Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That is lower case universal church, not the uppercase R.C.C. There is a very distinct difference between these church entities.
Roman Catholicism itself maintains that the Roman Catholic Church was established by Christ when he gave direction to the Apostle Peter as the head of the church.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
CF does not like for me to voice my opinion on the matter. At a later date I will ask them if I can post some certain scriptures on the subject.
That’s ok. Don’t bother on my account.

I am fine with the Nice e Creed and don’t need additional information.

But thank you anyway.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
CF2A46CA-1481-4D42-A44A-24F4A2423567.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
When I just saw a video story that at the funeral of GHW Bush the congregation recited the Apostles Creed except for Donald and Milenia Trump it made me wonder about something. When Protestant leaders and sects were rejecting so many things of the Catholic religion and theology over the centuries, why didn't they also come to reject the foundations of the same Papist religion, i.e. the New Testament and creeds?! How could a good Baptist like Jimmy Carter, or the Episcopalian Bushes, or good Anabaptists or even members of other denominations recite a creed that sounds like it was written in the Vatican regarding the Holy Catholic Church etc.?!
Maybe Milenia and Donald have carried Protestantism to its logical end and rejected the entire package? After all, it was the ancient Roman church that gave everything to the Christian world....

Roughly speaking, about two thirds in Trinitarian Congregations believe God is part of a Trinity; the other third do not believe God is part of a Trinity. Roughly speaking.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Roughly speaking, about two thirds in Trinitarian Congregations believe God is part of a Trinity...
???
That seems oxymoronic to me; that one can be Trinitarian and reject the Trinity.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

That part of the bible is doubtful because it does not agree with other scriptures.

The word "Hell" is not found in the original bible script.

“he descended into hell” was not found in any of the early versions of the Creed (in the versions used in Rome, in the rest of Italy, and in Africa) until it appeared in one of two versions from Rufinus in A.D. 390.

1 Peter 3:19

19 After being made alive,"[a] he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits—

Footnotes:
  1. 1 Peter 3:19 Or but made alive in the spirit, 19 in which also

1 Peter 3:19 KJV
19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Roughly speaking, about two thirds in Trinitarian Congregations believe God is part of a Trinity; the other third do not believe God is part of a Trinity. Roughly speaking.
Who do the “other” Trinitarian congregations think the trinity even would be if not God?

Do you have any reputable resources to support these numbers or even who these organizations are or who or what criteria is used to define Trinitarian?

This seems sketchy but I am asking for proof

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Who do the “other” Trinitarian congregations think the trinity even would be if not God?

Do you have any reputable resources to support these numbers or even who these organizations are or who or what criteria is used to define Trinitarian?

This seems sketchy but I am asking for proof
Different studies give different answers. It is a certainty that it is true, what is not known is the exact percent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Different studies give different answers. It is a certainty that it is true, what is not known is the exact percent.
What reliable study did you get your numbers from? Pls attach url link if applicable so I can check.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
It must not be Presidential to worship God to Trump and Trumpette.

How did we as a country get here :doh:

The Democrats are praying not the Republican

You actually were there from the very beginning of the US, when it was established as a secular state.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
When I just saw a video story that at the funeral of GHW Bush the congregation recited the Apostles Creed except for Donald and Milenia Trump it made me wonder about something. When Protestant leaders and sects were rejecting so many things of the Catholic religion and theology over the centuries, why didn't they also come to reject the foundations of the same Papist religion, i.e. the New Testament and creeds?! How could a good Baptist like Jimmy Carter, or the Episcopalian Bushes, or good Anabaptists or even members of other denominations recite a creed that sounds like it was written in the Vatican regarding the Holy Catholic Church etc.?!
Maybe Milenia and Donald have carried Protestantism to its logical end and rejected the entire package? After all, it was the ancient Roman church that gave everything to the Christian world....

Personally, I'ld just conclude that Trump and Trumpette, aren't actually religious...

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,566.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually it was the Protestants who removed the apocrypha. I am not debating whether it was right or wrong, just pointing out historical fact.

Well, Protestants didn't actually remove it either. That is to say, there aren't any denominational decrees to be found that it should be removed.

As far as history can be searched, bible publishers realized it had weak support and decided to omit it to save money...and Protestants didn't protest its absence. And so here we are.

I've got a couple of "Protestant" bibles that contain it. As I said, there was never actually a decree from any Protestant body that it should be excised.

• Informative
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0