Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Note: I am not here to debate the morality of abortion, but rather, the legality of it and the hypocrisy of the ¨pro-life¨ movement.

I have noticed that the so-called pro-life movement is, for the most part, divorced from reality. It is devoid of critical thinking, empathy, and understanding why people get abortions and is instead full of insults and appeals to emotion. If the ¨pro-life¨ movement really cared about life, it would have:

• Ended the War on Drugs/Legalized marijuana.
  • Passed a $15 minimum wage law.
  • Got paid maternity leave laws passed.
  • Expanded the welfare state.
  • Strengthed unions.
  • Increased taxes on the rich.
  • Provided sex education that was not focused on abstinence.
  • Made healthcare single-payer, free, and government funded.
  • Opened up borders with Latin America and provided help to undocumented immigrants.
Instead, the ¨pro-life¨ movement did the exact opposite of what I listed. There is nothing Christian about forcing people to have babies and then ditching them. In addition, they lack empathy towards rape victims.
The Pro Life Campaign’s definition of love is cruel
Pro-life lawyers fight court's decision to allow 12-year-old rape victim to have an abortion - Independent.ie
How Rape and "Pro-Life" Politics Are Intimately Connected | HuffPost

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Note: I am not here to debate the morality of abortion, but rather, the legality of it and the hypocrisy of the ¨pro-life¨ movement.

I have noticed that the so-called pro-life movement is, for the most part, divorced from reality. It is devoid of critical thinking, empathy, and understanding why people get abortions and is instead full of insults and appeals to emotion. If the ¨pro-life¨ movement really cared about life, it would have:

• Strengthed unions.
  • Opened up borders with Latin America and provided help to undocumented immigrants.
Instead, the ¨pro-life¨ movement did the exact opposite of what I listed. There is nothing Christian about forcing people to have babies and then ditching them. In addition, they lack empathy towards rape victims.
Pro-life lawyers fight court's decision to allow 12-year-old rape victim to have an abortion - Independent.ie
I support some ideas like healthcare and paid maternity others like open borders (I am an immigrant) are just nonsensical. However it is fun how pro-choice people want to use ad hominen since they don't have reason to justify abortion.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

• Strengthed unions.

It's at least questionable whether any of those things are conducive to protecting life.

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

• Strengthed unions.

You are being deceived.

• Agree
Reactions: crossnote
Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
Independence, Missouri, USA
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I only see hypocrisy in trying to save the unborn, but then sending them off to die in war when they reach the age of 18. The pro-life folks need to be pro-life across the board.

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

• Strengthed unions.

We all are full of sin and surrounded by it, can we just leave it at that and go on and live our life?

Have you ever heard the song, let it go?

Live for God and live for Jesus, what would God say?

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I only see hypocrisy in trying to save the unborn, but then sending them off to die in war when they reach the age of 18. The pro-life folks need to be pro-life across the board.
I think that could be an improvement.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the hypocrisy of the ¨pro-life¨ movement.
Even if there is hypocrisy . . . of however many people, but not necessarily all, by the way . . . this does not mean everything about pro-life is wrong. There are people who have a right cause, but how they do it is not as good as it could be.

Expanded the welfare state.
Ok, so may be you mean pro-life should increase welfare availability in order to help to support mothers who choose not to have an abortion. This could be considerate. Also, it could help get certain clever women to get pregnant over and over in order to make money for their drug habits or something else. And it can be even better that ones personally help . . . adopt . . . the women who choose to keep their children. A church could adopt someone; ones do, I think. A young mother needs a family of love. But it seems that in some number of cases a woman aborts her child because she feels under pressure from her friends and family, feeling and even being told they won't help her if she keeps her child; so, I would say consider a law not to discriminate against a woman who keeps her child. There are people who do not know how to love the mother; she could do well not to let unloving ones decide what she does with her baby! But laws can not make people love her; she needs to pray and seek and find ones who know how to love and how to care for a baby; there are people who help and support and honor women who keep their babies, but these might not be part of a formal movement or program.

Provided sex education that was not focused on abstinence.
Well, if someone is not being satisfied by God's love with His almighty power of self control, one might not find it easy to abstain. Lusts can be very cruel and nagging and dominating and not caring about you. But God in His love is caring . . . and honest.

Opened up borders with Latin America and provided help to undocumented immigrants.
The borders are open, for those who are waiting in line. And I see that there can be a need to make sure cartel men are not piggy-backing on asylum applicants, by pretending to be the fathers and husbands of ones claiming they need to cross. The people who come to the border can be organized and processed, and officials can notice which men are doing more instigating and violent stuff. But there could be more to all that, than we are being told.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Or let them starve or die or be shot well before they could enlist or be conscripted...

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I consider myself thoroughly pro-life, which for me includes the issues of abortion, capital punishment and euthanasia, but also overlaps into issues of poverty, health care, war, guns, immigration, and protection of minorities.
I try to look at every issue through the lens of life being sacred - all of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

• Strengthed unions.

I understand what you are saying. The women who are asking for abortion, with notable exceptions, are engaging in sexual relations for personal pleasure, not for what it was intended for. So, if they want to have the freedom to do whatever they want to do, then rather than hurting an unanticipated and unwanted living human organism AGAIN, they should just get "fixed!" Then, the pro-life and pro-licentiousness debates would all but go away!

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian

• Strengthed unions.
Where is it written that pro-life is against such things? The pro-infanticide crowd would have babies murdered. Doesn't that bother you?

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Even if there is hypocrisy . . . of however many people, but not necessarily all, by the way . . . this does not mean everything about pro-life is wrong. There are people who have a right cause, but how they do it is not as good as it could be.

The notion that you can dismiss a position because its supporters allegedly do not hold to it 100% consistently is really rather juvenile...

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟906,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I understand what you are saying. The women who are asking for abortion, with notable exceptions, are engaging in sexual relations for personal pleasure, not for what it was intended for. So, if they want to have the freedom to do whatever they want to do, then rather than hurting an unanticipated and unwanted living human organism AGAIN, they should just get "fixed!" Then, the pro-life and pro-licentiousness debates would all but go away!
I don’t disagree that women and men (don’t forget no woman gets pregnant alone) need to responsibly engage in sex, however, if it is not meant to be for pleasure why make it pleasurable?

Anyhoo, putting all the onus on the woman is truly flawed given a man is fertile 24/7 and from puberty to death. A woman can conceive 2-3 days every month from puberty till around 50 yrs. clearly the male participant should be more concerned that they may cause a pregnancy with any encounter.

Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don’t disagree that women and men (don’t forget no woman gets pregnant alone) need to responsibly engage in sex, however, if it is not meant to be for pleasure why make it pleasurable?

Anyhoo, putting all the onus on the woman is truly flawed given a man is fertile 24/7 and from puberty to death. A woman can conceive 2-3 days every month from puberty till around 50 yrs. clearly the male participant should be more concerned that they may cause a pregnancy with any encounter.

I agree, so fix them both.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The pro-choice people I know, and that includes myself, are uniformly also pro-life. We could work together to make abortion rare but few in the pro-life crowd are willing to do that because that would involve adopting policies perceived as being too liberal.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The notion that you can dismiss a position because its supporters allegedly do not hold to it 100% consistently is really rather juvenile...
I personally believe in testing the position for its own worth. Whether or not others uphold it in the right way is not what decides how I see the position.

• Agree
Reactions: Percivale
Upvote 0

Percivale

Sam
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2012
Southern Indiana
✟122,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you are going to point out someone’s inconsistency you need to say which side of it you are on or you may be equally inconsistent. Each major party has areas where they are pro life and areas where they are pro choice. (republicans are pro choice on education, Democrats are more pro-life to refugees and on healthcare). The American Solidarity party is consistently pro-life.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The best way to reduce the number of abortions is by promoting the access to, and conscientious use of birth control. Abstinence is fine for people not in mature, committed relationships. But that doesn't negate other contraceptive methods--fertility awareness, oral, injectible, implantable, barrier, and emergency. And continuing research into safe, effective, and reversible male contraceptive methods should be supported.

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I consider myself thoroughly pro-life, which for me includes the issues of abortion, capital punishment and euthanasia, but also overlaps into issues of poverty, health care, war, guns, immigration, and protection of minorities.
I try to look at every issue through the lens of life being sacred - all of it.
What about protection of the majority? Or, is it oikophobia?

Upvote 0