• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Pushing myself...

WWJD552

May 27, 2012
Jamestown PA
✟7,685.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have gone through several bouts of depression. I suffer from ADHD, bi polar, OCD and anxiety. It's a constant struggle for me to keep on task. I have days where I love the world and others where I just want to give up on myself and everyone around me.
So, you can get through it. Have faith in God. Your Family. Friends. They are the ones who support you even when it feels like they are distant. God Bless.

Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
Standing right behind you! ;)
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the encouragement WWJD552.

Andrew went to school a bit calmer this morning. He was still saying that he is afraid and worried, but he wasn't crying. Of course I am praying for him to stay safe and have a great day!

I just feel like such a mess. I cried at his parent/teacher conference last night. I was so embarassed! I just couldn't stop the tears. His teacher says he is doing very well though and has made big improvements socially since she first met him.

Off to do my housework. I will be keeping you guys in prayer today too.

Upvote 0

rowantree

Apr 13, 2012
UK
✟8,612.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Court, so sorry about the parent/teacher conference - but it might have its good side in that the school will know of your very real concerns for Andrew, and work with you on it all. I know you would feel embarrassed - I would too - but it is amazing how people respond. It is so good to hear that Andrew is doing so well and also making big improvements socially. All great news.
Praying for Andrew to stay safe today - and for you to feel calm, Court. xx

Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are right rowantree...my crying last night may give his teacher an insight as to my concerns. I hope it does. I really appreciate your prayers.

I am on the verge of calling my doctor. My stomach is really messed up. I was supposed to go in for an endoscopy yesterday but had no one to take care of Andrew and no way of getting there.

Upvote 0

rowantree

Apr 13, 2012
UK
✟8,612.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Oh Court, I didn't realise your endoscopy was mean to be yesterday. I am so sorry that you had to miss it. So sorry that your stomach is messed up too. I am praying that they give you a new appointment quickly, and that you can make it somehow next time. I pray that your doctor can help you. God bless you Court. xx

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Oh sweetie , I'm so sorry you missed that! Can you rearrange it soon?
Please go to the doc if you are feeling bad, Court - your health is important (and as an incentive - it's important to Andrew that you are healthy too!!)
Praying for you, and praying that Andrew has another great day. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So Andrew's day yesterday was rough. This morning he was crying again and saying he was scared and worried to go to school. My stomach is a complete mess and I am very concerned about Andrew. I called to re-schedule my endoscopy and I'm waiting for a call back.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
((((((((((((((Court)))))))))))))))))
I'm sorry - praying that Andrew has a better day today. Poor little chap - it must be hard on him :hug:
Praying that you can get a quick appointment for the endoscopy, and that they can sort out your stomach quickly and easily :hug:

Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Criada! I am praying for him so much today. It's Wed. so I am going to meet him at school for lunch and then he really wants me to stay and volunteer, but I just don't know if my stomach can handle it.

Andrew also wants to go trick or treating with a friend tonight. It's going to be difficult.

Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love you guys so much and really appreciate the prayers. Andrew's day at school went fairly well yesterday. Poor little guy is so stressed out about getting in trouble at lunch or recess because he doesn't always understand what is going on and his teacher is not there to help him. We spoke to his teacher about it this morning. I am really praying he stays safe today and has a good day!

I re-scheduled my endoscopy. the soonest they had available is Dec. 4th. I am exhausted. My eyes ache, my head aches and of course my stomach. I just keep wondering if it's all from stress about Andrew. I don't know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.