Jul 11, 2007
Texas
Visit site
✟26,428.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know no one has been there, done that so to speak, but I was wondering: what is hell like? Is it like having deja vu, and having to repeat your actions until you get them right? Or is it like Dante's Inferno? Or is it something totally different? I've always been curious about this and wanted to ask.

Thanks,
Alex
Hell=death!

Upvote 0
B

Ben12

BEWARE OF THE SECOND DEATH?

THE SECOND DEATH -- what is it exactly? The term is found in no other area of the Bible except in the book of Revelation, and in this book of symbols it is used only four times. One would think that since it is one of the foundational doctrines of most churches, we could find it sown like a blazing ribbon throughout the tapestry of the Bible, especially in the New Testament. We would expect to see many warnings to its readers and telling them to BEWARE of the Second Death; but God strangely omits the impending danger to His unsuspecting offspring. For thousands of years He said nothing about the "Second Death." Moses didn't mention it; the apostles did not bring it into view, except the four times John placed it in script, but not as a dreadful woe; and Jesus failed to even refer to it. Some say that Paul hints at it in his letter to the Hebrews, but Paul was not one to "hint" at anything. He was probably the most straightforward and outspoken of all the apostles. Alluding to truths was not one of his attributes, but just the opposite. He boldly stated that he shunned not to declare the WHOLE COUNSEL of God (Acts 20:27). He spoke often of the consequences of sin, but never suggested there was a place wherein the sinner would go to never return, and neither did he ever say they would be annihilated completely from existence. He said that certain sinners would not "inherit" the Kingdom of God, but he did not say they would never enter "into" His Kingdom as citizens. If either thought, eternal damnation or annihilation, was a part of God's counsel and the foundation of His truth to the Church, it is odd that they never surfaced in Paul's or any of the other foundational teachings in the Bible. (A few scriptures can be misconstrued as referring to annihilation, that once a person dies he is dead forever, but such thoughts do not have the substantial foundation to stand in the presence of truth. Nevertheless, many are dancing to that hopeless tune.)

One would suppose if such a dreadful penalty of eternal torment stood with gaping jaws awaiting hapless man, God would have made it plain and clearly established it in every book of the Bible. But it is not to be found. What is found, however, is THE ANSWER to death -- JESUS CHRIST! This is the ribbon we see sown throughout -- THE PROMISE OF ETERNAL LIFE rather than THE THREAT OF ETERNAL DAMNATION. The truth is, the Second Death is a BENEFICIAL AGENT; for it is the very thing that DESTROYS man's greatest enemies -- SIN, DEATH, HELL, AND THE GRAVE. Any thing that is contrary to the Kingdom of God, and separates men from Christ, finds its end in the Lake called the Second Death.

"And DEATH and HELL were cast into THE LAKE OF FIRE. This is the second death" (Rev. 20:14). Let us mark this fact as we continue on, that THE LAKE OF FIRE does not cause the second death -- IT IS THE SECOND DEATH. In the ultimate sense, Death is simply being void of the life of Christ Jesus. Hell, by definition of "hades," the Greek word from which it is translated, speaks primarily of the unseen realm, the place, the abode, the home of the dead. And THE LAKE OF FIRE is that which both death and hell are cast into. The next verse (Rev. 20:15) tells us there is yet some additional refuse that finds itself subjected to this misunderstood lake: "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

What we see going into THE LAKE OF FIRE is everything that pertains to DEATH.Death itself goes; hell (the abode of the dead) goes; and everyone whose names are not written in the Book of Life shall find their place in the Lake of Fire. All death is cast into THE LAKE OF FIRE, W-H-I-C-H I-S THE SECOND DEATH.

THE FIRST DEATH and THE SECOND DEATH

Let us consider for a moment the FIRST MAN (Adam) and the SECOND MAN (Jesus Christ) as mentioned in I Corinthians 15:45-47. He is also called the LAST ADAM in the same passage. This SECOND MAN, THE LAST ADAM, reverses everything the first Adam did, whether directly or caused to happen indirectly. By one act of sin, ALL LIFE was cast into the FIRST ADAM, and all died -- this was the FIRST DEATH. It was the DEATH OF LIFE, if you please. On the reverse hand, by an act of righteousness, ALL DEATH is cast into Christ the LAST ADAM, the SECOND DEATH -- THIS IS THE SECOND DEATH, the DEATH OF DEATH. ALL who died to life in the first Adam shall die to that death in the last Adam -- THE LAKE OF FIRE. Their death shall die, it shall cease to be, it shall be no more. The same all who died in the man of sin and death shall live in the man of righteousness and life (I Cor. 15:22). If you can do simple arithmetic, or understand the principle of balancing equal weights, it is easily seen. The ALLin the FIRST ADAM is the very same ALLin the LAST ADAM.

If the First Death is dying to God, to His righteousness, and to His life, then reversing the process -- dying to Adam, his sin, and his death -- is the Second Death. But how is it done? How does one die to Adam? How can a man die to sin? And what is the process of the death of death? Death to the old man Adam begins by the birth of the new man Christ in one's life. Sin dies in the fire of His Holy Spirit, wherein every soul shall be baptized. And the process of THE DEATH OF DEATH is simply THE FILLING UP WITH LIFE that which is dead.

In his cold embrace THE FIRST ADAM, THE FIRST DEATH, consumed and destroyed all life; while it is the fiery embrace with which THE LAST ADAM, THE SECOND DEATH, consumes and destroys all death. Christ shall burn up hell in the Lake of Fire. He shall destroy death in the Lake of Fire, and it is the same Lake wherein He shall destroy sin -- but not men. God does not destroy men in the lake of fire. Such a thought is a paradox, for how can you destroy death by creating death? You can't. How can you, as some teachers suppose, abolish death by bringing men under the bondage of eternal death, from which there is no escape? Frankly, it is impossible. The purpose of Jesus has never been to destroy men, not by any means. He came into the world to SAVE SINNERS (I Tim. 1:15), and to MAKE AND END OF SIN (Dan.9:24). SIN and DEATH and HELL are the things destroyed. The root of death, SIN, is destroyed; the abode of the dead, HELL, is destroyed; and with them the fruit of sin, DEATH ITSELF, is destroyed. And we read, "...THE LAST ENEMY that shall be DESTROYED is DEATH" (I Cor. 15:26).

Upvote 0

Armistead

Veteran
Aug 11, 2007
NC
✟2,439.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
BEWARE OF THE SECOND DEATH?

THE SECOND DEATH -- what is it exactly? The term is found in no other area of the Bible except in the book of Revelation, and in this book of symbols it is used only four times. One would think that since it is one of the foundational doctrines of most churches, we could find it sown like a blazing ribbon throughout the tapestry of the Bible, especially in the New Testament. We would expect to see many warnings to its readers and telling them to BEWARE of the Second Death; but God strangely omits the impending danger to His unsuspecting offspring. For thousands of years He said nothing about the "Second Death." Moses didn't mention it; the apostles did not bring it into view, except the four times John placed it in script, but not as a dreadful woe; and Jesus failed to even refer to it. Some say that Paul hints at it in his letter to the Hebrews, but Paul was not one to "hint" at anything. He was probably the most straightforward and outspoken of all the apostles. Alluding to truths was not one of his attributes, but just the opposite. He boldly stated that he shunned not to declare the WHOLE COUNSEL of God (Acts 20:27). He spoke often of the consequences of sin, but never suggested there was a place wherein the sinner would go to never return, and neither did he ever say they would be annihilated completely from existence. He said that certain sinners would not "inherit" the Kingdom of God, but he did not say they would never enter "into" His Kingdom as citizens. If either thought, eternal damnation or annihilation, was a part of God's counsel and the foundation of His truth to the Church, it is odd that they never surfaced in Paul's or any of the other foundational teachings in the Bible. (A few scriptures can be misconstrued as referring to annihilation, that once a person dies he is dead forever, but such thoughts do not have the substantial foundation to stand in the presence of truth. Nevertheless, many are dancing to that hopeless tune.)

One would suppose if such a dreadful penalty of eternal torment stood with gaping jaws awaiting hapless man, God would have made it plain and clearly established it in every book of the Bible. But it is not to be found. What is found, however, is THE ANSWER to death -- JESUS CHRIST! This is the ribbon we see sown throughout -- THE PROMISE OF ETERNAL LIFE rather than THE THREAT OF ETERNAL DAMNATION. The truth is, the Second Death is a BENEFICIAL AGENT; for it is the very thing that DESTROYS man's greatest enemies -- SIN, DEATH, HELL, AND THE GRAVE. Any thing that is contrary to the Kingdom of God, and separates men from Christ, finds its end in the Lake called the Second Death.

"And DEATH and HELL were cast into THE LAKE OF FIRE. This is the second death" (Rev. 20:14). Let us mark this fact as we continue on, that THE LAKE OF FIRE does not cause the second death -- IT IS THE SECOND DEATH. In the ultimate sense, Death is simply being void of the life of Christ Jesus. Hell, by definition of "hades," the Greek word from which it is translated, speaks primarily of the unseen realm, the place, the abode, the home of the dead. And THE LAKE OF FIRE is that which both death and hell are cast into. The next verse (Rev. 20:15) tells us there is yet some additional refuse that finds itself subjected to this misunderstood lake: "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

What we see going into THE LAKE OF FIRE is everything that pertains to DEATH.Death itself goes; hell (the abode of the dead) goes; and everyone whose names are not written in the Book of Life shall find their place in the Lake of Fire. All death is cast into THE LAKE OF FIRE, W-H-I-C-H I-S THE SECOND DEATH.

THE FIRST DEATH and THE SECOND DEATH

Let us consider for a moment the FIRST MAN (Adam) and the SECOND MAN (Jesus Christ) as mentioned in I Corinthians 15:45-47. He is also called the LAST ADAM in the same passage. This SECOND MAN, THE LAST ADAM, reverses everything the first Adam did, whether directly or caused to happen indirectly. By one act of sin, ALL LIFE was cast into the FIRST ADAM, and all died -- this was the FIRST DEATH. It was the DEATH OF LIFE, if you please. On the reverse hand, by an act of righteousness, ALL DEATH is cast into Christ the LAST ADAM, the SECOND DEATH -- THIS IS THE SECOND DEATH, the DEATH OF DEATH. ALL who died to life in the first Adam shall die to that death in the last Adam -- THE LAKE OF FIRE. Their death shall die, it shall cease to be, it shall be no more. The same all who died in the man of sin and death shall live in the man of righteousness and life (I Cor. 15:22). If you can do simple arithmetic, or understand the principle of balancing equal weights, it is easily seen. The ALLin the FIRST ADAM is the very same ALLin the LAST ADAM.

If the First Death is dying to God, to His righteousness, and to His life, then reversing the process -- dying to Adam, his sin, and his death -- is the Second Death. But how is it done? How does one die to Adam? How can a man die to sin? And what is the process of the death of death? Death to the old man Adam begins by the birth of the new man Christ in one's life. Sin dies in the fire of His Holy Spirit, wherein every soul shall be baptized. And the process of THE DEATH OF DEATH is simply THE FILLING UP WITH LIFE that which is dead.

In his cold embrace THE FIRST ADAM, THE FIRST DEATH, consumed and destroyed all life; while it is the fiery embrace with which THE LAST ADAM, THE SECOND DEATH, consumes and destroys all death. Christ shall burn up hell in the Lake of Fire. He shall destroy death in the Lake of Fire, and it is the same Lake wherein He shall destroy sin -- but not men. God does not destroy men in the lake of fire. Such a thought is a paradox, for how can you destroy death by creating death? You can't. How can you, as some teachers suppose, abolish death by bringing men under the bondage of eternal death, from which there is no escape? Frankly, it is impossible. The purpose of Jesus has never been to destroy men, not by any means. He came into the world to SAVE SINNERS (I Tim. 1:15), and to MAKE AND END OF SIN (Dan.9:24). SIN and DEATH and HELL are the things destroyed. The root of death, SIN, is destroyed; the abode of the dead, HELL, is destroyed; and with them the fruit of sin, DEATH ITSELF, is destroyed. And we read, "...THE LAST ENEMY that shall be DESTROYED is DEATH" (I Cor. 15:26).

I've read that before and totally agree with most of it.
The doctrine of a eternal hell of torture is an evil doctrine. It is bigoted and racist to most people in the world. So many American Christens seem to enjoy the fact that most of the world is going to hell for reasons they cannot help. It is a religious doctrine created to control men, not set them free.

If you were to hold a gun to someones head and say love me or I will shoot, most people out of fear would say "I love you". Hell is no different. It is equal to God saying "love me or be placed in eternal torment". That is not the love that cast out all fear. Sadly, most polls say that 80-90% of people accepted Christ out of nothing but fear of being eternally tormented.

I wish more people would take the time to study what
the bible actually teaches on hell.

Reactions: Tavita
Upvote 0

Alphadux

Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
✟7,880.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've read that before and totally agree with most of it.
The doctrine of a eternal hell of torture is an evil doctrine. It is bigoted and racist to most people in the world. So many American Christens seem to enjoy the fact that most of the world is going to hell for reasons they cannot help. It is a religious doctrine created to control men, not set them free.

If you were to hold a gun to someones head and say love me or I will shoot, most people out of fear would say "I love you". Hell is no different. It is equal to God saying "love me or be placed in eternal torment". That is not the love that cast out all fear. Sadly, most polls say that 80-90% of people accepted Christ out of nothing but fear of being eternally tormented.

I wish more people would take the time to study what
the bible actually teaches on hell.
But explain the passages which speak of hell being "forever and ever" and "eternal" or "everlasting". The "aion" interpretion of it simply meaning age doesn't work. If we go by that, then we would have to look at passages speaking of eternal life as "age-long" life.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.