Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I stick with my beliefs of the pretrib rapture as God does not punish His bride; the wrath of God is not used upon believers as I have explained with Scripture.

I've heard this theory before, but what about how the people in the early church had to go through the torture and persecution they went through? Crucified, sawed in half, beheaded, etc. If we're the children of God/bride of Christ, I don't think the idea that He does not "punish His bride" applies. It might be the wrong way of looking at it.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I understand your concern and argument. What I am discussing is the WRATH of God. God is quite clear that the tribulation time is His wrath upon the Jews for not keeping jubilee (and the count of days equals the years they did not keep it!) The suffering and torture that believers experience prior to the tribulation are not caused by God. The Wrath of God will be displayed upon His chosen people (the Nation of Israel) who have not believed. Those who believe are included into His bride, just as Gentiles are grafted into the vine.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
My parents lived (born about 1920) through the great depression and WWII.
The 1930 census shows 3 generations of my family living in the same rental unit.
My wife's family had a baby die of malnutrition.
Prepping is a real issue.
My family went through the great depression their way of life has "stuck" with us all. We raised everything and wasted nothing. We ate hogs from the rooter to the tooter and nothing was thrown out. I find myself now still living this way.
I was working up a deer that I had killed recently and someone ask for the bones left over to feed their dogs. When they received the bones they stated "well" It's a good thing that we don't depend on you to feed our dogs because they would starve to death. I had whittled em down to nothing and there was no meat left on them. lol
If people today could just see one weeks worth of depression style living, They would all be "preppers" too.

• Winner
Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

CassiusCritzer

Apr 11, 2018
Kentucky
✟1,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Has Jesus Christ come in the clouds yet and gathered the elect? Did I sleep through it? Did I fall asleep during history class?

If not then shouldn't we prepare for the greatest persecution that Christians have ever known? I mean that hasn't happened yet. Luke 21 and the great betrayal and apostasy hasn't happened yet. The abomination of desolation has NOT happened yet.

I reckon that the gospel has been preached in all the world.

If you prepare as our ancestors did since 1607 then why would you stop??? Have you ever been through a hurricane or ice storm or tornado or an extended power outage? I have and I have supplies and tools and can cook outside and much more.

You know law enforcement investigate violent crimes after they occur so take that for what it's worth. Our ancestors didn't just wait to call the police like helpless sheep. You do realize bad things happen to good people and most frequently the police do NOTHING but take notes. Justice is not served.

I reckon if something bad happens then I can make it. If your schedule is interrupted by a disaster, can you even manage for a week?

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
interesting Dad

i am pre trib and believe the purpose of the Tribulation period is God's dealing with Israel, there is no purpose for the Church, so out we go.

are there any good resources/web sites on 2018 Rapture. my heart tells me the Rapture is so close. most christians i know could not survive the Tribulation.

The church teaches "pre-trib", as I was also taught, but it's not supported by Scripture. And where one can surmise that the followers of Jesus are perfect in their faith, Rev. 13 & 14 both speak of "endurance". And thus the winnowing of the "sunday christians" (i.e., "great falling away"), and the exhorted endurance for the faithful.

Secondly, again the church gets it wrong with the "seven-year-tribulation". This is a misrendering of Daniel 9. Rev. 13 says 42 months, which is the ENTIRE duration of the tribulation, and which has already started as of May, 2018. -- And once again, the church doesn't preach what Scripture CLEARLY presents.

But then again, so many "christains" practice their faith as my favorite aunt used to tease: My mind's made up, don't confuse me with the facts. -- Please base your faith NOT upon church doctrines, but instead upon Scriptural FACTS.

DaDad

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God will protect better than any man with a gun!

Two era's, the BEFORE, and the BUT NOW:

Luke 22:36
35 Then Jesus asked them, “When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?”
“Nothing,” they answered.
36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

We live in the "But Now" era. -- Or you can imagine otherwise.

DaDad

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most people believe the government will be there and not let anything bad happen. Even though they may try to do what they can, they can only do so much.

Ummmmm, in the future the government forces will be working against citizens who refuse the mark of the beast, -- not for them. Thus the term "Zombie Apocalypse", where the government are the "humans", and the populous are the "zombies". -- Perhaps you should consider how in the 1950's the threat of nuclear warfare was expressed in "giant killer ants", etc. And today the apprehension about government control is expressed in a "zombie" concept.

DaDad

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are planning for a 3 year transitional period from the current high energy/high money/high gov mode to a simpler, self-sufficient, small community of like minded believers. We can actually do much of this today, before bad times hit. The more prepared and the more of a self sufficient lifestyle you live now the better it will be for you. Do it right, and you will not even notice the crash.

You might want to speed it up a little, to be fully "prepped" in about 2 1/2 years. -- Or so Scripture and History might support.

DaDad

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think one major misconception is that you have to prepare as much food and water as you can buy. If the disaster that
happens lasts over a week, we will have bigger problems than
just food and water shortages.

You should probably consider 6 months minimum, and probably closer to a year ...

DaDad

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ummmmm, in the future the government forces will be working against citizens who refuse the mark of the beast, -- not for them. Thus the term "Zombie Apocalypse", where the government are the "humans", and the populous are the "zombies". -- Perhaps you should consider how in the 1950's the threat of nuclear warfare was expressed in "giant killer ants", etc. And today the apprehension about government control is expressed in a "zombie" concept.

DaDad

Actually, I guess I never understood what the term "Zombie Apocalypse" meant. I always thought it had something to do with the all the popular zombie TV shows and movies on HBO and cable, neither of which I have.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Arbeter01,
Perhaps you missed the "preparations" of the Purse, Bag, Sword, and Cloak.

And perhaps you missed 1Thess 5 which states that the world would be caught unaware, but the church is NOT in darkness. -- Given a ~four~ day Feast, no man can know which day or hour, but we CAN and SHOULD know the Year and the Season, -- and if carefully studied, the Month and Week, by way of the Feast.

Otherwise, per your argument, a great portion of the church will be included in the "Falling Away" which you cite.

Rev. 13: 9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Perhaps you should consider the premise proposed by J.R. Church in his book "Hidden Prophecies In The Psalms". This, (plus the Psalms 90:10 based 1948 + 70 years = 2018), should help you arrive to the year which appears to be "significant".

DaDad

I don't need to consider anything except what I posted. People's opinions mean nothing when scripture is absolutely clear on things,..

2Th 2:1 Now we request you, brethren, regarding the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and our gathering together to Him,

This section chosen here, absolutely deals with the coming rapture unto our Lord. There is no ands, ifs, or buts about this....

2Th 2:3 Let no one deceive you in any manner; because that day will not come, unless the falling away come first, and the man of lawlessness be revealed—the son of perdition;

Two things are to happen, a falling away, and the man of lawlessness arrives on the scene.

The early texts are correct, the word is lawlessness. It's not hard to see this aspect happening now when we look around in different countries and our own. Lawlessness is a big part of rebellion, and it's going to continue to grow until that one person arrives on the scene.

When that person does arrive on the scene, then our Lord arrives and we are gathered unto Him.

It's that simple. It really is.

The only way that this understanding would not make sense to a person, is when that person takes his/her personal beliefs and attempts to force them into scripture by choosing other scripture sections to purposely pit scripture against scripture. But that would be them clinging onto their personal beliefs over and above scripture and The Holy Spirit's leading.

I don't need to consider anyone's opinions when I have GOD's word and His Holy Spirit leading and revealing it unto me. He shall lead you into all truth.

There will be a tribulation of GOD's wrath, but it won't be for us. We are to be watchful, not scared out of our minds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't need to consider anything ...
If you don't wish to have a conversation, then good luck. Alternately, because this is NOT a Prophecy Forum, if you wish to discuss the respective prophetic consequences of Prepping then please feel free to contact me by PM so that I can provide that explanation.

DaDad

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, I guess I never understood what the term "Zombie Apocalypse" meant. I always thought it had something to do with the all the popular zombie TV shows and movies on HBO and cable, neither of which I have.

Hi Aldebaran,
I didn't intend the "zombie" concept to be quite as literal as you may have taken it. I was merely proposing that any "fear" and respective "manifestation" correlate. Take for example the New Mexico state wide "Crowd Control Training" conducted in Albuquerque some 5 or 6 years ago, which was called "Zombie Apocalypse Training". Or how about the Trump Administration which is under attack by virtually every branch and Department of government, which the FBI identified as "Code Name: Crossfire Hurricane". -- Are these names a coincidence? I think not.
DaDad

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... I have GOD's word and His Holy Spirit leading and revealing it unto me. He shall lead you into all truth.

Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

1 Cor. 14:26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.
29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

DaDad

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Advisor Hat

Folks, this forum is not to debate the end times and whether we need to be prepared spiritually for the end. That is a given. Any of us could die at any time and meet our maker - we always need to be prepared spiritually.
This forum is for more practical knowledge in how to prepare physically for a variety of situations whether they be weather related, part of the end time, or financial crisis.

This thread is closed.

• Agree
Reactions: St. Helens
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.