northeast
✟18,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Would appreciate help identifying the source text and correct wording for a quote attributed to St. Maximos the Confessor. I’ve misplaced the link where I read it. “The void beheld the beauty of the pre-eternal Logos and repented of its nothingness.” thanks so much for any help anyone can offer. God with us +

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
hmm, never heard that quote before. it’s interesting for sure, but sounds a tad off to me. is there maybe some context with that quote?

and I am not saying that it’s not from St Maximos, just wondering if there is anything else that could clarify it.

Upvote 0

Thekla

Jul 11, 2017
northeast
✟18,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
hmm, never heard that quote before. it’s interesting for sure, but sounds a tad off to me. is there maybe some context with that quote?

and I am not saying that it’s not from St Maximos, just wondering if there is anything else that could clarify it.
I read it in a paper, copied it, and unfortunately have no other info (crashed computer). If you don’t mind, what about the statement seems off to you ? Thanks and best to you in Christ

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I read it in a paper, copied it, and unfortunately have no other info (crashed computer). If you don’t mind, what about the statement seems off to you ? Thanks and best to you in Christ
the void beholding and repenting (which I know could be poetic, but that just sounds off to me).

Upvote 0