instead of us.

Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I believe that the saints and the angels already pray for us, but that communication with the dead is considered divination.

Wanting messages from them (especially about the future) can be divination.. we don't ask the Saints to speak to us, but to pray for us. We don't expect them to have a conversation with us.

Not only that, but they are not dead, they are alive with God in heaven.

Divination/Witchcraft- communication with the dead or supernatural other than God, or praying or using any supernatural or physical power besides God alone to get what you need or want, whether or not it is malicious or intentional

thankfully, we ask the Saints for prayer by the power of the Holy Spirit, not by any power besides God :) it is the Holy Spirit who unites us all, and it is He who makes all this possible.

Upvote 0
Peter said Jesus did it. So it's ok for us to do it.

Or maybe that is to easy of a explination.

1 Peter 3:18-20
1Pe 3:18 For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;
1Pe 3:19 in which also He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison,
1Pe 3:20 who once were disobedient, when the patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah, during the construction of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through the water.
1Pe 3:21 Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you--not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience--through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
1Pe 3:22 who is at the right hand of God, having gone into heaven, after angels and authorities and powers had been subjected to Him.

so in order to pray to the saints you have to die? For these spirits were in prison and rose from the dead as Christ rose them. Being seen from many.

Upvote 0

Tdigaetano

Jan 12, 2008
✟7,898.00
Faith
Catholic
1Pe 3:18 For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;

Romans 8:13
for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

It is the mystery of Baptism that we die to the Flesh and made alive in Spirit, allowing us to communicate with others in the Body of Christ for all are alive either on Earth or in Heaven.

But I guess some think Baptism is just a Symbol and has nothing to do with salvation....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.