Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello, Im a 17 year old boy from sweden and i stopped believing in jesus during a hard time of my life, I wanted to ask if i can still become Christian or has God given up on me?

Believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, repent of your sinful life, confess to someone Jesus Christ is the Lord God, savior of the world, and be baptized for the remission (forgiveness) of Sins and receive the Holy Spirit and you will be saved. Then try to live a Christian life until death.

• Friendly
Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
Hello, Im a 17 year old boy from sweden and i stopped believing in jesus during a hard time of my life, I wanted to ask if i can still become Christian or has God given up on me?
It's up to you. Trust in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved.

"Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved" Acts 16:30,31

"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24 Do you believe Jesus? It's simple as that.

Upvote 0

Northbrook

No sé vivir sin Dios
Jul 19, 2018
Chicago
✟39,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Dear Jacob,

Just let me say that I like how you phrase your title: “Question about becoming a Christian.” I like how you put “becoming.” You are 17, and I know that when my brother was your age, he would have NATURALLY ASSUMED he was a Christian. But you’re not born a Christian, you BECOME a Christian. (My brother is 60 years old now, and still hasn’t become a Christian.). And you can become a Christian, starting tonight. Just believe, and follow that with repenting. Those are the only two things you need!

• Friendly
Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, repent of your sinful life, confess to someone Jesus Christ is the Lord God, savior of the world, and be baptized for the remission (forgiveness) of Sins and receive the Holy Spirit and you will be saved. Then try to live a Christian life until death.

........or you could simply believe the Gospel thAt Jesus gave to Paul where you will see none of these things mentioned.....faith in this Gospel alone will save if simply believed

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat

I assume you were baptized and raised a Christian? If so, you do not need to become a Christian, you already are one.

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
I assume you were baptized and raised a Christian? If so, you do not need to become a Christian, you already are one.
Really? You're saying it has nothing to do with a person's faith. I was under the impression that salvation is by faith in Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Really? You're saying it has nothing to do with a person's faith. I was under the impression that salvation is by faith in Christ.

I see no reason to assume Jacob has no faith.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
You mentioned nothing of his faith. You simply proposed if a person is baptized and "raised a Christian", such a person is saved. Different gospel than mine.

That's because I'm a Lutheran and odds are, so is Jacob.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I thought Luther taught salvation by faith. I guess Lutheranism evolved since then. And Jacob made no mention of being Lutheran.

We do believe in justification by faith. We think of faith in more passive and somewhat less individualistic terms.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Jacob, God will not give up on you. However, I know--but cannot explain--that God often takes some time with it. For some reason, perhaps because you have to experience more of life or have the truth dawn on you more gradually, it may take awhile.

In the meantime, I would recommend that you not despair but rather study the faith, read the Bible, attend church services, and so on. Avoid letting yourself simply wonder about this and wonder some more--all the while being detached from the Christian community.

Upvote 0

Thedictator

Retired Coach, Now Missionary to the World
Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
........or you could simply believe the Gospel thAt Jesus gave to Paul where you will see none of these things mentioned.....faith in this Gospel alone will save if simply believed

Partial Gospel will not save anyone, taking one or two verses out of context and ignoring what the rest of the Bible has to say will only lead to a false understanding of salvation. There are a lot of people who do not want to give 100% of their life to Christ, so they just want the bare minimum, what is the least that I can do to be a Christian, I want to be saved but I don't want to leave my Pagan lifestyle, So Denominations came up with a manmade doctrine of salvation by dead faith (faith without action)(James 2) and constructed a false hermeneutic of all you need is one or two verses of Scripture and throw out the rest of the Bible or just ignore what it really says about salvation. I chose to believe what ALL of Scripture has to say about salvation and not a made up manmade denominational teaching that use only a small part of God's word.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
It is okay to become a Christian.

• Friendly
Reactions: LovesOurLord
Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Partial Gospel will not save anyone, taking one or two verses out of context and ignoring what the rest of the Bible has to say will only lead to a false understanding of salvation. There are a lot of people who do not want to give 100% of their life to Christ, so they just want the bare minimum, what is the least that I can do to be a Christian, I want to be saved but I don't want to leave my Pagan lifestyle, So Denominations came up with a manmade doctrine of salvation by dead faith (faith without action)(James 2) and constructed a false hermeneutic of all you need is one or two verses of Scripture and throw out the rest of the Bible or just ignore what it really says about salvation. I chose to believe what ALL of Scripture has to say about salvation and not a made up manmade denominational teaching that use only a small part of God's word.

Paul said if we merely believe his Gospel given to him by Jesus we will be saved.Apparently, Jesus did not see it as “partial Gospel”. Believe the simple Gospel Jesus gave us to be saved, for that faith He will give you the Holy Spirit thAt will take care of all that other stuff as He sees fit.I think you are confusing salvation with sanctification.We must not put the cart before the horse.God bless

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Hi Jacob Falk & welcome to CF!

God has not given up on you. You can be saved (become a Christian) this very moment.

The Bible teaches that no amount of human goodness, human works, human morality or religious activity can get anyone into Heaven. Being a good person, belonging to a religious family, being baptized, going to church, none of these can save anyone. Everyone still falls short of God’s perfect standard. (Isaiah 64:6, Romans 4:1-5, Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:5-7)

Jesus said to him, “I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) me.” (John 14:6)

What must I do to be saved?

1) Realize that you’re are a sinner. (Romans 3:23, 5:12; 1 John 1:10)

2) Change your mind about Jesus (repent).
  • Jesus said: “…unless you repent (have a change of mind that results in a change of action), you will all perish and be lost eternally. (Luke 13:5)
  • …now God charges all people everywhere to repent. (Acts 17:30)
3) Believe the Gospel, that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried and rose from the dead.
  • We are made right in God’s sight when we trust in Jesus Christ to take away our sins. And we all can be saved in the same way, no matter who we are or what we have done. For God sent Jesus to take the punishment for our sins and to satisfy God’s anger against us. We are made right with God when we believe that Jesus shed His blood, sacrificing His Life for us. (Romans 3:22, 25)
  • For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
4) Go to God in prayer, confessing Jesus as Lord and your need for forgiveness of your sins. Give your life to Jesus, making Him the Lord of your life.
  • For it is believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. (Romans 10:10)
  • For anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.(Romans 10:13)
But to all who believed Him and accepted Him, He gave the right to become children of God. They are reborn! (John 1:12-13)

Your acceptance or rejection of Jesus is the most important decision you will make in this life. It is a matter of eternal life and eternal death.

Upvote 0