Visit site
✟445,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
NDEs can be so orthodox, but they can also be so unorthodox. Thus, it is best not to put too much stock in them. Even my own grandfather has had a NDE.
And i suppose you will leave us hanging on what he saw. :p

Upvote 0

Winter

Jesus, let it be ok
Jan 18, 2009
New England
✟25,253.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There have been folks who briefly went to the other side and found their pets greeting them. That's why I believe our pets go to heaven. Yeah, yeah, I know .. its unbiblical, etc., etc. But I don't care. They're there. :cool:

By the way, "wings" are often used to describe angels - but supposedly angels have light - an aura- described as wings. A child may perceive such light as wings and has no other way to describe it.

Also I believe the boy's father is a minister so its possible that he may have instructed his boy about biblical figures, so I wonder if any of that comes into play. But I don't doubt NDEs.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I know that my gandfather saw heaven as he was dying. He had a stroke many years before and was deteriorating. He was dying and out of it mostly when my mom died. My grandmother decided to not tell him she was gone because we would have to tell him every day.

Everyday he asked for her because she always came to see him, no matter how sick she was. But he did not have a time sense really.

The day he died you could tell it was happening. The last thing my grandfather did was sit up in bed and look at the bottom of the bed where no one was and smile and say " (my mothers name) There you are"

And died.

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Recently my daughters dog died and tonight I was speaking to her on the phone and asked how her sons were dealing with "Georges" death (they have a new dog now)...she said 5yr old Jakob sometimes says that "George" talks to him.

i saw that in a movie, it was called Son Of Sam

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
There have been folks who briefly went to the other side and found their pets greeting them. That's why I believe our pets go to heaven. Yeah, yeah, I know .. its unbiblical, etc., etc. But I don't care. They're there. :cool:

By the way, "wings" are often used to describe angels - but supposedly angels have light - an aura- described as wings. A child may perceive such light as wings and has no other way to describe it.

Also I believe the boy's father is a minister so its possible that he may have instructed his boy about biblical figures, so I wonder if any of that comes into play. But I don't doubt NDEs.

it is not just unbiblical- that is teaching against the Church which states that animal have material souls that cease to exist when they expire-

of course, the theologians that taught that are now saints

Upvote 0

Vendetta

Convert to the RCC
Nov 4, 2008
Michigan
✟16,831.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And i suppose you will leave us hanging on what he saw. :p

Just the general out-of-body floating above yourself, extremely peaceful. He's an excommunicated Catholic (married outside the Church) who believes that one denomination doesn't have all the Truth.

Upvote 0
B

Basil the Great

Well, he said something that Catholics have been saying for quite some time...
This little boy could see his dad while he sat on the lap of the Lord.

What makes ppl say 'dead' ppl cannot see us?
Which i dislike that whole - 'dead' concept because the 2nd death is hell.

BUT rather he has proven they can....they hear our prayers thru the grace of God. He heard his fathers prayers... with the Lord.

I mean, if the parents reflect enough - they will see the truths of Catholicism in this.:thumbsup:

Just as he could see, the Saints with the Lord can see and the Lord if the Saints ask, can answer us thru their request.

Ahhhhhh - animals in Heaven. :thumbsup: I have heard that a few times - and i have no doubt.
But thats another topic, really.[/quot

How certain are we that the boy has not been baptized? As I have stated here previously, I have read where Ultra-Traditional Catholics believe that Protestant children below the age of reason who have received valid baptism are Catholics for purposes of salvation and will go to Heaven if they die before the age of reason.

Upvote 0

CruciFixed

Nov 17, 2008
Akron, Ohio
✟6,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Wevarent 100 per cent sure that he wasn't. I just find it unlikely because our old protestant pastor would not baptize any child who could not both ask for it themselves and understand it. And if Gwendolyn is right then I dont know why a baptist minister would think it is necessary to perform a baptism on a child so young. But maybe they did perform it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

Basil the Great

I believe that it was stated that this man is a pastor of a Wesleyan Church, even though he is an ordained Baptist minister? According to a Google search I did, most websites claim that the Wesleyan Church permits infant baptism, though some say that the denomination opposes such. It seems that there is a difference of opinoin here. Anyway, if he was serving in a local parish which does practice infant baptism, I suppose he might have baptized his son?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,894.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Has anyone read this book?

I read both versions of the book..... saw the movie.... and loved it. The openess by Pastor Todd Burpo about his near blasphemy level prayers with anger sure impressed me as sincere..... The whole story does.....

Upvote 0