Proposed Changes the SDA doctrine in order to make more accurate and based on the Bible And not EGW

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This passage just came to my mind

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That's correct :) But I love the people!

Why is it important to you to join a denomination? Can you fellowship with Christians who don't share the same beliefs as you do about some things?
Look at the controversy here over just the Sabbath. SDA's have other distinctive beliefs too. Any discussion of scripture would turn into hard feelings, I've run into that too. I worked for a guy who when he found out my beliefs would not give me the medical benefits he promised me when I went to work for him.

Also I live in a small area and there are no other Sabbath keeping churches within driving distance.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Look at the controversy here over just the Sabbath. SDA's have other distinctive beliefs too. Any discussion of scripture would turn into hard feelings, I've run into that too.
Discussions over the scriptures don't have to turn into hard feelings :) A place like CF can be good practice imo.

I worked for a guy who when he found out my beliefs would not give me the medical benefits he promised me when I went to work for him.
Also I live in a small area and there are no other Sabbath keeping churches within driving distance.
Well, if you feel that you have to have a holy assembly on Saturday, then you can always have one in your house. You can invite everyone in your area who is interested in worshiping with you.

Then you could always go to another church on Sunday and worship alongside the believers there.

Reactions: tall73
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Look at the controversy here over just the Sabbath. SDA's have other distinctive beliefs too. Any discussion of scripture would turn into hard feelings, I've run into that too. I worked for a guy who when he found out my beliefs would not give me the medical benefits he promised me when I went to work for him.

Yeah, I haven't found that. I have found folks outside of Adventism who keep sabbath, and no one has an issue with it. I have had discussions of what the Scriptures say about death from various perspectives, and people did not get upset about it.

I was in a church that went verse by verse through Revelation, comparing the views of the members from historicist, to futurist, to partial preterist, and folks still got along fine, and learned from each other.

Of course, that might be because I was going to a church that doesn't spell out every doctrine, and let's people study the Scriptures for themselves, while agreeing on some basics regarding the gospel, Scripture as God's word, etc.

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Look at the Jews of Christ's day. They were a truly fallen chutch as they were not following scripture. They had their own man made traditions and those are what they followed when the two conflicted. AH and you are in the same boat. You don't follow the Biblical truths the church teaches.

We have to go with what we see in Scripture, despite your truth claim. But if you would like to discuss any of the proposed doctrinal revisions suggested by AH, feel free.

• Friendly
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We have to go with what we see in Scripture, despite your truth claim. But if you would like to discuss any of the proposed doctrinal revisions suggested by AH, feel free.
I tried discussing them with him but no way wes there a cisucxxion. He just kept saying things that are untrue. Look in the Evangelical Adventist forum and you'll see what I mean.

Upvote 0