Dec 30, 2002
Calgary, Alberta
Visit site
✟253.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been growing in God a lot in the past 2 months due to difficult circumstances in my life. But I have heard from many people how I should put God before all else, and everyone else. Why is this? For me this is SO hard to do. It's not that I don't love Him, it seems just human nature to trust humans first. I want to live for God and His will for my life, but how can I learn to put aside everything else so I can live my life again?

April

Yesterday at 12:41 AM speechless said this in Post #1 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=668240#post668240)

I have been growing in God a lot in the past 2 months due to difficult circumstances in my life. But I have heard from many people how I should put God before all else, and everyone else. Why is this? For me this is SO hard to do. It's not that I don't love Him, it seems just human nature to trust humans first. I want to live for God and His will for my life, but how can I learn to put aside everything else so I can live my life again?

That is a difficult question. I suppose if someone knew the answer, then we would all be perfect Christians. Frequently putting God first, requires putting others before yourself. I don't mean entrusting yourself to them without reason, but putting their priorities above your own.

Luk 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Selfishness is always an enemy to be overcome, which is difficult to do.

Upvote 0

EPHRIAM777

A REAL NICE GUY..!
Dec 6, 2002
PHILLY
✟620.00
speechless said

April [/B]

Eph writes...

April...don't listen to those folks...All you need to do is FAITH God..that means "put your trust in him"....Since it's you and him....that have the personal relationship now...It should be you and him...working it out together..one day at a time...!

The "connection" you have with Jesus Christ is one based on faith...It's not a list of rules to follow...saying "do do this..and don't do that"...!

...Just remember that each day ...and ask him to be with you...in all you do...that goes for the mistakes you may make along the way...

He doesn't expect you to be perfect or never fail...He just wants you to trust him and when you do..it truely IS a daily walk with him..ups and downs..hills and vallies...But always by faith..and with HIM leading...!

Ask him each day to be with you..and to lead you in all you do..and he will...

As your faith in him grows more and more...you'll find that you'll be looking for more ways to be with him and do things for him...than to be anywhere else...!

BUT...it won't be because someone told you you HAD to do it....!

You and Him...will end up doing that together because he'll be leading you to do that and you'll want to...!

...One day at a time..it's a journey your on WITH someone....not a list of rules to follow...!

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think these people are trying to teach you the verse in the gospels (I think it's in all of em) which says: "Seek ye first the kingdom of heaven and all these things shall be added unto you."

I also know of this verse which was literally given to me in a dream as a guidance for how I should live now: (I will post the paragraph for you)

Prov 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding. 
Prov 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight. 

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "live my life again" though... If you are loving God and seeking after Him, your life will be great. My 1 1/2 cents ... :)

21st February 2003 at 06:41 PM speechless said this in Post #1

April

Upvote 0

gnine

Dec 12, 2002
Visit site
✟8,560.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
AU-Labor
"I should put God before all else"

Yes... its true. But they conveniently leave out the deeper question of 'how'. The inerrent means of determining God's will is via the bible. Unfortunately, you may not find the answer to your exact quandry in there (but you might - in that case, good - follow the advice and don't be deceived).

If not, then you should pray that God will reveal His will. Even then, you might not be sure, in which case you will need to take a step in faith in accordance with Christian principles as you understand them and trust in His grace.

I often get the feeling that when people say to "pray for wisdom" they expect that God will just give them an infusion of wisdom that will allow them to deal with the situation in question perfectly. He might, but more often if think that He provides situations where you are given the opportunity to gain the wisdom via means of personal experience and sometimes failuer.

Unfortunately, it is not always pleasant.

Have a read of some of the OT major prophets. They are titans of unwavering faith under circumstances that make even my hair curl.

Hope that this helps.

g9

Upvote 0

ikester7579

Jan 10, 2003
Florida
✟1,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
21st February 2003 at 07:41 PM speechless said this in Post #1

April

When you put God first, He puts you first. God is the alpha and omega. God owns everything. I thank God in prayer for all that he has allowed me to have.

Your trying to live more for what's here on earth than whats waiting in heaven. We only live here for a short time, but we live in heaven for eternity. So which should you be looking towards? Because we are in the flesh it is hard to give up things of this world which are of the flesh. But to get closer to God we have to. When you give a life totally to God, he will lead you in the direction you need to go. Your friends will make fun you, but don't worry. You see they don't understand what being saved and knowing the lord feels like. So like a defense mechanism they poke fun at you. Besides, which is more important. What they think, or what God thinks?

Upvote 0

Job_38

<font size="1"> In perfect orbit they have circled
Jul 24, 2002
✟2,013.00
22nd February 2003 at 12:41 AM speechless said this in Post #1

I have been growing in God a lot in the past 2 months due to difficult circumstances in my life. But I have heard from many people how I should put God before all else, and everyone else. Why is this?&nbsp;For me this is SO hard to do. It's not that I don't love Him, it seems just human nature to trust humans first. I want to live for God and His will for my life, but how can I learn to put aside everything else so I can live my life again?

April

&nbsp;Let me ask: How many times have people failed, as in historically? Would you want to put your faith in them?

&nbsp;

Upvote 0

Didymus

can t spell--can t type
Feb 3, 2002
New York state
✟10,771.00
Faith
Protestant
put God first by spending time with Him whenever you can but a regular time EVERY day is very important. Put Him first when you make out your budget--give your tithe first--you will have enough to pay your bills. put Him first by asking Him first fir help when you have aproblem not when you have tried everything else. Treat Him as you would treat your best friend--which He is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He knows your heart. The Father sees you rightous (right standing with God) through Jesus. You will never be like you want to be but you fight the good fight. We all sin, fall but praise God we have Jesus. The change will come. He loves you and never condems you that is makes you feel guilty. There is now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus. So :) raise your hands and praise him and be at peace.

Upvote 0

GodOwnsMe

Sep 3, 2002
Visit site
✟2,433.00
Faith
Christian
mhh. There's some cool stuff in the bible thats encouraging me 'bout that stuff:
1) James 1/5 :) God'll give you the wisdom you need when you ask for it
2)Deuteronomium 30/6 that's a cool one !! Moses says to the Israelites that God will change them & their kids in their hearts and enable them, to love him sincerely and wholehearted/ 'with whole devotion' in my transl. then they'll stay alive (I think thats cause they were still under the law then !!)
3) psalm 32/8 it was so cool when I asked God to show me, answer me when I was pretty down bout stuff & opened my devo-book @ any page and got this !! :) :bow:
God Bless you sista !!!!! :hug:

Upvote 0