• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Presidential Election Polls

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Sojourner1, Dec 23, 2015.

1. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+5,699
    Unitarian
    Married
  2. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+13,836
    Anglican
    Married
    It's really instructive to read the first part of that article closely. Note--
    ..........................................................................................................................
    President Trump on Thursday signed legislation ending a key Obama administration coal mining rule.

The bill quashes the Office of Surface Mining's Stream Protection Rule, a regulation to protect waterways from coal mining waste that officials finalized in December.

The legislation is the second Trump has signed into law ending an Obama-era environmental regulation.
    ....................................................................................................................................................................................
    First, it is legislation, passed by Congress, not a rule hurried into place after the election of 2016. We should applaud that.

And if we are interested in who is benefitted by such a change, it would be thousands of workers, union members, in what is one of the poorest states in the Union--in other words, exactly the kind of people the Democrats want everyone to think their party is unique in looking out for.

3. cow451

cow451 Shaken, Not Stirred Supporter

+6,244
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    I’ve lived in coal country and coal isn’t coming back any more than steam-powered river boats.

4. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+13,836
    Anglican
    Married
    In the long run that's true, but we could say the same thing about plenty of other policies the government maintains for the benefit of its citizens.

5. cow451

cow451 Shaken, Not Stirred Supporter

+6,244
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Job wise the losses are gone Now. Period. Trump or no Trump. Did you read the story I linked?

6. dogs4thewin

dogs4thewin dog lover Supporter CF Ambassadors

+2,415
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Well and coal should go away. First miners have usually short lives because of both the danger AND the enviomental side, but also coal is going to run out anyway, and so at some point enveinmental issue or not health issues or not those jobs will disappear.

7. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+13,836
    Anglican
    Married
    When that happens, we'll take stock of the situation and decide what to do. :)

8. FredVB

FredVB Regular Member

+344
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Trump rearranges domestic energy and environmental priorities. He opens up federal lands to oil and gas drilling and coal mining. He eliminates regulations he calls needless. He scraps proposed regulations for tighter methane controls on domestic drillers. And he shrinks the role of the Environmental Protection Agency to a mostly advisory one and pulls back the Clean Power Plan, Obama’s plan to push utilities toward lower carbon emissions. Trump has chosen many lobbyists for fossil fuel companies and skeptics about climate science.

Any of those things can be backed up, that you are prone to reject and dismiss what you disagree with does not change any of that. And it was the case that you claimed it higher than it was shown to be, and claimed without it shown that a poll was bad. I did not make any claim of who benefitted, I asked about it, please read what I write more carefully. If I leave anything unnamed it does not matter, there are public records and readily available information showing it, whether you like it or not.