Visit site
✟50,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In a measure of Faith from the Throne of God, I find a straight and narrow path. What is that path and what does it mean? I see Light and darkness, I see Right and left, I see a choice given by the Gift of Grace! But to choose which path to take, requires Wisdom and Knowledge not from this earth. How then do we divide that which is from the left or the right or that which is of darkness or of the Light?

I say, by the Grace of God, through His Eternal plan. That small seed planted long ago, that seed is the image of God in every soul at the moment of conception and that which has been given the breathe of Life at the appointed time of birth. So then how shall I hear, know or understand the undiluted Word of God; that which has not been dipped in the doctrine of men's thinking and wisdom?

Was Noah taught by man or God? Was Abraham given a bible to read and understand Faith when he was about to sacrifice his son? Has Daniel written the Word of Prophecy by permission from a home church or shepherd in the field?

Nay not by man nor beast have I received wisdom, but from the Wisdom that flow from the Throne of God, through the gift that His Son, Jesus Christ promised to "all" that are called to God; accordingly He who adds to the Church daily, them that shall be saved. We plant and water, but God gives the increase! If I prophecy against the Will of God, to Him I shall stand or fall. I ought to obey God rather than man!

If I receive an unction from "His Holy Spirit" I shall speak that which I hear in the ear for Faith come by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. For God's thought are not our thoughts, nor are our thought God's thoughts.

Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
1 Corinthians 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

The bible is a blue print to the Wisdom of God written by man by the Inspiration of the Spirit of God.

But for now because He is Spirit we must Worship Him in Spirit and in Truth! But because He is in Him and He in me we are one with Him, we have the mind of Christ and know that which is of Him through Faith!

A Brother in Christ,
IXOYE5 Watchman on TheWall (@IXOYE5) | Twitter
Articles of Faith :groupray:

Upvote 0

IXOYE5

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
In God's Hands
Visit site
✟50,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blessings in Christ Jesus. Even though the years have passed by, I still feel The Lord in your words as you write them in here.This brings me great joy as It confirms to me that you are still in the palm of His Hand, as is your brother in Christ.
God bless you my little brother in Christ, I see we are still one in Him! :)

Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the reply

All in Gods Time not ours.

I would not seek out one. If it is in Gods will you will hear.

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

1 John 4 [
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. ...
What is the kingdom of God?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,240.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I need to give another comment about my view that the character of a prophetic person needs to be validated by the leadership of a home church. I got my view checked out by a friend who has a itinerate prophetic ministry who felt that if I limited my view to just being a member of a home church, that would disqualify him from the prophetic ministry.

The difference for him is that he was for many years a pastor in an Elim Church, and was running the Gospel Faith Messenger Ministry at the same time. It came to the point where he had to choose between one and the other, so he chose to resign his pastorate and continue full-time in the GFM ministry. This ministry has been going since the late 1960s and has an excellent following right around the world. Also, the ministry team of GFM is made up of a number of sound, mature men who support my friend's ministry, and he is a teachable person, willing to listen to any of these men if necessary. I think that he does have a sound foundation for the validation of his character and ministry, even though he is not directly associated with a particular home church. After all, the church is not the structured organisation, it is the people, so a ministry like his, with a sound leadership of men, supported by a good group of people in his weekly prophetic equipping evenings and prophetic days, is validation enough.

This is quite different to a "lone ranger" person who has left his or her home church because of disagreements with the leadership, and is not associated with a sound ministry with a good leadership team. Often these people are basically unteachable, and if anyone questions them, they will say, "How dare you question me! I am a man/woman of God and I listen to the Holy Spirit, therefore you are questioning me from either the flesh or a wrong spirit." It is regrettable that their prophetic ministry is undermined by their unteachable character. There is no one to correct them if and when they start prophesying stuff that goes off beam.

We are seeing this with some TV "prophets" who will not take correction and use the verse "Touch not the Lord's anointed" and pronounces God's judgment on anyone who asks questions and seeks validation of that "prophet's" character and prophetic content. Every person has the right to examine and evaluate every prophetic word from anyone, including these big-name TV prophetic ministries. Just because some guy has big conferences, and televised programmes, it does not mean that he is automatically right and correct. We have seen too many of these who have been exposed as adulterers and embezzlers of funds, because they have appear too big to be mentored and advised by a leadership team.

Reactions: Johnsloan
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

It is heavenly; for the God of heaven sets it up, that is, exalts it. It is evidently a holy kingdom; for the will of God is to be done in it as in heaven. Luke 11:2: “And he said unto them, when ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name: Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.” It is a righteous kingdom. See Romans 14:17: “For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.” TKOG 5.1

It is an everlasting kingdom-“shall stand forever,” says our text. Psalm 24:7-Psalm 145:12, 13: “To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom. Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endureth throughout all generations.” Daniel 7:14, 27: “And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.” “And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the Most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.” Hebrews 12:28: “Wherefore, we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably, with reverence and godly fear.” 2 Peter 1:11: “For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.” Revelation 11:15: And the seventh angel sounded: and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign forever and ever.” Revelation 22:5: “And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign forever and ever.”

Read more at this site The Kingdom of God

Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is heavenly; for the God of heaven sets it up, that is, exalts it. It is evidently a holy kingdom; for the will of God is to be done in it as in heaven. Luke 11:2: “And he said unto them, when ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name: Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.” It is a righteous kingdom. See Romans 14:17: “For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.” TKOG 5.1

It is an everlasting kingdom-“shall stand forever,” says our text. Psalm 24:7-Psalm 145:12, 13: “To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom. Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endureth throughout all generations.” Daniel 7:14, 27: “And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.” “And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the Most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.” Hebrews 12:28: “Wherefore, we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably, with reverence and godly fear.” 2 Peter 1:11: “For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.” Revelation 11:15: And the seventh angel sounded: and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign forever and ever.” Revelation 22:5: “And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign forever and ever.”

Read more at this site The Kingdom of God
I much prefer to talk with you than with the guy who wrote that. See you made a statement and I would have liked to talk with you. Then I would know if you know what you said. If you said it becuase you understand it and walk in it. But now you googled its and I am unsure. I am here looking for like minded people, who know who they are and what they are through Christ. And what He has done and what He has restored us to.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I much prefer to talk with you than with the guy who wrote that. See you made a statement and I would have liked to talk with you. Then I would know if you know what you said. If you said it becuase you understand it and walk in it. But now you googled its and I am unsure. I am here looking for like minded people, who know who they are and what they are through Christ. And what He has done and what He has restored us to.

Rest assured that I know what I posted. You asked a question

And I chose to respond with a well documented (biblical) paper. It lays out exactly what I believe and what my walk is.

I am sure you will find like minded posters on this site, but as I have learned from reading posts that contain information that is different from my understanding of the Scriptures it has strengthened my resolve when I see the error that they post.

If you are only looking to have discussion with like minded folks then I suggest that you go to the denomination only portion of this forum and find that forum that best fits your beliefs .

My God Bless you in your search of the truth.

Happy Sabbath

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
This seems to be a discussion that has missed the mark ,on the calling of a prophet.
But as always religion will confuse the truth of the kingdom.
To make it clear ,a prophet is not a Oracle nor mystic.
The operation of a prophet in the Church age is less demanding than before Christ.
All people who are filled with the Holy Spirit have a calling to good works.
The Prophet today like yesterday has the gift of diserning of spirits.
The Prophet may know ,but be instructed not to tell.
The Prophet sees the hand of God in lives ,and sees darkness over people as well.
Often the prophet speaks ,at a moment's notice ,it is not scripted and the words are from the Holy Spirit.
Prophets often are mistaken for angry people ,sarcastic and mean spirited.
It is only the desire to please God that drives their emotions ,thry see and cannot say often.
They must abide close in God's will and work in His time no matter what they know.
Prophets are rarely used in the Church for Works due to restraints.
Prophets have the authority to speak to who ever ,and will if called to.
Prophets rebuke and praise the works of others.
But Prophets are not fortune tellers ,and their calling is among believers ,and non believers.
To speak over someone is a rare occasion that signs will follow.
It is a spiritual conversation that transcends the environment around you.
It is utterance in the Spirit that may be a answer to a prayer ,or a calling of God.
It is not common place.

• Winner
Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This seems to be a discussion that has missed the mark ,on the calling of a prophet.
The operation of a prophet in the Church age is less demanding than before Christ.
The Prophet sees the hand of God in lives ,and sees darkness over people as well.
Often the prophet speaks ,at a moment's notice ,it is not scripted and the words are from the Holy Spirit.
It is only the desire to please God that drives their emotions ,thry see and cannot say often.
They must abide close in God's will and work in His time no matter what they know.
But Prophets are not fortune tellers ,and their calling is among believers ,and non believers.
It is utterance in the Spirit that may be a answer to a prayer ,or a calling of God.
It is not common place.
Amen! Finally somebody here understands the office of the prophet....thank you for sharing this. We are definitely misunderstood quite often. SMH.

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is not common place.

And if a prophet would per chance come by these boards, what would he see? And if led to write, what would he write? Would he draw attention to himself and what would be the proper avatar?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
And if a prophet would per chance come by these boards, what would he see? And if led to write, what would he write? Would he draw attention to himself and what would be the proper avatar?

I don't know ,but what I do know is He or She would not have any mystery gift,that is uncommon.

Ephesians 4:7-12 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Prophesy is a gift for the ministry, to build up the body of Christ.
My point was that often people give a special meaning to the gift.
It becomes almost mystic to some ,and I believe that is not the will of Christ for this gift.

• Agree
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Amen! Finally somebody here understands the office of the prophet....thank you for sharing this. We are definitely misunderstood quite often. SMH.

Thank you for the compliment ,as far as gifts go I do not confess them to others because I know they are all of the same Spirit ,and are manifested at His good pleasure.
We are encouraged to seek the gifts.
Paul is teaching in first Corinthians ,based on a letter with questions sent to him.
It is thought that the chronological order of the epistial is reversed with 2nd Corinthians, and there was a 3rd Corinthian letter that God did not include in His Word.

• Agree
Upvote 0