Kolbu
✟21,186.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Think about it, everyone`s born good, so the brain, must be wired to be good completly. But some people turn evil during their lives, usually early in life also, so how can an entire brain, rewire itself? Exactly, it shows that the soul isn`t coming from the brain. Some children are born without a brain also, they only have the brain-stem, so if you put these two facts together, the soul is actually the brain-stem, and the brain is for something else entirely

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Think about it, everyone`s born good, so the brain, must be wired to be good completly. But some people turn evil during their lives, usually early in life also, so how can an entire brain, rewire itself? Exactly, it shows that the soul isn`t coming from the brain. Some children are born without a brain also, they only have the brain-stem, so if you put these two facts together, the soul is actually the brain-stem, and the brain is for something else entirely
For coming up with strange ideas like that?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Think about it, everyone`s born good,

Is that what science tells you?

... so the brain, must be wired to be good completely.

Either that, or we're sinners by birth.

But some people turn evil during their lives,

Either that, or they were born sinners.

... usually early in life also,

Like, at birth?

... so how can an entire brain, rewire itself?

On paper.

Exactly, it shows that the soul isn't coming from the brain.

Correct.

Man is tripartite (body, soul, spirit), and the soul resides in the heart, not the brain.

Where are you getting this information?

As I understand it, science does not teach mankind has a soul.

So why would they be saying the soul is coming from the brain?

And if they aren't saying it, where are you getting that information from?

Some children are born without a brain also, they only have the brain-stem,

Um ... no one is born without a brain.

They are born with parts of the brain missing, but not without the whole brain missing.

... so if you put these two facts together, the soul is actually the brain-stem, and the brain is for something else entirely.

Do I detect a little Kundalini here?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

No. Just... no.

I swear that this has to be the new form of Gottservant.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I reject your premise.

I'm glad to hear someone reject that.

I thought maybe it was starting to be taught as scientific now.

Though it wouldn't surprise me.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,737.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Think about it, everyone`s born good,...
G. K. Chesterton once wrote that original sin is the only Christian doctrine which can easily be proven simply by reading a newspaper. :)

• Winner
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,066.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I swear that this has to be the new form of Gottservant.
Last seen Oct '22. I wondered why there was a blank page when I looked for his posts. Then I remembered I had I had him on ignore. And then I remembered why.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
G. K. Chesterton once wrote that original sin is the only Christian doctrine which can easily be proven simply by reading a newspaper. :)

Chesterton sounds like an idiot. The doctrine involves having sin because of something done long ago and not in the paper. No crime, no matter how awful, reported in the paper is "original sin".

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Chesterton sounds like an idiot. The doctrine involves having sin because of something done long ago and not in the paper. No crime, no matter how awful, reported in the paper is "original sin".

:doh:

Upvote 0

One God and Father of All

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The brain is something that is flesh just like the heart or other organs. The brain has desires just as the heart. A brain would become evil when its desires become evil.
In order for a brain to rewrite itself would be for the brain to consider something other than its natural desires as something to be more desired. That brings in the question as to whether the brain itself can make such a decision for itself, and what is considered to be good or evil. Perhaps it’s a matter of the fleshly heart convincing the brain to do something. If the heart is evil it would try to convince the brain to agree. If a heart has no desire as to what is good or bad, it would only choose the good as it relates to itself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The heart, or center, of a human being is what controls all the rest of the human being. If the heart stops feeding blood to the rest, the rest will die. The brain is something that allows us to distinguish one thing from another. But the brain needs the heart in order to survive. Everything therefore relies on the heart.
The only one who can change the heart is God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Surgeons do it all the time.
The fleshy heart is what supplies all the rest. It takes more than just replacing the fleshly heart. It requires changing what a fleshly heart desires.
The interesting thing about this is that all organs rely on the heart. The brain relies on the heart. But what does the heart rely on? The heart relies on blood. What does blood rely on?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The fleshy heart is what supplies all the rest. It takes more than just replacing the fleshly heart. It requires changing what a fleshly heart desires.
The interesting thing about this is that all organs rely on the heart. The brain relies on the heart. But what does the heart rely on? The heart relies on blood. What does blood rely on?

Are you going to speak anything but nonsense?

Upvote 0