• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Pushing myself...

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
Standing right behind you! ;)
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am depressed. I am going through a med change that has me up against it. I am asking to be accountable to you guys here for me to push myself to do the things I need to do to pull out of this funk.

So far this morning I have gotten my son to school, got water at the store, came home and forced myself to workout for a half hour and now I need to go shower. I just want to go to bed but I need to do laundry, clean and make some phone calls and then pick my son up from school, make dinner and help him with his homework, bathe him and get him ready for bed. I need to push through. I can't give into this depression or it will spiral.

Will you guys help push me through this?

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Courtney, we are here. Praying for you that you can get through this day. A step at a time. It's hard. But you will get there. Keep checking in with us.
Thank you so much rowantree! I was able to shower and now I'm catching up on housework... I CAN do this! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love you guys! Thank you for the prayers and encouragement.... they are helping! I am getting things done! This is HUGE in light of my depression. I have to go pick my son up in an hour and then the "night shift" starts...dinner, homework, bathing, getting ready for bed, etc. So I won't be checking in 'til tomorrow but I really appreciate all of you!

Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I didn't think I'd be posting 'til tomorrow... but my son is driving me nuts and I just have to vent. He lost his jacket at school and we spent quite a while trying to find it to no avail (which meant getting out of the car line, parking and going in). Then I come to find out his teacher once again has given him candy (which I have asked her not to) and he is a s wild as can be and not willing to eat his dinner. I am trying to get through homework but he is bouncing off the walls.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks so much Cally! He's calmed down a bit now. I finally got a little food in him and he wrote his spelling words. Now to survive bath time and bed time without incident. He's just a bit out of control tonight. He has Asperger's and his diet can really affect his behavior. I will have to discuss the no sugar rule with his teacher again tomorrow!

Upvote 0

rowantree

Apr 13, 2012
UK
✟8,612.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Oh Court, I am sorry to hear this. You could obviously have done without this today, but you know what- you have managed SOOO well. Keep going and hope the vent helped a bit. Sometimes it's good to vent. I pray that thing improve and that you can cope for the rest of the day. Let us know how you go, and we will still be here tomorrow. Will watch out for you. Take care. xx

Upvote 0

rowantree

Apr 13, 2012
UK
✟8,612.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Court, our posts crossed each other. So pleased you got some food into him. I feel so sad that his teacher did not realise not to give him candy. I will be praying for you tomorrow as you talk to his teacher. Not the best of times for this, is it? But you have done so well today and I know how hard it has been for you. Will be praying that bathtime and bedtime present no further problems. Also praying for your depression. xx

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks you guys! This means the world to me. Bath time was without incident and now we are off to bed....I say "we" because I lay down with him 'til he falls asleep which can take up to an hour and a half! Praying he will fall asleep quickly and easily....

God bless each of you!

Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you guys so much! Andrew took almost two hours to fall asleep last night. Today I am volunteering and praying that I can make it through the day without being too tired, stressed or having to leave early.

I really appreciate all of the support. You guys and your prayers and support got me through! Thank you!

Upvote 0