Dallas
✟887,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I question if this is correct. Look closely and see if what they believe is not merely SIMILAR in SOME ways to Purgatory.

The notion of purgatory is associated particularly with the Latin Rite of the Catholic Church (in the Eastern sui juris churches or rites it is a doctrine, though it is not often called "purgatory", but the "final purification" or the "final theosis").

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟887,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I see. You are speaking of the Eastern rites within the Catholic Church (usually called the Roman Catholic Church).

When you wrote "Oriental ", I thought you were referring to the Oriental Orthodox churches (like the Copts) instead.

Unless I’m mistaken Wikipedia says they are the same.

The Eastern Catholic Churches or Oriental Catholic Churches, also called the Eastern-rite Catholic Churches, and in some historical cases Uniate Churches,[a] are twenty-three Eastern Christian particular churches sui iuris in full communion with the Pope in Rome

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The Oriental Orthodox are a group of churches similar in most ways to the Eastern Orthodox churches (often called Greek Orthodox). The Eastern Catholic churches, so called, are Orthodox in style but have accepted the Pope of Rome as head of their churches and so are part of his church. They are often called Uniate churches for that reason.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Unless I’m mistaken Wikipedia says they are the same.

The Eastern Catholic Churches or Oriental Catholic Churches, also called the Eastern-rite Catholic Churches, and in some historical cases Uniate Churches,[a] are twenty-three Eastern Christian particular churches sui iuris in full communion with the Pope in Rome
It looks like you're trading message with somebody on my Ignore list. But still, I think you might have misunderstood some things.

There are Eastern Catholic churches, which use a lot of liturgical norms and whatnot of the East. But unlike the Eastern Orthodox and Oriental Orthodox, these Eastern Catholics accept the primacy of the Pope; the Orthodox (EO or OO) do not.

There's probably more to it than that but that's the short version.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟887,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Traditions of country boys, we’ll call it that then. Looks like you abide by the traditions of country boys.

No traditions of country boys are much different. Their more like always take a pig along fer good luck, don’t count yer chicken until they hatch, don’t try to teach an old dog new tricks, etc.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No traditions of country boys are much different. Their more like always take a pig along fer good luck, don’t count yer chicken until they hatch, don’t try to teach an old dog new tricks, etc.

And.......they don't spit into the wind!

• Haha
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums