Question for all religions.....

ravenwolf

Free Spirit
Jun 20, 2004
✟891.00
Faith
Pagan
There is alot of diversity here as far as different beliefs. The only ones i understand is Christianity, Paganism(duh), and a little bit of understanding of Islam and Buddhism now. I was wondering, could any one who is of a faith not listed explain their beliefs please(or if you want if you are listed you can still post)??? This is not going to be a debate and no bashing. I simply just want this to be a place where people can share their beliefs..not argue about them. Thankyou.
Blessings
~ravenwolf

challenger

Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Jun 5, 2004
Visit site
✟16,389.00
Faith
Other Religion
Me, I'm a Universist (note, not universalist, totally different thing). Universism is a freethought religious philosophy with five basic principles:
The 5 principles of universism
I. The most important thing is the search for meaning and purpose, as in relationships and love, understanding and knowledge, experiences and emotions, or elsewhere.

II. There is no absolute Truth that applies to all people; ultimate knowledge of the nature of existence cannot be communicated, it can only be reasoned or experienced personally. The natural state of most individuals is uncertainty, motivating curiosity, openmindedness and appreciation for the experiences and thought of other beings.

III. Morality is relative to individual circumstances and relationships. Any action's ultimate rightness or wrongness can only be determined by those involved in the action. Good and Evil are ideas that can be useful, but are inaccurate if used to describe the nature of the universe.

IV. Social structures such as governments and institutions are useful insofar as they help individuals to flourish - that is, become and remain healthy, happy and able to work toward their goals that do not interfere with the rights of other individuals to work toward their goals.

V. All life is free in the universe, limited in potential only by the physical laws of nature.
Please note that absolute truth really refers to absolute moral/metaphysical Truth.

One of the essential precepts of Universism is that everybody has to figure things out on their own.

More info can be found at www.universist.org

Upvote 0

ravenwolf

Free Spirit
Jun 20, 2004
✟891.00
Faith
Pagan
thanx....i see many commonalities...actually i agreed with everything you stated. This is exactly why i like these kind of threads because you can see the commonalities and open your mind to others beliefs....i like to learn what other people believe...its a good way to get out of my own mind and thoughts.
Blessings
~ravenwolf

Upvote 0

Hix

Zionist Jew
Dec 29, 2003
✟17,284.00
Faith
Judaism
Politics
UK-Conservative
Well my faith Judaism, contrary to popular belief is not in any way similar to christianity. Basically our faith is based on works, how you live your life and how good deeds and following G-ds law can improve the world we live in today in the here and now. We believe the Torah was G-ds instruction as to how we are to live our lives to improve this world, it is just righteous and perfect and can never be replaced.

Also see the Rambam's thirteen principles of faith:
1) I believe with perfect faith that G-d is the Creator and Ruler of all things. He alone has made, does make, and will make all things.

2) I believe with perfect faith that G-d is One. There is no unity that is in any way like His. He alone is our G-d He was, He is, and He will be.

3) I believe with perfect faith that G-d does not have a body. physical concepts do not apply to Him. There is nothing whatsoever that resembles Him at all.

4) I believe with perfect faith that G-d is first and last.

5) I believe with perfect faith that it is only proper to pray to G-d. One may not pray to anyone or anything else.

6) I believe with prefect faith that all the words of the prophets are true.

7.) I believe with perfect faith that the prophecy of Moses is absolutely true. He was the chief of all prophets, both before and after Him.

8) I believe with perfect faith that the entire Torah that we now have is that which was given to Moses.

9) I believe with perfect faith that this Torah will not be changed, and that there will never be another given by G-d.

10) I believe with perfect faith that G-d knows all of man's deeds and thoughts. It is thus written (Psalm 33:15), "He has molded every heart together, He understands what each one does."

11) I believe with perfect faith that G-d rewards those who keep His commandments, and punishes those who transgress Him.

12) I believe with perfect faith in the coming of the Messiah. How long it takes, I will await His coming every day.

13) I believe with perfect faith that the dead will be brought back to life when G-d wills it to happen.

Check out JewFAQ for more info ;)

Shalom and G-d bless
~Hix~

Upvote 0

Arthra

Baha'i
Feb 20, 2004
California
Visit site
✟79,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Raven:

I was wondering, could any one who is of a faith not listed explain their beliefs please(or if you want if you are listed you can still post)???

Reply:

It's probably not that easy to explain to you in a short space much about the Baha'i Faith except to say it is based on the Revelation of Baha'u'llah which we believe is the latest Revelation in a succession of Revelations from the earliest times and proceeding to Abraham, Moses, Zoroaster, Buddha, Christ, Muhammad, the Bab and Baha'u'llah and will continue in the future. Baha'is accept the divine origin of the major religions and accept their Founders.... We believe in the oneness of God; the oneness of mankind which also means we accept the equality of men and women, that religious, racial prejudice should be abolished... We believe that a world government based on justice and representative government will be established to insure peace on earth. There is more but I will stop for now...

- Art

Upvote 0

Isis-Astoroth

Jan 4, 2004
England
✟16,245.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I would explain my faith in greater detail but have done so before.
I am a traditional Satanist and although there are a diverse range of beliefs for Satanists of my kind, most of us share the same few belief points:
1. Satan exists as the main deity;
2. He is not the devil of the bible;
3. Everyone should have the freedom of knowledge,
4. and the freedom to use it how they wish.
(5. Most traditional Satanists do not believe in the Christian god.)

(For those here who like pretending my religion is different enough from theirs so that they are allowed to go on about it all being evil, forget it, i'm not debating it all again.)

There you go.

Upvote 0

ravenwolf

Free Spirit
Jun 20, 2004
✟891.00
Faith
Pagan
thanx.....from my understanding i thought satanists view of deity (satan) was that of the original pagan god of fertility ....like the very essence of human nature.....is this what you see satan(deity) as or something different...keep in mind though i do not want anyone debating or bashing...this is simply just to share beliefs...thanx again
Blessings
~ravenwolf

Upvote 0

Proud Hindu

Veteran
Feb 10, 2004
✟1,394.00
Faith
Hindu
Nice thread :) I'm a follower of the Sanatana Dharma (a 'Hindu').

Basically I believe there is a Supreme Consciousness, which pervades all of the universe. Because of Maya, illusion, we percieve all these different forms and think they are real, which leads to sorrow. When one loses their sense of ego, they achieve Moksha, liberation.

We die and reincarnate infinitely, until we achieve liberation. Every action has an equal reaction, known as Karma.

Most importantly, every religion leads to the same Truth. 'Sanatana Dharma' translates to something like 'eternal way of life' denoting a way of life, rather than a religion. We call all earnest and humble seekers of the Truth Hindus, regardless of persuasion.

Upvote 0

ravenwolf

Free Spirit
Jun 20, 2004
✟891.00
Faith
Pagan
thanks proud hindu....i also share some of your beliefs....like karma, and the egos, and maya....liberating oneself from the egos(i don't know if Hindus believe in multiple egos or not) but the idea of egos i share with that of gnostism but i'm sure they are the same idea. learning to see beyong "the viel" (or maya) which i percieve as negative emotions, material and such things that inhibit our spiritual senses...but i also see this world as a lesson....im kinda curiose as the in depth view of what you call maya..is it at all the same as the way i describe it or different...and what do you see ego as (i see it as negative emotions and thought forms like anger, pride, greed, lust, etc.) thanks again...i love all the responses im getting...
Blessings
~ravenwolf

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

challenger

Jun 5, 2004
Visit site
✟16,389.00
Faith
Other Religion
Proud Hindu said:

Basically I believe there is a Supreme Consciousness, which pervades all of the universe. Because of Maya, illusion, we percieve all these different forms and think they are real, which leads to sorrow. When one loses their sense of ego, they achieve Moksha, liberation.

We die and reincarnate infinitely, until we achieve liberation. Every action has an equal reaction, known as Karma.

Most importantly, every religion leads to the same Truth. 'Sanatana Dharma' translates to something like 'eternal way of life' denoting a way of life, rather than a religion. We call all earnest and humble seekers of the Truth Hindus, regardless of persuasion.
That's really interesting, am I right in saying that Hindus (if you don't mind the term) believe that the Supreme Consciousness is divided into devas, is this part of the Maya too or is the Supreme Consciousness genuinely divided? Just wondering.

Upvote 0

Proud Hindu

Veteran
Feb 10, 2004
✟1,394.00
Faith
Hindu
That's really interesting, am I right in saying that Hindus (if you don't mind the term) believe that the Supreme Consciousness is divided into devas, is this part of the Maya too or is the Supreme Consciousness genuinely divided? Just wondering.

Hi :wave: Hindus believe in just one all-pervading consciousness. Since this Consciousness is in everything, it is in the Devas, Asuras (gods, demons) as well as men, animals, and all of nature. But we believe there is only one single force pervading all of creation.

Upvote 0

challenger

Jun 5, 2004
Visit site
✟16,389.00
Faith
Other Religion
Proud Hindu said:
Hi :wave: Hindus believe in just one all-pervading consciousness. Since this Consciousness is in everything, it is in the Devas, Asuras (gods, demons) as well as men, animals, and all of nature. But we believe there is only one single force pervading all of creation.
:wave: I see, thanks for clearing that up :)

Upvote 0

Heathen Dawn

Gesta Dei per Francos
Aug 13, 2003
Israel
Visit site
✟1,922.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Proud Hindu said:

I’m a Wiccan (eclectic) whose theology is heavily influenced by Hinduism. What you said, I believe in. My favorite mantra is the Gayatri Mantra.

Upvote 0

Isis-Astoroth

Jan 4, 2004
England
✟16,245.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
ravenwolf said:
thanx.....from my understanding i thought satanists view of deity (satan) was that of the original pagan god of fertility ....like the very essence of human nature.....is this what you see satan(deity) as or something different...keep in mind though i do not want anyone debating or bashing...this is simply just to share beliefs...thanx again
Blessings
~ravenwolf

As I said, in Satanism there is a wide range of beliefs, some believe that Satan was originally the pagan god pan, but some believe Satan has appeared in very much earlier religions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Existential1

Jan 2, 2004
Caputh, Perthshire
✟2,128.00
Faith
My understanding is, that what obtains for you is contingent on how you comport.
Being is, somewhat individually, and absolutely collectively, somewhat free form.
Faith is the discipline of seeking mastery over this inescpable nexus of becoming.
Faith is the living integration that gives any given being.
A skill in faith is reflexive, reverse engineering being, to recover its ground and path of becoming.
Freedom is staying in the point of epigenesis in being.

Christianity gives me the living word tools I require, to manage all this: but detached from any collectivised orthodxoy; and running in valencies that parallel other portrayal of truths, no matter where these arise.

Jesus, recovering being as a son of God, and stabilising all this in a psychological economy of neighbourly loving: is unlikely ever to be found wanting for truth; so does for me.

Any and every understanding, conclusion or value: erodes to nought, if senses and faculties remain active; such just provides nodes in some network of living understanding, not absolutes.

In current times, anarchism (not allowing the actively sentient to be curtailed) is always required.

So, I suppose, I'm someone who has been lucky enough to be given a lot by Christianity, and other understandings.
But Christianity is my day to day runabaout: and I run it into the ground; to break its cloying legacy of accompanying delusions.

Upvote 0

coyoteBR

greetings
Jan 18, 2004
✟2,288.00
Faith
Well, since Christian spiritism differs some of orthodox Christian Beliefes, I think I'll put it here.
CS teaches that:
- God Is the Supreme Intelligence and primary cause of all things. God Is eternal, immutable, unique, omnipotent, sovereignty just and good.

- All the Laws of Nature are divine laws because God Is Their author. These Laws cover both the laws of physics and the moral laws.

- Reincarnation is one of those Laws of Nature

- Beyond the physical world, which is the habitation of incarnate Spirits (Mankind), there exists the spiritual world which is the habitation of discarnate Spirits.

- Man is an incarnate Spirit in a material body. Spirits are the intelligent Beings of creation. They constitute the World of the Spirits, which pre-exists and survives everything.

- Jesus is the guide and model for all Humanity. The Doctrine which He taught and exemplified is the most pure expression of God's Laws.

- Without charity there is no salvation.

- Spiritism respects all religions, valorizes all efforts towards the practice of goodness and recognizes that "a true person of goodness is one who fulfils the laws of justice, love and charity in their greatest form of purity."

Upvote 0

CZzyzx41

Jun 26, 2004
right here
✟957.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Articles of Faith for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints:

1. We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
  2. We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's transgression.
  3. We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.
  4. We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
  5. We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.
  6. We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.
  7. We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.
  8. We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.
  9. We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.
  10. We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.
  11. We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.
  12. We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.
  13. We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

Upvote 0

April_May_mylittleangel

Jul 6, 2004
Qld. Gold Coast
✟15,163.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Nice thread ravenwolf. I thnk i've got the same interest in yourself/ I'm a christion i thnk and i would like to learn more about the other beliefs by the peoples point of veiw and facts. I was going to do a simular poll, but because you've beaten me to it, i would like to suggest. "keep this poll on 4 as long as yo can". I don't think thta I'm the only one learning and with the same intersts. hopefuly soon this poll would be full with soo much information about different religeons/beliefs that people wont need to ponder or be afraid of a different religeon. Keep the polls true, peoples.

Upvote 0

ravenwolf

Free Spirit
Jun 20, 2004
✟891.00
Faith
Pagan
I like how I'm getting alot of diversity here. Good stuff....
As I said, in Satanism there is a wide range of beliefs, some believe that Satan was originally the pagan god pan, but some believe Satan has appeared in very much earlier religions.
Thanks for the reply,
i know you said if your first post you dont want to go into detail cuz u haver before, but there is still alot i really don't know or understand about satanism... i mean i've read about it but its much different to actually hear from someone who actually practices. If not thats cool....i appreciate the info you did give.
Blessings
~ravenwolf

Upvote 0