Los Angeles
✟31,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

I made this video as a way to edify Christians on God's creation but even more so to bring people to the knowledge and truth of Jesus Christ and the Holy Bible (message to do that at end of video) through pulling them in with the truth of flat earth.

What do you guys think of it?
Any criticism/critique/suggestions welcome.

Thank you, Austin

Many basic things wrong. One minute in you wouldn't see a noticeable curve from only 13 miles up, the ISS is around 260 miles up for reference. The sun is blowing out the camera, you shouldn't point cameras that are not made for it directly at the sun. The right camera with the right filter will show the sun at the correct size.

After a minute you go off on some unrelated theory about the challenger astronauts and I stopped watching.

Here is a documentary about a guy going to a lake to show the curvature of the earth.

Companion video that shows the math

One thing about the curve of the Earth is that the Earth is big enough is that we don't experience it unless we setup an experiment for it, in the same way we can't watch a flower grow unless we setup a time lapse of it.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
After a minute you go off on some unrelated theory about the challenger astronauts and I stopped watching.

Here is a documentary about a guy going to a lake to show the curvature of the earth.

Great, so you watch a minute, jump to some conclusions, and then post an hour+ long video full of nothing but waffle.

One thing about the curve of the Earth is that the Earth is big enough is that we don't experience it unless we setup an experiment for it, in the same way we can't watch a flower grow unless we setup a time lapse of it.

So there's literally hundreds of experiments done with line of sight proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that we see too far. You might want to watch a bit more of the OP vid. Or not. Don't let me distract you from your delusions.

Upvote 0

Danoded

Christian Monotheist
Nov 22, 2017
United Kingdom
✟15,820.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
I would like to add this to this thread that Joshua told the Sun and the Moon to stand still, and not the Earth.

Joshua 10:12-14 (KJV):

[12] Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
[13] And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
[14] And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the LORD hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the LORD fought for Israel.

Yet this world teaches that the Earth is continuously rotating, which is clearly false, along with the lies of a globe Earth, 'space' etc.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yet this world teaches that the Earth is continuously rotating, which is clearly false, along with the lies of a globe Earth, 'space' etc.
Figure of speech... The Sun appears to be moving from our perspective. I really don't know how anyone is a flat Earther. The size of the conspiracy would have to be so vast that almost everyone would have to be involved... Humans can't even keep the most simple of secrets, so no.

Upvote 0

Danoded

Christian Monotheist
Nov 22, 2017
United Kingdom
✟15,820.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Figure of speech... The Sun appears to be moving from our perspective. I really don't know how anyone is a flat Earther. The size of the conspiracy would have to be so vast that almost everyone would have to be involved... Humans can't even keep the most simple of secrets, so no.

If it was not the Sun that was moving then why is it written specifically that 'the sun stood still in the midst of heaven' in verse 13? There is also verse 5 in Psalm 104 that shows God made the Earth to be fixed:

Psalm 104:5 (KJV)

[5] Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.

If the world can lie about the Earth rotating, why can they not also lie about the fact that 'space' exists, even though from Genesis it is clear that Heaven is what is above the Earth, not 'space'.

Genesis 1:6-8 (KJV)

[6] And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
[7] And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
[8] And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

And there is also the verse in Isaiah 66 where God says the the Earth is His footstool. Footstools have to be flat and a globe Earth can not be a footstool. Even though the use of the term footstool in the verse is allegorical, why would God use the term 'footstool' if the Earth was a globe?

Isaiah 66:1 (KJV)

[1] Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

When Satan is the god of this world, it does not surprise me that there can be deceptions of this magnitude on a world scale For me at least, to say the the Earth is rotating and is a globe would be denying biblical facts. The Earth itself has a 'flat' surface (accounting for different elevation levels) with depth.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You do realize that every single flat earth believer started of by saying "I don't know how anyone is a flat Earther". Some end there and go about their lives. Some look into it more and find they are on the fence.. Some look into it and are strongly convinced that whatever the earth is... it's not a globe that is the tiny size that we are taught... some look into it and fully believe it is flat.

Is it right to ridicule anyone for their belief?

People who were full blown atheists have been caught by the flat earth movement. They have ridiculed, investigated, been convinced and ....... from that they have come to understand that a flat earth demands a creator and cannot support Darwinian evolution. A snow globe is only something that can be be supported by a creator. From there they have become strong Christians.

True story.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If it was not the Sun that was moving then why is it written specifically that 'the sun stood still in the midst of heaven' in verse 13? There is also verse 5 in Psalm 104 that shows God made the Earth to be fixed:

Psalm 104:5 (KJV)

[5] Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.

If the world can lie about the Earth rotating, why can they not also lie about the fact that 'space' exists, even though from Genesis it is clear that Heaven is what is above the Earth, not 'space'.

Genesis 1:6-8 (KJV)

[6] And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
[7] And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
[8] And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

And there is also the verse in Isaiah 66 where God says the the Earth is His footstool. Footstools have to be flat and a globe Earth can not be a footstool. Even though the use of the term footstool in the verse is allegorical, why would God use the term 'footstool' if the Earth was a globe?

Isaiah 66:1 (KJV)

[1] Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

When Satan is the god of this world, it does not surprise me that there can be deceptions of this magnitude on a world scale For me at least, to say the the Earth is rotating and is a globe would be denying biblical facts. The Earth itself has a 'flat' surface (accounting for different elevation levels) with depth.
Seriously? Go to the ocean. Watch a ship come up over the horizon. It's very simple to prove that the earth is round.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do realize that every single flat earth believer started of by saying "I don't know how anyone is a flat Earther". Some end there and go about their lives. Some look into it more and find they are on the fence.. Some look into it and are strongly convinced that whatever the earth is... it's not a globe that is the tiny size that we are taught... some look into it and fully believe it is flat.

Is it right to ridicule anyone for their belief?

People who were full blown atheists have been caught by the flat earth movement. They have ridiculed, investigated, been convinced and ....... from that they have come to understand that a flat earth demands a creator and cannot support Darwinian evolution. A snow globe is only something that can be be supported by a creator. From there they have become strong Christians.

True story.
Does not change what I said. You're talking about a conspiracy that has to involve millions of people, going back centuries. And it's easy to prove wrong.
People have known that the Earth is round since at least the sixth century B.C.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I do. It's got 15 names on it so far (although one of them is more of a convex disk Earther).
Interesting. What other lists do you have? And, for what purpose do you keep such a list and more importantly... why does it matter what view people accept as the truth about the state and shape of the earth?

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟244,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Interesting. What other lists do you have? And, for what purpose do you keep such a list and more importantly... why does it matter what view people accept as the truth about the state and shape of the earth?

I keep a list of notable people on Christian Forums with brief descriptions of what I've learned of their views. Knowing their general standpoints on issues can help me reply to them better, and perhaps ask additional questions related to their particular views on the subjects.

- or -

I need to keep track of problem cases that have slipped through our indoctrination, to better improve our methods.

Take your pick. :sorry:

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Does not change what I said. You're talking about a conspiracy that has to involve millions of people, going back centuries. And it's easy to prove wrong.
People have known that the Earth is round since at least the sixth century B.C.
Actually, until recently in history, there is no real way to prove that the earth is a globe. The idea has been around for centuries but only recently have people gone high enough to observe it for real.

Auguste Piccard was the first and he stated that "The earth appeared a flat disk with upturned edges". Which was quoted in Popular Science in the 30's. Recently it has been quickly exposed and then debunked by the weak statement that this was not his quote by the reporter who wrote the article..
That would be odd because back then you could not print a quote and attribute it to the article if that is not what was said. Why would the reporter state such a thing if he didn't see it? If the article stated such a thing and Auguste disagreed and didn't say it.. would he want it in a national publication?

Since the recent boom in FE believers.. those that are against the idea have jumped on this hard and adamantly denied that he said it and, well you know.. don't want the FE crowed to use it to support their view.

Anyway. There could be a conspiracy of the globe kind. There have only been about 500 or so people that have gone to space. What one of them would come back and say that the earth was actually flat? The others would laugh them out and they would be committed.

Many videos have been taken of the "curve" of the earth.. but.. always done with a fish-eye lens. Many show the "curve" while sitting on the runway... kinda odd.. you can see the curve from zero feet and it's the same as at 75,000 feet.

Many of the experiments that are stated to prove the globe... do so.. if you are on a globe.. they also support a flat earth... if the earth is flat and the sun and moon are close.

In the end.. what I do know for sure... is that, in order for the earth to be the size and circumference that we are told... it must curve at a rate ( for all intents and purposes) of 8 inches in a mile.

So, in the first mile it is 8 inches. The second is 8 inches plus 8 inches.. If we continue at this rate it is a steady slope.. So, we must square the drop. This forms a curve downward.

Thus, we end up with 8 inches per mile squared.

You can find more elaborate equations but they all end up being pretty much in the same ball park.

At this rate, there are many landmarks and items on the coasts of large bodies of water, such as lighthouses, that are seen from long distances... All the while they should be well hidden by the curve of the earth.

That fact will not go away. We see too far.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I keep a list of notable people on Christian Forums with brief descriptions of what I've learned of their views. Knowing their general standpoints on issues can help me reply to them better, and perhaps ask additional questions related to their particular views on the subjects.

- or -

I need to keep track of problem cases that have slipped through our indoctrination, to better improve our methods.

Take your pick. :sorry:
I understand the first option.

Not sure how you determine who and what is a "problem case". I agree that we are indoctrinated.. not sure if slipping through is a bad thing.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, until recently in history, there is no real way to prove that the earth is a globe. The idea has been around for centuries but only recently have people gone high enough to observe it for real.

Auguste Piccard was the first and he stated that "The earth appeared a flat disk with upturned edges". Which was quoted in Popular Science in the 30's. Recently it has been quickly exposed and then debunked by the weak statement that this was not his quote by the reporter who wrote the article..
That would be odd because back then you could not print a quote and attribute it to the article if that is not what was said. Why would the reporter state such a thing if he didn't see it? If the article stated such a thing and Auguste disagreed and didn't say it.. would he want it in a national publication?

Since the recent boom in FE believers.. those that are against the idea have jumped on this hard and adamantly denied that he said it and, well you know.. don't want the FE crowed to use it to support their view.

Anyway. There could be a conspiracy of the globe kind. There have only been about 500 or so people that have gone to space. What one of them would come back and say that the earth was actually flat? The others would laugh them out and they would be committed.

Many videos have been taken of the "curve" of the earth.. but.. always done with a fish-eye lens. Many show the "curve" while sitting on the runway... kinda odd.. you can see the curve from zero feet and it's the same as at 75,000 feet.

Many of the experiments that are stated to prove the globe... do so.. if you are on a globe.. they also support a flat earth... if the earth is flat and the sun and moon are close.

In the end.. what I do know for sure... is that, in order for the earth to be the size and circumference that we are told... it must curve at a rate ( for all intents and purposes) of 8 inches in a mile.

So, in the first mile it is 8 inches. The second is 8 inches plus 8 inches.. If we continue at this rate it is a steady slope.. So, we must square the drop. This forms a curve downward.

Thus, we end up with 8 inches per mile squared.

You can find more elaborate equations but they all end up being pretty much in the same ball park.

At this rate, there are many landmarks and items on the coasts of large bodies of water, such as lighthouses, that are seen from long distances... All the while they should be well hidden by the curve of the earth.

That fact will not go away. We see too far.
Easy. Just take a plane ride around the globe.

Upvote 0

LockeeDeck

Mar 14, 2021
Los Angeles
✟31,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Great, so you watch a minute, jump to some conclusions, and then post an hour+ long video full of nothing but waffle.

A minute with HUGE issues you haven't addressed, and you posted a long video with nothing but waffle as well so it's hard to complain about that sort thing.

So there's literally hundreds of experiments done with line of sight proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that we see too far. You might want to watch a bit more of the OP vid. Or not. Don't let me distract you from your delusions.

There are a lot of reasons experiments fail or get weird results and it's a bit of a jump to say the earth is flat as a result.

Speaking of which, what are your thoughts on the Eratosthenes experiment?
How does the math work on that with a flat earth?

Upvote 0