Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,309.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
the afterlife is the only thing necessary to take seriously
For myself what I take seriously is having God as my reality in life, today where He is needed the most. All else after that is up to God.

Reactions: JohnEmmett
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
1. I care about factual accuracy and keep correcting {another member}
I find it puzzling that certain people get annoyed when they are corrected yet, seemingly, make no effort to check the accuracy of what they are posting. I think I have a responsibility to all potential readers to make all reaonable efforts to ensure my posts are accurate, that uncertainties are noted and opinions are identified as such. That not only benefits others, but meets my personal need to post honestly. As far as I can see, having read many of your posts over the years, you follow a similar ethos.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,683.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I did not say space ship. I said rocket.

You did say space ship. I quoted you directly. Here it is again: "Musk is the first person to land a space ship."

You followed up with "He now builds all the rockets for NASA."

So, wrong on multiple accounts:
Musk wasn't the first person to land a space ship. He also wasn't the first person to land a rocket. He also doesn't build all the rockets for NASA.

SpaceX can lay claim to be the first company to land a re-usable commercial rocket after a successful orbital flight.

The rockets for the space shuttle were a one-shot deal.

Errr, no.

The Solid Rocket Boosters for the Space Shuttle were reusable. Each was made up of four main segments (each comprised of a number of sub-segments). Segments were rated for 20 launches each and mixed and matched between shuttle missions. They most launches I can find for any particular segment is 11 launches although I've seen some unsourced statements that some segments may have been used in as many as 32 launches.

The only part of the Space Shuttle that wasn't reusable was the main fuel tank.

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,683.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm going stop your sharp as marble

Irony-Meter-200px-no-margins.png

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Solid Rocket Boosters for the Space Shuttle were reusable. Each was made up of four main segments (each comprised of a number of sub-segments). Segments were rated for 20 launches each and mixed and matched between shuttle missions. They most launches I can find for any particular segment is 11 launches although I've seen some unsourced statements that some segments may have been used in as many as 32 launches.

The only part of the Space Shuttle that wasn't reusable was the main fuel tank.
They were completely disassembled and refurbished after use. It was reused but certainly not fill it up and go as you seem to imply

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
They were completely disassembled and refurbished after use. It was reused but certainly not fill it up and go as you seem to imply

What part of "segments mixed and matched" made you think that was the claim?

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Implication that the SS parts were just "refilled" and launched again. The one you seem to think @Gene2memE was making.
Correct because the Boosters was a one shot deal as well. After recovering it had to be completely disassembled and refurbished before it could be reused.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Correct because the Boosters was a one shot deal as well. After recovering it had to be completely disassembled and refurbished before it could be reused.

I know. I'm from the 80s. The SS was "my" space program.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
MOD HAT ON
D54D1DCA-F8C8-4D30-A77B-AAB3DD412DEE.jpeg

FRIENDLY REMINDER TO BE FRIENDLY AND NOT FLAME EACH OTHER
MOD HAT OFF

Last edited:
Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
For myself what I take seriously is having God as my reality in life, today where He is needed the most. All else after that is up to God.
Yes. as He says today: "Today, if you will hear His Voice..."
I forget what follows, I think some of .... and repent, turn to Him away from sin (today)...

Yes, today. By His Grace we Live.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Oprah is yet another in a long line of feel-good self-helpers who promote this self-centered worldview, to the detriment of the traditional spirituality that people used to anchor their lives in. I can't stand her, and the fact that she promotes something makes me less likely to believe it than if she didn't do so. (See, e.g., the James Frey controversy.)

I sometimes wonder if money literally poisons the brain. Woo seems very pervasive among famous people who have a lot of disposable income.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I sometimes wonder if money literally poisons the brain. Woo seems very pervasive among famous people who have a lot of disposable income.

-CryptoLutheran
Yes, money, commerce, investing, hollywood, flipping houses/property, ungodly profits, ungodly prophets , greed, all clearly revealed in Scripture.

Upvote 0