Question about Islamic Belief

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Islam_mulia said:
So, markie4u2001 as usual cut-and-paste anti-Islam materials, and asks Muslims if we 'should disregard them'? If markie is honest enough to show the bad points of Islam and Muslims, then he should be honest enough to take my challenge and let Muslims answer his claims or the claims of the posts he cuts and paste.

islam_mulia

I am like Markie in the respect that you can't just dismiss someone because he or she is an apostate or says things that you do not like about what you believe. It would be equally unfair to dismiss ex-Christians just because they are apostates. They may not be completely scripturally sound, but they may pose questions that may need to be looked at critically.

Just because you can provide a reply, do not think that you have defacto disproven something either. I thought that I would throw that in.

Upvote 0

Islam_mulia

Senior Veteran
Jan 17, 2005
✟6,323.00
Faith
Muslim
That's precisely why I propose that the claims of this apostate be scrutinised and debated for the sake of truth. I mean, you quoted this guy's claims (and not support it?) and afraid of counter-arguments?

Or is this just a hit-and-run strategy to throw accusations and insults about the Prophet and Islam and hoping that you do not have to defend your position?

maybe Christians like markie can answer this.

Upvote 0

Muslim

Oct 14, 2004
✟1,547.00
Faith
Muslim
peaceful soul said:
I am like Markie in the respect that you can't just dismiss someone because he or she is an apostate or says things that you do not like about what you believe. It would be equally unfair to dismiss ex-Christians just because they are apostates. They may not be completely scripturally sound, but they may pose questions that may need to be looked at critically.

Just because you can provide a reply, do not think that you have defacto disproven something either. I thought that I would throw that in.

I'm not dismissing the person because they are an apostate. I am dismissing him because everything he's saying are either lies or twisted facts. It just happens to be that generally apostates are the ones saying those lies and twisting the facts.

Upvote 0

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Muslim said:
I'm not dismissing the person because they are an apostate. I am dismissing him because everything he's saying are either lies or twisted facts. It just happens to be that generally apostates are the ones saying those lies and twisting the facts.

Fair enough. Now look at the greater picture. When you approach Christians, think of what you say because it is important that you see where we are comming from as well. The complaints that you give here works for others as well - not just Muslims.

The only thing that I take offense to is the qualifier "all". I disagree with that. You say that you are not against him just because he is an apostate, but you deny that he may have some valid points. In fact, I know that he does. The only other question for you at this time is this: Are you out to protect your beliefs or looking for what is true? If you are looking for what is true, you have to be open to other information and be willing to admit that it is valid. This, in turn, may negate some of your prior held notions. Acceptance of new things is easier said than done, but it is a necessity for all to grow.

Upvote 0

Islam_mulia

Senior Veteran
Jan 17, 2005
✟6,323.00
Faith
Muslim
Actually, the issue is not that a Muslim cannot 'advise' a Christian, vice-versa but rather if the 'advise' or claims can be critically debated in a civil manner. So far, I have seen more understanding and peaceful dialogue in this forum than in many other Christian forums where insults were thrown even before the debate starts.

What really ****ed me off is the habit of some who cut-and-paste some hate materials, claimed he did not support it (why in the first place he pasted it?) and refrained from backing his claim.

just my thought

Upvote 0

Muslim

Oct 14, 2004
✟1,547.00
Faith
Muslim
Islam_mulia said:
Actually, the issue is not that a Muslim cannot 'advise' a Christian, vice-versa but rather if the 'advise' or claims can be critically debated in a civil manner. So far, I have seen more understanding and peaceful dialogue in this forum than in many other Christian forums where insults were thrown even before the debate starts.

What really ****ed me off is the habit of some who cut-and-paste some hate materials, claimed he did not support it (why in the first place he pasted it?) and refrained from backing his claim.

just my thought

I agree 100%. It is not necessarily what is said, but rather how it is said. I'd be willing to answer any question as long as it is asked in a respectful manner and the person is not just out to stir up trouble. I believe that was the aim of Markie in the post I was referring to. He just collected a bunch of random misleading information about Islam in general, and was not concerned about getting answers for a few questions. If I wanted to I could do the same thing and go to ww.answering-christianity.com and post random things I find there about Christianity to try to win people over. But that is not the kind of person I am. I do not like to attack other religions. I do however like to engage in religious dialogue.

Upvote 0

Ram

Mar 15, 2005
✟9,161.00
Faith
Hindu
Muslim said:
Maybe you don't believe it's the truth. But there are some people who know inside their hearts that it is the truth, but they do not follow the teachings of Islam. They realize the truth of Islam but do not act on it for worldly reasons. For instance there is a Christian priest who believes that Islam is the correct religion but doesn't want to convert because he will lose his job in the Church.

I think such a person must be a very rare exception. To beleive firmly in a religion and still reject it. What if muslims are forcibly converted into other religions, are they also kaffirs?

Upvote 0
M

markie4u2001

Islam_mulia said:
That's precisely why I propose that the claims of this apostate be scrutinised and debated for the sake of truth. I mean, you quoted this guy's claims (and not support it?) and afraid of counter-arguments?

Or is this just a hit-and-run strategy to throw accusations and insults about the Prophet and Islam and hoping that you do not have to defend your position?

maybe Christians like markie can answer this.
I'll open a thread,but mainly i was asking if we should just dismiss the clams of these former muslims.
How shhould i supporrt it?? Do you want me to go from one "anti" issllamic site too another? I went to a ***** muslim site once and they said mohamed wrote the koran so ssomebody said it was an anti islamic site.I can't spport it from the bible, he's not in there.

Upvote 0