President Donald Trump greeted with boos at Game 5 of World Series, fans chant 'lock him up'

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
President Donald Trump greeted with boos at Game 5 of World Series, fans chant 'lock him up'
President Donald Trump was greeted with a thunderous chorus of boos from the sold-out crowd attendance at Game 5 of the World Series between the Nationals and Astros.

Trump, who showed up shortly after the first inning, was introduced to the crowd after the third inning during the Nationals' salute to veterans, a regular feature at Nats’ games.

As the next inning began, fans chanted "lock him up," a nod to the motto that Trump supporters directed at Hillary Clinton in 2016.
tulc(is having a great cup of coffee) :coffee:

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It’s hypocritical to give a draft dodger credit for what our brave men and women of the military actually carry out.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Trump should have attended a Houston home game instead. They might have been able to launch him into space while he was there.

Good idea. After all he's already called a space cadet, lol.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,776.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It’s hypocritical to give a draft dodger credit for what our brave men and women of the military actually carry out.
Oh stop! What President doesn't get acknowledge in their legacy for successful military campaigns? Did Clinton serve time in the military? Nope. Obama? Nope. The list of other US Presidents the same.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,776.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Sounds to me as though the few boos (one guy must have been very close to a microphone) were quickly drowned out by crowd's cheers.
Yeah well regardless of how many boos there were and praise I don't think we could ever know for sure. No different than in an election though. Some people will like you and some people won't. I don't think anyone even Trump supporters would claim everyone likes him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Sounds to me as though the few boos (one guy must have been very close to a microphone) were quickly drowned out by crowd's cheers.

The crowd cheered for the folks in military. They booed loudly and long for Donald. The "lock him up" chants weren't just coming from 1 or 2 folks. 40 second mark:

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
...do you have a video of that? :scratch:
tulc(is just curious) :wave:

The crowd cheered for the folks in military. They booed loudly and long for Donald. The "lock him up" chants weren't just coming from 1 or 2 folks. 40 second mark:
In the first video boos are quick and probably wouldn’t be heard at all if not so close to the phone, and are quickly drowned out with cheers from the crowd. It is also cutoff early to shorten the cheering portion. In the second video the ‘lock him up’ chant appears to be coming from one section, rather small and kids mostly (also close to phone)... if you will observe the rest of the crowd as the camera is panning. Sorry, I’ve seen this attempted too many times. Trump always wins the crowd wars. Even so, it wouldn't surprise me to hear from the 47% in any public crowd, especially when he is doing such a great job as president.

• Agree
Reactions: Bobber
Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh stop! What President doesn't get acknowledge in their legacy for successful military campaigns? Did Clinton serve time in the military? Nope. Obama? Nope. The list of other US Presidents the same.
Oh stop!

I specifically said ‘draft dodger’! Try again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In the first video boos are quick and probably wouldn’t be heard at all if not so close to the phone, and are quickly drowned out with cheers from the crowd. It is also cutoff early to shorten the cheering portion. In the second video the ‘lock him up’ chant appears to be coming from one section, rather small and kids mostly (also close to phone)... if you will observe the rest of the crowd as the camera is panning. Sorry, I’ve seen this attempted too many times. Trump always wins the crowd wars. Even so, it wouldn't surprise me to hear from the 47% in any public crowd, especially when he is doing such a great job as president.
The video on Fox didn't agree with your assessment of what occurred. There was a large blast of booes when Trump and other Republican figures were shown on the Jumbotron. This died down when the picture went back to the military men and women. The chant to lock him up was shown from different cameras around the stadium.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Trump always wins the crowd wars at his own political rallies. Lol. Then he struts off, doesn't bother to pay the cities for the costs of having the ego-fest for himself there. When it's not just the MAGA hatters he loses. Badly. Especially nowadays. The cheers were for the folks who didn't claim they had bone spurs and actually served the country. For the military. The boos for Donald were loud, from a big portion, and fully deserved. If you think it was children chanting "lock him out" then you need to get your hearing and sight checked.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll just leave this here:
Did President Trump Get Booed at the 2019 World Series?
U.S. President Donald Trump was roundly booed by the crowd at Game 5 of the World Series at National Park on Oct. 27, 2019. Reports about that show of disdain at the game between the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals prompted some to ask whether the event really happened.

Video of the crowd booing was posted by a number of witnesses, journalists and news organizations to social media. The crowd for the Sunday night game went from cheering the troops, to booing Trump, back to cheering the troops, when the presence of each was announced on the jumbotron:
tulc(hopes this clear up any confusion) :wave:

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Trump was confronted with more than just the boos and chants at the game. Veterans for Impeachment strategically bought tickets so camera footage of the home plate would capture the signs they unfurled.

'Veterans for impeachment' signs seen at World Series game during Trump visit

EH7egTtWoAAEVE2

There was also this large orange banner:
impeach trump.jpg

Upvote 0