Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are a lot of reasons experiments fail or get weird results and it's a bit of a jump to say the earth is flat as a result.
HUNDREDS of experiments. Using lasers, radar, radiowaves, optical, any line of sight you can imagine. Consistently seeing MUCH further than we should. There's even one in the OP video.

Speaking of which, what are your thoughts on the Eratosthenes experiment?
How does the math work on that with a flat earth?

Easy. The experiment assumes a distant sun with rays coming at the same angle. A close sun with crepuscular rays would achieve the same result. This is in fact admitted by DeGrasse Tyson in some video where he states the experiment requires three holes/ poles, not two.

See, you shouldn't just dismiss FE. Everyone starts out saying 'This is rubbish, I can debunk it in a minute'. But that enquiry has led to the conversion of so many, including engineers, physicists, surveyors, pilots, ballistics experts and many other just normal ppl who've been prepared to follow the evidence.

If you're so inclined, you might check out these channels:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3Z5IVoNE5cP2kka5svUEBw/videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqjHW3sIVWspvEw9yRW_Hcw/videos

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
To the other flat side? You would have to be able to see the edge.
I'm sorry "renniks" but it is obvious that you are just beginning to research the idea of a flat earth, or debunk it. This is deduced from the questions you are asking.

May I suggest the video below. I post this one based on the simple fact that the speaker, Rob Skiba, states at the beginning.. "don't believe me, go search for yourself.

It is lengthy but I believe it will answer a lot of the questions you have. It may not convince you... but.. at least you will understand where FE'ers are coming from.

Please don't be like the many who argue about things that they have not thoroughly investigated. There are all kinds of videos, like this one. I just picked this due to my previous stated reason.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please don't be like the many who argue about things that they have not thoroughly investigated. There are all kinds of videos, like this one. I just picked this due to my previous stated reason.
No thanks. If you can't answer the most basic questions, why would I watch your video?

If the Earth is formed like a coin, there's obviously edges. Where are they located?

Upvote 0

LockeeDeck

Mar 14, 2021
Los Angeles
✟31,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
HUNDREDS of experiments. Using lasers, radar, radiowaves, optical, any line of sight you can imagine. Consistently seeing MUCH further than we should. There's even one in the OP video.

Yeah about that, your math is wrong.

Easy. The experiment assumes a distant sun with rays coming at the same angle. A close sun with crepuscular rays would achieve the same result. This is in fact admitted by DeGrasse Tyson in some video where he states the experiment requires three holes/ poles, not two.

Except that if the sun was that close it's gravity would affect us differently. Gravity as a concept doesn't work at all in a FE model. Globes are formed because of gravity, other shapes can't maintain themselves.

See, you shouldn't just dismiss FE. Everyone starts out saying 'This is rubbish, I can debunk it in a minute'. But that enquiry has led to the conversion of so many, including engineers, physicists, surveyors, pilots, ballistics experts and many other just normal ppl who've been prepared to follow the evidence.

But the only way to even allow for an FE model is to throw out TONS of evidence and say it's a vast conspiracy to fool you. The live stream from the ISS for example or pictures from the Apollo missions. Any new scientific model has to explain existing and established evidence not just throw it out.

I'm sure they make the same mistakes you do.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
No thanks. If you can't answer the most basic questions, why would I watch your video?

If the Earth is formed like a coin, there's obviously edges. Where are they located?
Ah... I see. You claim that I can't answer it while ignoring the video that I posted that does just that.

I'll give you these two and the rest.. you have to go do some homework.. Like watching a complete explanation of the FE.. based on the bible... from a solid Christian man who knows this inside and out and actually tells you not to believe him... prove him wrong even...

So.. here goes...

Per the FE model. The earth is a plate. Antarctica forms an ice wall around the edge.. all 360 degrees. The edge is beyond this in a region that is freezing cold. The north pole is in the center. You can sail and fly and drive round and round... You cannot get to the edge because:
1/ it's a super harsh climate.
2/ This area is protected by a 70 year multi international treaty that only allows you to go on specific application. It's not like you can go to Antarctica.. pack up some sled dogs and supplies and go for a hike.
You can go as a tourist.. but not like a tourist in Florida or Mexico or Australia... you cannot just head down there and roam around. Plus.. you'd die from exposure.

In answer to your question... "why would I watch your video"?

1/ It's not "my" video.
2/ It will answer all the other simple questions you are going to ask.

Do you think that you are the only person to ever ask these things? Meanwhile, there is so many educated, intelligent people who believe so strongly in the FE that there are actually international FE conferences around the world.

So, if you have even read all of this, I bet your back to "this is stupid" which puts you right back where you started, along with every single person who ever heard of the FE view.

Some will do research and then believe. Some will do research and not believe. Some don't care. Some care but refuse to investigate and will go around still stating that it's crazy and stupid... with know right to do so as they have not investigated it for themselves.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
/ it's a super harsh climate.
2/ This area is protected by a 70 year multi international treaty that only allows you to go on specific application. It's not like you can go to Antarctica.. pack up some sled dogs and supplies and go for a hike.
You can go as a tourist.. but not like a tourist in Florida or Mexico or Australia... you cannot just head down there and roam around. Plus.. you'd die from exposure.
Um, they make gear for that sort of thing. Plus Antarctica doesn't circle the entire globe, er I mean flat sphere. That is completely illogical, why would the entire outside edge be frozen? And anybody could fly to it, and over it whether you could walk it or not.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Um, they make gear for that sort of thing. Plus Antarctica doesn't circle the entire globe, er I mean flat sphere. That is completely illogical, why would the entire outside edge be frozen? And anybody could fly to it, and over it whether you could walk it or not.
Ya, those questions are all answered for you in all kinds of videos. Sure, I could post them all .. but.. you wouldn't watch them.

I really don't have the time to explain all of these basic FE 101 simple questions.

If you don't want to do some digging... that's fine with me. Just let it be known that the questions you are asking are basic questions asked by all who first fall into the FE explosion of latest review.

If you dig.. you will find that Admiral Byrd took an expedition to the antarctica and some of his planes did fly into something invisible. They thought that the Germans had an invisible force field.

They came back early and... well.. You really should look into "Operation High Jump" and "Operation Fish bowl" and "operation Dominique.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ya, those questions are all answered for you in all kinds of videos. Sure, I could post them all .. but.. you wouldn't watch them.

I really don't have the time to explain all of these basic FE 101 simple questions.

If you don't want to do some digging... that's fine with me. Just let it be known that the questions you are asking are basic questions asked by all who first fall into the FE explosion of latest review.

If you dig.. you will find that Admiral Byrd took an expedition to the antarctica and some of his planes did fly into something invisible. They thought that the Germans had an invisible force field.

They came back early and... well.. You really should look into "Operation High Jump" and "Operation Fish bowl" and "operation Dominique.

https://www.traveller.com.au/flight...-like-to-fly-over-the-frozen-continent-gqwdtt

Save your pennies and find out yourself... Like I said very easy to dis- prove

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

How to take a Qantas 747 jumbo jet to Antarctica

Save your pennies and find out yourself... Like I said very easy to dis- prove
Great.. if it's very easy to disprove.. you can debate any one of those that were keynote speakers at the conferences. They have evidence that would have you without retort.

Just FYI, I don't hold to the FE view. However, I have seen and I fully believe that there are events that cannot occur if our earth is a sphere.. the size that they say it is.

I also cannot sit by and let people state things like "where is the edge" and "how can you sail around it" or "ships go over the curve"... When this simply shows that they have researched nothing.

There are many many photos and videos of events and views that are totally impossible if the earth curves at 8 inches per mile squared.

If it's a sphere.... it's way way bigger than what we have been fed.

You don't watch my video.. but you post your own. By the way.. there are all kinds of videos showing stuff like this. Still not proof. There is all kinds of videos showing things that back up the FE... still not proof.

The most impressive thing I have seen is this video. Since you don't like to waste your time, go to the 3:41 minute mark and hear about the surveying of the Suez canal. This may intrigue you enough to watch the whole thing.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great.. if it's very easy to disprove.. you can debate any one of those that were keynote speakers at the conferences. They have evidence that would have you without retort.

Just FYI, I don't hold to the FE view. However, I have seen and I fully believe that there are events that cannot occur if our earth is a sphere.. the size that they say it is.

I also cannot sit by and let people state things like "where is the edge" and "how can you sail around it" or "ships go over the curve"... When this simply shows that they have researched nothing.

There are many many photos and videos of events and views that are totally impossible if the earth curves at 8 inches per mile squared.

If it's a sphere.... it's way way bigger than what we have been fed.

You don't watch my video.. but you post your own. By the way.. there are all kinds of videos showing stuff like this. Still not proof. There is all kinds of videos showing things that back up the FE... still not proof.

The most impressive thing I have seen is this video. Since you don't like to waste your time, go to the 3:41 minute mark and hear about the surveying of the Suez canal. This may intrigue you enough to watch the whole thing.

I watched a brief funny video on FE today. Not sure if the guy really believes it or not but he gave the basics...the ice wall is still insane. If you fly over a flat surface, at say 30000 feet, you would have to be far above any wall. And no gravity? Yes I watched some video on a reporter discussion this stuff with one of their so-called experts, he's a crack pot. Nice people I'm sure, but still crack pots.

• Winner
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I watched a brief funny video on FE today. Not sure if the guy really believes it or not but he gave the basics...the ice wall is still insane. If you fly over a flat surface, at say 30000 feet, you would have to be far above any wall. And no gravity? Yes I watched some video on a reporter discussion this stuff with one of their so-called experts, he's a crack pot. Nice people I'm sure, but still crack pots.
Just because people believe things that you do not... doesn't justify the name "crackpot".

You.... are just a new bee in the FE concept and debate... Yet.. you, who won't even watch someone with a different view than yourself, as they give and tell the reasons for their belief, so you can learn how and why others believe what they do. Nope... it's just condemnation without investigation.

As I said.. EVERYONE who is a believer in the flat earth... was once standing exactly in your shoes... denial, ridicule, name calling... However, they had the integrity to listen to the other side.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just because people believe things that you do not... doesn't justify the name "crackpot".

You.... are just a new bee in the FE concept and debate... Yet.. you, who won't even watch someone with a different view than yourself, as they give and tell the reasons for their belief, so you can learn how and why others believe what they do. Nope... it's just condemnation without investigation.

As I said.. EVERYONE who is a believer in the flat earth... was once standing exactly in your shoes... denial, ridicule, name calling... However, they had the integrity to listen to the other side.
Oh I did listen to them talk. NASA is a hoax, the rockets are empty. Yada yada. Ok then, we are spending billions to fool people into thinking that the globe is round. Makes perfect sense?
Prove it to yourself then. Fly over antarctica.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single

Anything that involves extreme amounts of conspiracy (in this case involving the entire space/aeronautics industry as well as just about everyone in government) falls into the "crackpot" category.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Oh I did listen to them talk. NASA is a hoax, the rockets are empty. Yada yada. Ok then, we are spending billions to fool people into thinking that the globe is round. Makes perfect sense?
Well, I guess you have made up your mind.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Anything that involves extreme amounts of conspiracy (in this case involving the entire space/aeronautics industry as well as just about everyone in government) falls into the "crackpot" category.
If you understand compartmentalization you would understand that not everybody is involved. You only know what you are allowed to know at your pay grade.

The simulators at NASA are designed so that it is absolutely impossible for the operators to know if it is real or not.

But, you've made up your mind and that's all good.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I see that you have not commented on the fact that surveyors of the Suez canal and other extremely long structures, like the Panama Canal and rail ways, do not account for the curve of the earth.

Do you have an explanation for that?

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see that you have not commented on the fact that surveyors of the Suez canal and other extremely long structures, like the Panama Canal and rail ways, do not account for the curve of the earth.

Do you have an explanation for that?
Why would they have to? Dig a ditch. The ditch is the depth you make it regardless of how long it is. What does the curve change?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I used to work in the satellite industry, with top clearances. If the Earth is flat, then I'm part of the conspiracy.
As I said, I'm not convinced of the FE.. Satellites are one of the things that throw me. Things are orbiting.

Upvote 0