small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
When people bring up "<insert version> is better then <insert version>!" I just remind them all the popular versions we read (at least in the US) are unsound given they aren't the original scripts language(s). Example.

English:
Hi my name is John. I like to build expensive new houses on hills. I also enjoy eating meat and drinking fresh water. What's is your name?

English translated to Arabic:
marhabaan aismi jwn. 'uhiba bina' manazil jadidat bahizat althaman fi altalalu. 'ana 'astamtae 'aydaan bitanawul alluhum washirb almiah aleadhaba. ma asmk?

Arabic to Spanish (edit):
Hola mi nombre es John Awhiba construye casas nuevas en estos octavos en las colinas. También me gusta comer a Dios y beber agua disuelta. ¿como te llamas?

Chinese to Norwegian:
Hallo jeg heter John Awhiba bygger nye hus i disse åttendelene i åsene. Jeg liker også å spise Gud og drikke oppløst vann. Hva heter du

Norwegian to English:
Hi my name is John Awhiba building new houses in these eighties in the hills. I also like to eat God and drink dissolved water. What's your name

See how much things change? Many languages don't have equalized words and can end up translating poorly. Especially after being done multiple times. Am I saying the bible is all unsound? No. I am saying we can't claim any english version is 100% a perfect translation. Not even KJV.

I have seen that done with the Lords Prayer being translated from English to Maori and then translated back into English by a different translator. I thought the final version came out better than the original.

Upvote 0

Zachm531

Apr 25, 2019
New York
✟44,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
09/08/2019 sunday worship and the preachers sermon is Are you ready.

After scripture reading from the niv the preacher went up on stage holding an niv bible while i was holding fast my 1769 kjv bible.
I had already pointed out the unsound verses of the niv to the eldership and deacons many times and had seen more than a few preachers that used niv bibles that were turned unto speaking fables.
2 tim 4:3-4
2 Timothy 4:3-4 King James Version (KJV)
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Posting a link to the video were an preacher is turned to the fable whinnie the poo at 11:15 in the video.
I pray that all churches use the recieved text bibles to edify the body of Christ

This cut and past video is from service 09-08-2019 and at 11:15 edifing the body of Christ with winnie the poo...

Are you Ready is the name of the sermon.

As long as they are teaching the same Gospel that was taught by Jesus, then I would not consider it unsound doctrine. With that being said, Bible version like "The Queen James" I would say is masking very serious doctrines just to be politically correct which therefore differs from the original Gospel.

Upvote 0