Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What is the difference between hate and despise?
When you "hate" someone, you dislike the person intensely. ... "Despise" is a stronger word than "hate". When you say that you despise someone, it implies that you "hate" that person, but it also carries with it the sense that you have contempt for him/her.

Perhaps you are actually correct in this one when looking at definitions. Oh well, blame it on English not being first language.

How about intense dislike if normal dislike is equivalent to not wanting peas on your meat stew.

Not something that would prevent you from pulling a guy away from raging river but something that would make you decline to loan him lunch money if he forgot his wallet home.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps you are actually correct in this one when looking at definitions. Oh well, blame it on English not being first language.

How about intense dislike if normal dislike is equivalent to not wanting peas on your meat stew.

Not something that would prevent you from pulling a guy away from raging river but something that would make you decline to loan him lunch money if he forgot his wallet home.

How do you know what Americans think? No offense intended. But from 9,000 miles away, what are you basing your beliefs on?

There are millions upon millions of Americans who do not like the President and there are also millions upon million of Americans that do.

The only news more liberal in their views than CNN USA is CNN Europe. I say that from being in The EU about five times a year before Covid. What CNN put out in Europe is no where close to what a good many of Americans think or feel.

Christiane Amanpour is Europe’s equivalent to Just m Acosta here for biased broadcasts in my opinion.

• Informative
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
  • How about God hates sin, but loves the sinner? It is not hatred for Trump, it is hatred for how he thinks---his view of women, he is a constant adulterer, he feels he is entitled to grab women by the crotch and kiss them if he feels like it, (the "me too" movement curtailed that habit) , it is his unhealthy relationship with his daughter and the statements he has made about her that shows a sexual interest in her(one woman said he raped her at 13 because he said she looked like his daughter), it is the fact that he said he does not need Jesus because he does no wrong and doesn't need His forgiveness! It is the fact that he has made countless contracts with contractors and after the work was done he doesn't pay them, it is banks that will no longer loan him any money for he has not paid back other loans even when he was taken to court---he kept the courts going so they ended up giving up--it's called stealing, but he thinks it's funny and it shows how powerful he is, it is his wish to be a permanent dictator of this country and steal the votes of over 6-7 million voters who voted for Biden. There's more but that is enough to make anyone nauseous. After Jan 21---there are at least a dozen lawsuits waiting for him and he is trying desperately to remain in office to avoid those lawsuits.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LOL - I don't hate you - I just despise you!

What is the difference between hate and despise?
When you "hate" someone, you dislike the person intensely. ... "Despise" is a stronger word than "hate". When you say that you despise someone, it implies that you "hate" that person, but it also carries with it the sense that you have contempt for him/her.

I think you have a point and I'm speaking as a Republican who doesn't like Trump in the slightest. I think the criticism of him can be taken to an extreme and it can become unchristian. It's one thing to criticize him for his behavior or for his policies but I think it's wrong to post disparaging remarks about him over and over again. That's what Trump does in his tweets and in his speeches and I don't think that's an example Christians should follow. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I think you're right.

Trump lives to ripe old age of 89 ? Doubtful.

It is an achievement if he doesn’t choke out of spite and indignation when Biden is inaugurated.

I don't like Trump but I would never contemplate ill will against him or worse, death upon him.

If I've misunderstood what you're saying in your post, then I humbly apologize.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How do you know what Americans think? No offense intended. But from 9,000 miles away, what are you basing your beliefs on?

Biden getting 7 million more votes while it is probably safe to say most people don’t really care about him that much.

What’s left ? They like Trump even less. It is not hard logic.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't like Trump but I would never contemplate ill will against him or worse, death upon him.

Figure of speech. You don’t really think people choke out of spite ?

As for him living to 89 with his habits and temper would be statistical anomaly.

Also I noted I would pull him out of river so no I don’t wish him dead.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Biden getting 7 million more votes while it is probably safe to say most people don’t really care about him that much.

7,000,000 is large in Stockholm, it is not in the US.

Did you notice the increase in African American, and Latino votes?

Did you consider 75,000,000 voted for him, an increase of 12,000,000 from 2016.

There are large number of Americans who dislike him and evidently there are a large number who do.

A large enough number to put him at the top.

And why are you ignoring my question??

• Useful
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

There are large number of Americans who dislike him and evidently there are a large number who do.

Funny to see how seven million is a small number now when every time some granny checks improper vote for Biden it seemingly merits a new thread.

Which question I am ignoring now ?

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

7 million is not a large number in the US? It is when one side gets that many more votes!! If this was the other way around, and |Trump had won by 7 million, and Biden was disputing it----every Trumper w0ouold be going nuts over how ludicrous it is to argue when Trump won by a "whopping" 7 million votes!!! It would be as monumentally huge number of votes in that case!!

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It doesn’t mean Hillary was necessary the most admired woman in US 10 times in a row anymore than Trump is the most admired man in US 2020.

John Taylor wasn't the first black American to win an Olympic gold medal... He just won a competition where he was called that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
John Taylor wasn't the first black American to win an Olympic gold medal... He just won a competition where he was called that.

Because a poll with 1000 people interviewed by phone from a population of 330 million people is as exact science as 10 guys running a track against a clock ?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Guess he doesn’t have to fake Time covers anymore. Pitiful that but so in accordance with the nature of the man.

Time magazine asks Trump to remove fake covers from display at golf clubs

And his supporters get to vote on something that doesn’t matter anything and have Trump win something since the election was lost, useless court cases were lost so what’s left ?

If there was the most despised man of of the year survey he would win that one as well.

Which wouldn’t exactly be big deal either.

Haha yes, and Trump felt he had to cheat to be part of that company. Sad. His craving of popularity and acceptance are as pathetic as his means of desperately trying to get it.

Oh wait did you have a Trump positive point of why he did it ? Why it wasn’t actually a sad fake ? That it actually says something positive of his character ?

Funny you didn’t hear much praise for the last 11 years when Obama was the most admired man or for Hillary taking the credit for 10 times during the same period.

Most Admired Man and Woman

Most Admired Man and Woman, 2008 - 2020
Year Most Admired Man Most Admired Woman
2020 Donald Trump ^ Michelle Obama
2019 Barack Obama ^ Michelle Obama
2018 Barack Obama Michelle Obama
2017 Barack Obama ^ Hillary Rodham Clinton ^
2016 Barack Obama Hillary Rodham Clinton
2015 Barack Obama Hillary Rodham Clinton
2014 Barack Obama Hillary Rodham Clinton
2013 Barack Obama Hillary Rodham Clinton
2012 Barack Obama Hillary Rodham Clinton
2011 Barack Obama Hillary Rodham Clinton
2010 Barack Obama Hillary Rodham Clinton
2009 Barack Obama Hillary Rodham Clinton ^
2008 Barack Obama Hillary Rodham Clinton

Trump wins once and it is Hail Mary. Talk about empty wins...

It doesn’t mean Hillary was necessary the most admired woman in US 10 times in a row anymore than Trump is the most admired man in US 2020.

Simply means they won the survey with that title. There is a difference but some of course won’t see it that way so sure they can trumpet this great win while remembering Obama did it ten times more and nobody cared about it either.

Wonder where we could find a male with legacy for that kind of things.....

You make it sound like winning that survey is a great achievement.

It kind of puts it in perspective that both Obama and Hillary have won that survey double digit times each.

Exactly so. When Obama won it eleven times it was meaningless. When Trump wins it once it is a great achievement.

Our beloved double standards alive and well.

So we are back to poor Trump narrative ? As if he hadn’t those “slobbering opinion makers” working for him every day of his soon to end Presidency ? As if Obama didn’t get called bad names ? Part of the job description.

And again when Obama won it was of course because public “had been told what to think” and when Trump wins it is obviously because he really is the most admired man 2020.

Double standards.

Again. Poor Trump.

Obama gets everything for nothing when Trump gets something it is earned and really, really special especially in the minds of his supporters no matter how insignificant thing we are talking about.

Obama’s peace prize was bit curious choice but since Trump never won it there is much more sense comparing the survey they both won, why they did it and what it means.

If you want to start another poor Trump inferiority thread compared to Obama about his missing the peace prize go ahead.

I doubt very many people actually hate Trump. In general they despise the man, his lies, his corruption and undoubted gift of being a demagogue.

Why is that every time he is criticized for something it is hate for poor Trump and every time some democrats are criticized it is patriotic, honest and true ?

Trump lives to ripe old age of 89 ? Doubtful.

It is an achievement if he doesn’t choke out of spite and indignation when Biden is inaugurated.

Figure of speech. You don’t really think people choke out of spite ?

As for him living to 89 with his habits and temper would be statistical anomaly.

Also I noted I would pull him out of river so no I don’t wish him dead.

Funny to see how seven million is a small number now when every time some granny checks improper vote for Biden it seemingly merits a new thread.

Which question I am ignoring now ?

Because a poll with 1000 people interviewed by phone from a population of 330 million people is as exact science as 10 guys running a track against a clock ?

Is there anything else? I'm not understanding why this is so very important to you?

• Informative
Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
This is relevant because ....?

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Is there anything else? I'm not understanding why this is so very important to you?

For everyone one of those posts there are many more from you for whatever minor accomplished Trump manages daily like getting his shoelaces tied or when Biden fails his memory checks.

I have never started a thread about bashing Trump or defending Biden or democrats. You start threads repeatedly. Trump managed this whatever , Biden fails at this whatever. Over and over. I really hope you don’t think it’s any more important than me commenting on them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is relevant because ....?

Because your post implied you don’t realize a difference between a physical race with set parameters and a opinion projection made from 1000 people to encompass nation of 330 million people ?

If you meant something different perhaps rephrasing the post helps.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Because your post implied you don’t realize a difference between a physical race with set parameters and a opinion projection made from 1000 people to encompass nation of 330 million people ?

If you meant something different perhaps rephrasing the post helps.

That doesn't illustrate why the difference is meaningful.

as if you could have some objectively set parameters about opinion.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
as if you could have some objectively set parameters about opinion.

Indeed. So pretty stupid to claim someone is the most admired man by the account of surveying 1000 people out of 330 million when it is not quantifiable in the first place ?

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

This has nothing to do with the OP. Interesting, but irrelevant.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For everyone one of those posts there are many more from you for whatever minor accomplished Trump manages daily like getting his shoelaces tied or when Biden fails his memory checks.

So?

Are you only concerned when the thread is negative towards Trump and positive towards Joe?

What is the inherent need to diminish just about anything positive said about the President?

Upvote 0