Queensland Australian university wants to ban Christians from mentioning jesus

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,112.00
Faith
Christian
That means pretty much stop us from practicing our religion. Jesus does not always want preaching but He commands us to share the gospel

If it is indeed a real issue I shall post some things.
I can see their concern that they are afraid of people being hurt but it should not hurt them if it is false according to them and it would be horrible to stop Christians from sharing the gospel which can be decided on whether it is true. If you do after a while we may not care as much because we don't know our service means anything or that anyone in society cares. Especially if it is made illegal to share your faith. We have to keep from our love getting cold. The bible says it is unprofitable to grieve those who care for you. The bible says because lawlessness abounds the love of many will grow cold. That is love to support of God's laws . What greater lawlessness abounds when we are forced never to mention God's laws as truth

We Christians can not agree with their position because we accept that God is the absolute authority and He makes the rules which is to protect the free will of each and only His judgement of what should be punished is valid. We have to keep the law of the land unless we will be committing our own sins and not trying to help others sins (I do not believe for example that you can refuse to serve a gay customer but a priest must not be forced to marry them) but it is a sin not to vote for our rights of freedom such as to talk and there are times when the law of the land does not agree with God so must be broken. As the psalm says we swear to our own hurt and do not change. Not everyone however is fit even to share the faith because he don't know how or he knows but must not over do it

What is the motivation for preaching ? It should be by those equipped. The reason is as paul said "knowing the terror of the Lord we persuade men and we trust we are well known in your consciences" the good maybe can never be lost because they will search the gospel themselves but the gospel can save those who would not who would not care on their own.As paul said the law is primarily for the ignorant and sinners

However not everyone should use this freedom to preach all the time they will be judged for abusing it but you should not prevent it but rather teach others how to behave and not all types of preaching you should prevent because that is also taking away our free will. In that case how would you feel if we took away your free will to have an opposing view. We are not allowed to as Christians but I suppose you will be left to God judgement.But some preaching is wrong and must be condemned by society

I regret being silent too much when I need not be ashamed of the gospel for it is the power of God. We don't need to mention you will go to hell etc which is true but the good news that you get eternal life through jesus and that He is fair and caring

No one is ignorant of the gospel paul says it has been preached to every creature and their sound has gone throughout the whole earth through creation there is only degrees of ignorance our consciences accuse and excuse us on that day

Btw preaching should only be done in a group or to your friends without being inappropriate. But sharing the good news is different to preaching. Unfortunately I don't know how much commited I will be to sharing the good news but I hope others would do it if I imagine them more able but it may be a fantasy to want others to do my job

Not everyone is even prepared to go in groups not everyone has the gift of preaching

Maybe the ban is good temporarily or can be used if we are just protesting but not really wanting to help others and share the gospel and we are forgetting to show and be loving first of all

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,551.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What's the context? Are they banning students from, say, disrupting classes on totally different topics by bringing in religious discussions? Or are they banning students from having a Christian group meeting outside of class time? Or is it something else?

Context is everything. There's a time and a place, and even the Bible says there's a time to keep silence. Your lab class on, say, computer programming might be that time!

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That means pretty much stop us from practicing our religion. Jesus does not always want preaching but He commands us to share the gospel

I can see their concern that they are afraid of people being hurt but it should not hurt them if it is false according to them and it would be horrible to stop Christians from sharing the gospel which can be decided on whether it is true. If you do after a while we may not care as much because we don't know our service means anything or that anyone in society cares. Especially if it is made illegal to share your faith. We have to keep from our love getting cold. The bible says it is unprofitable to grieve those who care for you. The bible says because lawlessness abounds the love of many will grow cold. That is love to support of God's laws . What greater lawlessness abounds when we are forced never to mention God's laws as truth

We Christians can not agree with their position because we accept that God is the absolute authority and He makes the rules which is to protect the free will of each and only His judgement of what should be punished is valid. We have to keep the law of the land unless we will be committing our own sins and not trying to help others sins (I do not believe for example that you can refuse to serve a gay customer but a priest must not be forced to marry them) but it is a sin not to vote for our rights of freedom such as to talk and there are times when the law of the land does not agree with God so must be broken. As the psalm says we swear to our own hurt and do not change. Not everyone however is fit even to share the faith because he don't know how or he knows but must not over do it

What is the motivation for preaching ? It should be by those equipped. The reason is as paul said "knowing the terror of the Lord we persuade men and we trust we are well known in your consciences" the good maybe can never be lost because they will search the gospel themselves but the gospel can save those who would not who would not care on their own.As paul said the law is primarily for the ignorant and sinners

However not everyone should use this freedom to preach all the time they will be judged for abusing it but you should not prevent it but rather teach others how to behave and not all types of preaching you should prevent because that is also taking away our free will. In that case how would you feel if we took away your free will to have an opposing view. We are not allowed to as Christians but I suppose you will be left to God judgement.But some preaching is wrong and must be condemned by society

I regret being silent too much when I need not be ashamed of the gospel for it is the power of God. We don't need to mention you will go to hell etc which is true but the good news that you get eternal life through jesus and that He is fair and caring

No one is ignorant of the gospel paul says it has been preached to every creature and their sound has gone throughout the whole earth through creation there is only degrees of ignorance our consciences accuse and excuse us on that day

Btw preaching should only be done in a group or to your friends without being inappropriate. But sharing the good news is different to preaching. Unfortunately I don't know how much commited I will be to sharing the good news but I hope others would do it if I imagine them more able but it may be a fantasy to want others to do my job

Not everyone is even prepared to go in groups not everyone has the gift of preaching

Maybe the ban is good temporarily or can be used if we are just protesting but not really wanting to help others and share the gospel and we are forgetting to show and be loving first of all
Do you have a reference for this?

Upvote 0

Faith Alone 1 Cor 15:1-4

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yea , when you say some stupid [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] to somebody like alien abduction or believing that world does not exist and it's in your head it's fine , but when you mention name of Jesus something happens and people get angry . Something is just so powerfull in this name that they can't stand hearing it that's why they want to ban it.

Other thing is that there is no fake reincarnated Buddah walking around , but there are always people who claim to be Jesus walking around .

I know it's scary to be fined /put to jail in places that reject Christ , but let's not forget early christians who were burned because they did not want to bow to Cesar . If they could be burned for him then i can pay fine when they caught me sharing gospel .

Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I've been to Queensland (surfing). The waves there are awesome but the XXXX beer sucks royal!

Sydney NSW has the Tooies and Tooths, Melbourne Victoria has the Carlton Draft and Tasmania has the Cascade and Boggs.

People should consider these things when they pick a school! :)

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yea , when you say some stupid [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] to somebody like alien abduction or believing that world does not exist and it's in your head it's fine , but when you mention name of Jesus something happens and people get angry . Something is just so powerfull in this name that they can't stand hearing it that's why they want to ban it.

Other thing is that there is no fake reincarnated Buddah walking around , but there are always people who claim to be Jesus walking around .

I know it's scary to be fined /put to jail in places that reject Christ , but let's not forget early christians who were burned because they did not want to bow to Cesar . If they could be burned for him then i can pay fine when they caught me sharing gospel .
The guys I live with in the land of Oz love using the name of Jesus Christ, even more so when they have a beleiver in their presence. Its a bit like being in a pentecostal church service; Jesus Christ this and Jesus Christ that.
They'd be lost for words if they couldn't use His name over and over again.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All I could find was this:- Questions remain over Jesus ban in Qld schools
which is about children in primary schools.

I think it would be interesting if someone was prepared to complain about the repeated mentioning of Jesus in classes or in breaks when used as a curse.
Would they take any notice?

Upvote 0

-V-

Sep 16, 2016
USA
✟38,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,112.00
Faith
Christian
What's the context? Are they banning students from, say, disrupting classes on totally different topics by bringing in religious discussions? Or are they banning students from having a Christian group meeting outside of class time? Or is it something else?

Context is everything. There's a time and a place, and even the Bible says there's a time to keep silence. Your lab class on, say, computer programming might be that time!

Yes I agree there is a time it is not appropriate but there are times it is

Reactions: sethrak
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,551.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There's background to the school thing which isn't obvious at first glance.

There are groups which are manipulating schools from the outside; training children at church and then sending them into school, telling them Jesus wants them to bring their classmates to church as well, that kind of thing. Not just in a casual way but with formal curriculum and sending the kids in with evangelistic material and stuff.

It's designed to be sneaky and underhanded, because it allows these groups to avoid oversight by school authorities, avoid consent by the parents of other children before their children are proselytised to, and uses very young and immature children in ways which are not appropriate.

This ban is designed to clamp down on that sort of outside, manipulative, deceptive organised campaign.

(No, I don't have a source; you'll have to take my word for it that I've been in meetings where I've seen this sort of thing planned).

Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,112.00
Faith
Christian
There's background to the school thing which isn't obvious at first glance.

There are groups which are manipulating schools from the outside; training children at church and then sending them into school, telling them Jesus wants them to bring their classmates to church as well, that kind of thing. Not just in a casual way but with formal curriculum and sending the kids in with evangelistic material and stuff.

It's designed to be sneaky and underhanded, because it allows these groups to avoid oversight by school authorities, avoid consent by the parents of other children before their children are proselytised to, and uses very young and immature children in ways which are not appropriate.

This ban is designed to clamp down on that sort of outside, manipulative, deceptive organised campaign.

(No, I don't have a source; you'll have to take my word for it that I've been in meetings where I've seen this sort of thing planned).

That makes sense but the problem is still if there is a complete ban

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sethrak

Aug 7, 2017
El Dorado County, California
✟49,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Parif Mike, Our daughters have been home schooled here in the U.S. through Brisbane School of Distance and one other in Os as well. We did this because of the un Christian thing that are taught in the public schools.
Yes, we did run into reading material and subjects that were used and taught in the Australian Schools but we were able to, upon contacting the school principle, choose alternate lessons.
There are rules in almost every situation that seemed aimed at Christians, some are uncomfortable others just cannot be lived with.

seth

Աստված մեծ է

Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

sethrak

Aug 7, 2017
El Dorado County, California
✟49,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Greetings Mike, Parif is a friendly greeting in the Armenian language~I noticed you listed: Oriental Orthodox and thought it might be Armenian Orthodox~I know it could as well be a member Church. In any case I give you greetings and best wishes to you and yours```

seth

Upvote 0