Akron
✟70,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
An Arctic Vortex is a large area of low pressure and cold air surrounding the earth's poles, particularly over the Arctic. It is a natural weather phenomenon that occurs in the winter months.

The Law of Attraction Vortex, on the other hand, is a term used in the self-help and spiritual communities to describe a concept that is based on the idea that a person's thoughts and feelings can attract positive experiences and outcomes into their life. It is not a scientifically recognized term and is considered to be a pseudoscience.

Oprah Winfrey has spoken about the law of attraction and its relationship to money and success. However, it is not clear if she explicitly supports the idea that the law of attraction can be used to specifically attract money. Oprah has been known to promote positive thinking and personal development and has encouraged people to believe in themselves and their ability to achieve their goals, which are principles that are often associated with the law of attraction. However, she has also emphasized the importance of hard work and taking action in order to achieve financial success.

Reactions: Halbhh

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Oprah: "Hello everyone, and welcome to today's show! Today, we're going to be talking about the vortex - a concept that's been gaining a lot of attention in the self-help and spiritual communities. The vortex is all about harnessing the power of your thoughts, emotions, and beliefs to attract what you want in life.

Now, I know that this may sound a little out there, but I've been on this journey of self-discovery for many years now, and I can tell you that the power of your mind and your thoughts is truly incredible. So, today, we're going to explore the vortex, and I hope that by the end of this program, you'll have a better understanding of how you can use this concept to create the life that you want."

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
An Arctic Vortex is a large area of low pressure and cold air surrounding the earth's poles, particularly over the Arctic. It is a natural weather phenomenon that occurs in the winter months.

The Law of Attraction Vortex, on the other hand, is a term used in the self-help and spiritual communities to describe a concept that is based on the idea that a person's thoughts and feelings can attract positive experiences and outcomes into their life. It is not a scientifically recognized term and is considered to be a pseudoscience.

Oprah Winfrey has spoken about the law of attraction and its relationship to money and success. However, it is not clear if she explicitly supports the idea that the law of attraction can be used to specifically attract money. Oprah has been known to promote positive thinking and personal development and has encouraged people to believe in themselves and their ability to achieve their goals, which are principles that are often associated with the law of attraction. However, she has also emphasized the importance of hard work and taking action in order to achieve financial success.
I agree with this to a measure or degree but if one just looks to being positive almost like being their god and not looking to the true God in prayer for him to be their supporter then I think they just end up feeling like they're just an empty cup and life loses it's meaning.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟428,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Oprah is yet another in a long line of feel-good self-helpers who promote this self-centered worldview, to the detriment of the traditional spirituality that people used to anchor their lives in. I can't stand her, and the fact that she promotes something makes me less likely to believe it than if she didn't do so. (See, e.g., the James Frey controversy.)

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now, I know that this may sound a little out there, but I've been on this journey of self-discovery for many years now, and I can tell you that the power of your mind and your thoughts is truly incredible.
Well, sure. to a degree. Who can deny that our thoughts have a strong influence on the quality of our lives. That is why we must be vigilant with them. But do they somehow extend out into the cosmos and alter the occurrence of events? Certainly there can be no scientific evidence supporting that. And I am a guy who bough a metallic pyramid to wear on my head in the 70's. I am susceptible to pseudoscience. It appeals to me. Otherwise called 'Wu". I love it. So I must be especially careful with this kind of stuff. Vortex indeed!

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nope, no idea what you're talking about.
All you have to do is search if you really are interested and want to learn something.
At the risk of propagating Wu:

What Is The Vortex?​

Vortex is an energetic stream that belongs to our source. It is a sphere of high vibrations only, and by connecting to it, is what makes everything possible.

there. I did a little homework for you. you are welcome.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
All you have to do is search if you really are interested and want to learn something.
At the risk of propagating Wu:

What Is The Vortex?​

Vortex is an energetic stream that belongs to our source. It is a sphere of high vibrations only, and by connecting to it, is what makes everything possible.

there. I did a little homework for you. you are welcome.

Bit rude, but thank you.

And this has any bearing on physical and life sciences, how? Because it does just look like woo and also just reads like a repackaging of karmic beliefs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The Future of Life after Death on Netflix talks about storing our biographical info on tree DNA and having it project a hologram of us.
Disney had hologram technology in 1970. I went to Orlando because I wanted to build some of that stuff but the only job they had was building apartment buildings. They were desperate to find workers for that. Also, they talk about that sort of technology in Heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
And this has any bearing on physical and life sciences, how?
My father was a medical doctor and for 50 years he used the power of suggestion and the power of positive thinking. We sometimes call this the placebo effect. SO science requires you to go BEYOND this. We know there is value in positive thinking. We have motivational speakers and even coaches are supposed to motivate their teams to get the best results. My dad use to do hypnosis and he would hypnotize a whole audience. He was a popular speaker and he would get a lot of invitations.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The Future of Life after Death on Netflix talks about storing our biographical info on tree DNA and having it project a hologram of us.
Yes, they talk about how your plant can store all the information for your computer. I won a bet because they said memory could not survive death. Our memory could be stored on our atoms and survive cremation. The atoms in our body could store all the information on the internet. Again, I got my son to do the math.

Several zettabytes (2,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 bytes)
of data, or billions of gigabytes on the internet.
7 octillion -------------(7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) atoms in our body.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes, they talk about how your plant can store all the information for your computer. I won a bet because they said memory could not survive death. Our memory could be stored on our atoms and survive cremation. The atoms in our body could store all the information on the internet. Again, I got my son to do the math.

Several zettabytes (2,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 bytes)
of data, or billions of gigabytes on the internet.
7 octillion -------------(7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) atoms in our body.

What is the method of storage?

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Binary with bits and bytes. Computer language.
Binary is not a language, and more importantly, not a storage mechanism.

If I had some non-organic materials I might use Giant Magnetoresistance to impart magnetic domains that record patterns of bits. In this case, the "single atom" sits on a substrate, not all atoms would be useful. (This is also non-organic.)

Upvote 0