Jun 27, 2015
✟38,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am dissatisfied with iPhone and considering purchasing the Samsung Galaxy. The Samsung Galaxy S-23 Ultra is $1000 at Best Buy. I am wondering if I could get the price down, maybe by buying a refurbished phone. However one of my friends bought a refurbished Galaxy and has had a lot of trouble with charging and chargers overheating.

I think I may want to get the Ultra instead of the regular S series phones because I stream a lot of music and would stream YouTube maybe a bunch. My interest in Android is because software can be installed that takes screenshots of the phone and sends it to friends for accountability and this works better on Android than on iPhone. I am also wanting to install Mobile Device Management software to prevent bypassing the software and this software works best with Samsung phones because Samsung devices have Samsung Knox security.

I am also not wanting to switch to a different cell phone company to take advantage of any free or discounted phone offers with purchase of a contract.

Last edited:

Belonging to Abba

Jesus loves you!!!
Jun 27, 2015
✟38,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have a Samsung S22 Ultra and it's a great phone. You don't need software to take screenshots, it comes with that ability as soon as you get it.
What I meant by screenshots is software at www.truple.io that takes screenshots without you knowing when and shares them with accountability partners. This prevents viewing inappropriate content.

I am leaning to the S24 Plus which can give 2 days of battery life, but I'm wondering if I could just get the standard size S24 which provides one day of use. Since I am kind of addicted to too much time on a phone and would anticipate streaming videos on YouTube a lot, maybe I could get the smallest size and if the battery runs out do something more productive like playing the guitar or reading the Bible.

I am also leaning slightly to the Google Pixel to save money, but it does not have as efficient of a battery.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am dissatisfied with iPhone and considering purchasing the Samsung Galaxy. The Samsung Galaxy S-23 Ultra is $1000 at Best Buy. I am wondering if I could get the price down, maybe by buying a refurbished phone. However one of my friends bought a refurbished Galaxy and has had a lot of trouble with charging and chargers overheating.

I think I may want to get the Ultra instead of the regular S series phones because I stream a lot of music and would stream YouTube maybe a bunch. My interest in Android is because software can be installed that takes screenshots of the phone and sends it to friends for accountability and this works better on Android than on iPhone. I am also wanting to install Mobile Device Management software to prevent bypassing the software and this software works best with Samsung phones because Samsung devices have Samsung Knox security.

I am also not wanting to switch to a different cell phone company to take advantage of any free or discounted phone offers with purchase of a contract.
If you want a cheaper Samsung, the Galaxy A55 may release in April 2024, or one can purchase the $350 A54 from 2023. Avoid Motorola or grocery store phones at all costs, as the $200 phones are slow. But, the Galaxy S22 (from 2022) could be a good buy.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,107.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I am leaning to the S24 Plus which can give 2 days of battery life, but I'm wondering if I could just get the standard size S24 which provides one day of use. Since I am kind of addicted to too much time on a phone and would anticipate streaming videos on YouTube a lot, maybe I could get the smallest size and if the battery runs out do something more productive like playing the guitar or reading the Bible.

I am also leaning slightly to the Google Pixel to save money, but it does not have as efficient of a battery.
Get yourself a portable battery pack and use that.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

If you want less battery life, I'd personally go with the Pixel 8.

Then again, I'm not sure how less battery life will help you if you're going to be at home and can charge the phone as you watch Youtube on it.

Upvote 0