Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Fair enough, I just think that after millions and millions of years erosion would have worn them away. There maybe some mountains that are younger that havnt been affected as much.

And why should one follow "what you think" vs the observations of professional geologists?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Even the sandstone layers?

Being so weak , they quite often have tougher layers on top of them. (Niagara falls)
Again, I would expect the lower layers to be harder being "millions of years"
older and under more pressure during those "millions of years."

Falls_recession.jpg

Falls-cross-section.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟247,078.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And why should one follow "what you think" vs the observations of professional geologists?
I'm not basing what I say on what I think. This is from the experts. I have already linked the supports for erosion and mountains. Heck even one from your side supported me.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I already have if you go back and look.

I think you are forgetting something. That is, erosion is not going on all the time over all the earth. Instead, there is such a thing as sediment being laid down, and where sediment is being laid down, the materials under that are definitely not being eroded.

Then they can, later, be uplifted.

It's cyclical.

Upvote 0

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm pretty new to the whole subject, and while I believe in young earth creation, I was wondering if there was actual evidence or proof of it. Any links to articles would be appreciated!

Is there any way, the links from the pages, could be added to this OP, so we don't have to read through the whole thread?

Are there any peer-reviewed papers, with true proof, of a young earth or creationism?

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm pretty new to the whole subject, and while I believe in young earth creation, I was wondering if there was actual evidence or proof of it. Any links to articles would be appreciated!

Interesting that the OP claims to believe in a young earth creation while her profile says she believes in Atheist Evolution and proclaims to be an atheist.

Upvote 0

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is there any way, the links from the pages, could be added to this OP, so we don't have to read through the whole thread?

Are there any peer-reviewed papers, with true proof, of a young earth or creationism?

My major isn't science but here is a website. If you have any questions, email Calvin Smith. He was an self proclaimed Atheist but is now a firm believer in creationism plus he is a good friend.

Creation Magazine LIVE! - creation.com

Upvote 0

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Interesting that the OP claims to believe in a young earth creation while her profile says she believes in Atheist Evolution and proclaims to be an atheist.

The person only wrote a few posts. I don't know, if that means she already left. It was probably, asking too much, I realise now, to ask if the links could be added to the OP. This site, it keeps crashing, when I go through too many pages. I don't know if it's a problem, with the site, or on my end. I get a bad gateway / site is offline, on big threads sometimes. :confused:

Does anyone know, if links for peer-reviewed papers with support for young earth, creationism, a world-wide flood, ect. have been shared?

My major isn't science but here is a website. If you have any questions, email Calvin Smith. He was an self proclaimed Atheist but is now a firm believer in creationism plus he is a good friend.

Thank-you. I will click. Do you know, what his professional qualifications, as a scientist are? Has he written any papers, that have been peer reviewed?

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟247,078.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think you are forgetting something. That is, erosion is not going on all the time over all the earth. Instead, there is such a thing as sediment being laid down, and where sediment is being laid down, the materials under that are definitely not being eroded.

Then they can, later, be uplifted.

It's cyclical.
Yes but once it is uplifted and the sediment layers are up in the air on mountains they are subject to erosion. That erosion is normally greater being up so high and subject to gravity. So those sediment layers should be eroded away after millions of years at the rate of erosion on mountains.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The person only wrote a few posts. I don't know, if that means she already left. It was probably, asking too much, I realise now, to ask if the links could be added to the OP. This site, it keeps crashing, when I go through too many pages. I don't know if it's a problem, with the site, or on my end. I get a bad gateway / site is offline, on big threads sometimes. :confused:

Does anyone know, if links for peer-reviewed papers with support for young earth, creationism, a world-wide flood, ect. have been shared?

Thank-you. I will click. Do you know, what his professional qualifications, as a scientist are? Has he written any papers, that have been peer reviewed?

Here is a link to a peer reviewed journal.
Journal of Creation - creation.com

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

:confused: I spent 20 minutes on this site, watching videos, reading. The site, it says it has the most Christians, with PhDs, than any other Christian site. I had thought, this person, had a PhD, in science. I didn't see anything about it. I Googled. I only found 2 links, not from Creation site or Youtube.

http://www.amazon.com/Codes-Creation-Calvin-Smith/dp/0949906778
"What All Atheists Have to Believe" on Rational Wiki, about Calvin Smith of Creation Ministries

* I am not saying, that either of these sites, are professional, no. That, is the point. I could not find, any papers, anything he had written, any-place, but Creation and these 2 sites. Nothing, on Google Scholar, nothing, anywhere else. *

Is that 2nd link, true, about his biography? Is he a scientist, actor, minister? How is he an authority, in science? Or the Bible? If he is not, either, why is his theories of creation, more trustworthy than any other lay-person's?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have never seen that website before. All I can say is wow! Highly crude and rude not to mention unprofessional. I know him personally and know he is a very knowledgable, and sincere. I do not know his credentials but I do know he is a spokesperson for Creation ministries. He merely presents the information that the scientists provide him. You can read everything on the website. These are not his theories. Even out of interest you may enjoy some of the videos...one about creationism and public schools...you may be surprised at some of the answers.

Upvote 0

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have never seen that website before. All I can say is wow! Highly crude and rude not to mention unprofessional. I know him personally and know he is a very knowledgable, and sincere. I do not know his credentials but I do know he is a spokesperson for Creation ministries. He merely presents the information that the scientists provide him. You can read everything on the website. These are not his theories.

It is crude, yes. Rude, also, yes. I couldn't find anything else, about him as a scientist, besides Creation.com, Amazon, and Rational Wiki. I was looking, for proper sites, unbiased ones, about him. I could not find any. Those, were the only 2, not with his work-place site or YouTube. I had never heard of that Rational Wiki site before, either. It's not a professional site, no. It's not trying to present itself as one, I do not think. I do think, if the bad words, had been left out, it would have been much better, yes. It did make, some valid points, in its assessment of the article, I think. The article by Calvin Smith, it was offensive, for other reasons, than profanity.

The Creation site, it is presenting itself, as professional science site, to be trusted, as one. That is why, it's more confusing, to me, that he is in so many of the videos, but he, is not a professional scientist. He doesn't say, he is a Bible scholar, either. That's why, I wanted to know his credentials, and looked, on Google. I did not see links to the works, of the scientists or Bible scholars, that he was presenting in the videos I watched. If the scientific evidence is all there, somewhere on the site, to back it up, it is strange, they do not link it under the videos, no?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MissRowy

Ms Snarky
Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2012
Western Sydney
✟250,212.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
No offense but a peer reviewed paper is one written by a university professor and is not a Wiki site which can be edited by anyone.
If you want peer reviewed articles go to Google Scholar and type in what you want and you will get it

Reactions: Blue Wren
Upvote 0