Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,699.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
During his recent meeting with President Buhari of Nigeria, President Trump spoke up about religious persecution in Nigeria. “We are deeply concerned by religious violence in Nigeria including the burning of churches and the killing and persecution of Christians. It’s a horrible story,” Trump said. “We encourage Nigeria and the federal state and local leaders to do everything in their power to immediately secure the affected communities and to protect innocent civilians of all faiths including Muslims and including Christians.”

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Well, seeing as how he called Nigeria a poophole country (can't use the actual word Trump used on account of it being profane) & complained about folks from there immigrating to America, I doubt that's going to come across as all that sincere.

AAT this thread does bring up the need to pray for the folks over there who are the victims of persecution so they will be added to my prayers tonight.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Well, seeing as how he called Nigeria a poophole country (can't use the actual word Trump used on account of it being profane) & complained about folks from there immigrating to America, I doubt that's going to come across as all that sincere.

Showing concern about their safety doesn't imply wanting them in one's own country. In any case his point stands on its own merits. His sincerity is irrelevant.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,699.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Remind me if any other Presidents, or any Presidential candidates, have ever spoken out against Christian persecution. I have seen Trump do this on several other occasions. Here is one case where he has a North Korean defector, and other North Koreans, speaking in the White House. At the very least he has to be given credit for bringing Christian persecution more to the forefront in public awareness.

Upvote 0