Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, Im a 17 year old boy from sweden and i stopped believing in jesus during a hard time of my life, I wanted to ask if i can still become Christian or has God given up on me?
God never gives up on anyone. It is people that give up on him. If you are willing to accept Jesus as your Lord daily, then you can do no better. Regarding the faith for salvation that people talk about, that comes through obeying God. Obedience often precedes salvation, but it also is what happens as a result of someone being saved. Study the Bible to know God better and to know what he wants of you (which is always for your benefit in the long run). Involve him in your daily activities. Pray, talk to him, thank him for any (and all) the good things in your life. (All the bad is the result of sin and was never God's desire.)

Upvote 0

LovesOurLord

Jun 19, 2018
Denver
✟15,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello, Im a 17 year old boy from sweden and i stopped believing in jesus during a hard time of my life, I wanted to ask if i can still become Christian or has God given up on me?

Lots of people got mad at God at rough times in their lives. I have, specifically in the years I was an agnostic. It doesn't matter - that's just an expression of our ignorance of God and our not being centered on Christ. God is always waiting for you to take the hand he always has outstretched.

Upvote 0

LovesOurLord

Jun 19, 2018
Denver
✟15,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jacob, God will not give up on you. However, I know--but cannot explain--that God often takes some time with it. For some reason, perhaps because you have to experience more of life or have the truth dawn on you more gradually, it may take awhile.

Oh yeah! In my case I think it was my own hard-headedness. I wasn't ready to truly accept Christ and come to Him as a child until the age of 47 when I became a Christian, just over a year ago. There were plenty of nudgings off and on along the way, that's for sure. I always craved God and felt like He was missing in an empty space inside my heart. I was very slow and hesitant in no small part due to having been a devout believer in my teens in New Age which turned out to be a heartbreaking hoax. That alone, not counting serious trauma issues with family, kept me afraid to emotionally invest in a faith again fearing another let-down. That was something I had to heal from and work through.

The important thing is to be truly open-minded, not have one's mind cluttered with anti-religious, anti-Christian prejudice (it's a block) and approach God asking Him to show you and lead the way, without any resistance on your part.

Upvote 0

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus is Faithful! Why do you want to come to Jesus? If you want to turn from pride, lust, greed, envy, lieing, hate, bitterness, then truly confess your sins and ask Jesus to save you. You need to realize that you can't save yourself through good works, by earning salvation. You can only accept it. If you truly seek change then seek Jesus. If you regret your sins, then you need to put all your trust in Jesus to Save and Change you. That's the only Way. You will start trusting and loving Jesus as you walk with Him. Those are Gifts from Him. Not something we do to earn salvation.

Upvote 0