• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Psychedelics, Marijuana and...Christianity?!

Jon Fairhurst

Jan 16, 2018
Blacksburg
✟7,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I was gonna share my experience this year but my browser erased the whole post and I'm typing with thumbs. Let me just say that I have had both good and bad experiences with psychedelics, I began last year by putting my old innocent self to sleep and experimenting, only to run into my old, innocent, and very much awake self at the peak of the cycle. I came to realize things that would spell the recipe to achieving a healthy and controlled mind for the first time ever. Personally I believe God can use whatever He wishes to call someone to Him. I firmly believe God put the people in my life where they are and put psychedelics in my life to turn me around and wake me up. For that, as God has used it for me, so I now use them for God. I see psychedelics as a method of exploring the nature of the mind and knowing God better through it, for deep expression and art, and for the sheer beauty of a good psychedelic experience. Acid is essentially an amplifier of the depth of your mind. If you're selfish, you will experience a selfish trip, terrorizing agony where there is actual weeping and, no joke, gnashing of teeth. If your heart is in the right place and you're happy and peaceful, you're gonna have a rather blissful time. Basically, if you had a bad trip, it's not the drugs fault, and if you see hell on the drug, you were already infected with hell before you took the drugs. These chemicals hold no power over us that we don't give them. The fact that they're schedule 1, yet brought me and countless others to God, and aren't dangerous if used responsibly, tells me maybe Nixon wasn't thinking entirely of our health, and further research has shown me maybe the drug war is actually largely based in bold faced bigotry. Stimulants, I hold a negative view on because of their negative effects on the body. But weed and psychedelics don't differ from the fruit of the Spirit, so I see no problem in using them for edifying purposes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheoCrooks

Dec 18, 2018
Eugene
✟15,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey. Just wanted to say that I'm happy people are tackling subjects like this instead of just blindly calling anything "pharmakeia" and not to do it. Apparently pharmakeia meant witchcraft, which was often tied to drugs, but drugs isn't clearly defined. I had an experience on marijuana that brought me to Jesus so I can't say that it's bad, although I dont smoke it anymore. I have been looking into trying to find a way to connect with God more when I dont feel like the traditional methods of prayer, reading the Bible, church, fellowship, or others are bringing me closer. The Bible says that his sheep hear his voice and I dont think I'm hearing it. Or if I am, I'm having a real hard time discerning that it's him, so I just throw out everything that could be God speaking to me for fear of it not being him. So I've looked into psychedelics. I'm still not sure yet though.

Upvote 0

TheoCrooks

Dec 18, 2018
Eugene
✟15,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
*blind post*

You know, I've always thought that the devil goes harder after people that have a special calling on their lives, and I do belive in the devil and his antics. ;)
That's what I keep telling myself, lol. That way I dont feel so bad that I'm having a hard time when I feel like I'm truly asking/seeking/knocking to get to a deeper place with God.

(PS - As a christian, the guilt is NOT for YOU to carry. Continuing to carry it will only delay where you should be. Why carry a cross that's been taken up for you already? If your'e having trouble deciding whether you really do want to give it up, then I pray for your salvation or recommittment. :)

Thanks for summing it up like this.

Upvote 0