Florida
✟118,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The abortion (issue alone) assures for Trump the Christian vote.

Not true. If Donald Trump really cared enough about reducing abortions he would do whatever it takes to make them unnecessary for non-medical reasons. Joe Biden is a practicing Roman Catholic, so he prefers women not get abortions and wants to reduce them in a humane way that benefits everyone.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Not true. If Donald Trump really cared enough about reducing abortions he would do whatever it takes to make them unnecessary for non-medical reasons. Joe Biden is a practicing Roman Catholic, so he prefers women not get abortions and wants to reduce them in a humane way that benefits everyone.

What's the "humane" way of killing babies? And no, it's not that Biden "prefers" women not to get" abortions; he is supportive of abortion on demand.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What's the "humane" way of killing babies? And no, it's not that Biden "prefers" women not to get" abortions; he is supportive of abortion on demand.
What’s the humane way to let people die by limiting their access to healthcare? So called Pro-life?

Seems that easy access to birth control would do much to reduce abortions but evangelicals seem to be very conflicted on the matter.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟118,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Where did you get the idea I said there is a humane way to kill babies? I said nothing about infanticide. If you really think I did, read my post again. Nothing in it even mentions babies.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Where did you get the idea I said there is a humane way to kill babies?
It was what you wrote about Joe Biden's stance. I wasn't commenting on your own position.

He favors the continued legalization of abortions for convenience, so there is no question about that, only what might be meant by "humane" in this case.

Joe Biden is a practicing Roman Catholic, so he prefers women not get abortions and wants to reduce them in a humane way....

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟118,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It was what you wrote about Joe Biden's stance. I wasn't commenting on your own position.

He favors the continued legalization of abortions for convenience, so there is no question about that, only what might be meant by "humane" in this case.

Obviously, I was saying Joe Biden wants to reduce the number of abortions in a way that does not involve locking up women who already had them. Reducing the number of abortions begins with preventing some unwanted pregnancies. If an unwanted pregnancy does occur (since there is no way to stop all of them) a woman can avoid having an abortion with help from federal programs that Joe Biden supports and Donald Trump has tried to eliminate or completely mismanaged. I know what Biden wants to do will prevent a lot of abortions instead of punish women who already had them.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Joe Biden is a practicing Roman Catholic, so he prefers women not get abortions and wants to reduce them in a humane way that benefits everyone.

Wrong
Joe has changed his position regarding abortion.
Because of this a Priest a while back
would not give him Communion.

Joe flips and flops around
like a fish out of water.

M

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I agree with you
how ridiculous
a humane way to kill an innocent little baby..

M

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Obviously, I was saying Joe Biden wants to reduce the number of abortions in a way that does not involve locking up women who already had them.
Oh. I wouldn't call that obvious, but thanks for the clarification. On the other hand, pro-life people do not want to do that either, so it's something of a red herring.

...a woman can avoid having an abortion with help from federal programs that Joe Biden supports and Donald Trump has tried to eliminate or completely mismanaged.
I don't believe that President Trump HAS done what you say here.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟118,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Oh. I wouldn't call that obvious, but thanks for the clarification. On the other hand, pro-life people do not want to do that either, so it's something of a red herring.

I don't believe that President Trump HAS done what you say here.

He tightened restrictions on getting food stamps and talks about wanting to end all health insurance plans pregnant women need.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sobato's Crystal Ball, which has been remarkably accurate this millenium, forecasts a big electoral victory for Clinton.
2016_07_22_pres_600.png
I know this is an extremely old post. But I just want to point out how close Sabato's "Crystal Ball" was.
proxy.png
2016_large.png

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,482,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

ChristianForCats had said: so he prefers women not get abortions and wants to reduce them in a humane way that benefits everyone.

That can be done by determining what brings a woman to that decision point and discovering what can get her off that path before she reaches that point.

Abortion rates have actually decreased under Democratic presidents by providing more ways for women to avoid getting to the decision gate in the first place or having a better option than abortion if she does get to that gate.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
ChristianForCats had said: so he prefers women not get abortions and wants to reduce them in a humane way that benefits everyone.

That can be done by determining what brings a woman to that decision point and discovering what can get her off that path before she reaches that point.

That's swell, RD, except that it sidesteps the issue completely.

Biden is on the record as wanting to continue abortion on demand. The fact that some abortions can probably be avoided by counseling or something else is a separate matter that doesn't cancel out Biden's position vis-a-vis abortion. And it's something that everyone supports, so that this isn't even at issue here.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,482,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's swell, RD, except that it sidesteps the issue completely.

Biden is on the record as wanting to continue abortion on demand. The fact that some abortions can probably be avoided by counseling or something else is a separate matter that doesn't cancel out Biden's position vis-a-vis abortion. And it's something that everyone supports, so that this isn't even at issue here.

I understand that you want to use the sheriff's gun to force non-Christians to act like Christians (despite the fact that Christians are getting most of the abortions in America)...

...but using the sheriff's gun to force non-Christians to act like Christians is itself un-Christian, according to the apostles Paul and Peter.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I understand that you want to use the sheriff's gun to force non-Christians to act like Christians....
Well, you don't understand it from me.

I spend no time wanting to "use the sheriff's gun" for forcing anything, and certainly not this. And that's what most pro-lifers are like also.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,482,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, you don't understand it from me.

I spend no time wanting to "use the sheriff's gun" for forcing anything, and certainly not this. And that's what most pro-lifers are like also.

If you want to force Christian behavior by a secular law, then you are, indeed, trying to use the sheriff's gun.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If you want to force Christian behavior by a secular law, then you are, indeed, trying to use the sheriff's gun.
Perhaps you misunderstand. The point was about threatening the women at the point of a gun. That would be a false charge if directed at people who are pro-life. They simply are not demanding anything of the sort.

But as for the abortionists, sure. We have all sorts of regulations governing what physicians and surgeons are allowed by law to do, and the idea that this one procedure where a living human being is killed must be immune from any such regulation is, well, ridiculous. I know it only matters in debates, not in real life, but it's still false.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟118,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What’s the humane way to let people die by limiting their access to healthcare? So called Pro-life?

Seems that easy access to birth control would do much to reduce abortions but evangelicals seem to be very conflicted on the matter.

Exactly -and we all know Joe Biden wants contraception to be widely available at no cost or low prices. All this stuff about he said abortion should be legal, so he is an abortion supporter, is 100% nonsense by the evangelical Christians who think all abortions that do not save the mother's life should be illegal.

Upvote 0