Prepping and The Rapture

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for the thread!
My personal belief is that there is no pre-trib rapture. When I was first saved in 1971, I read a book "The Late Great Planet Earth" which formed my understanding of the rapture, a view I held for 5 or 6 years. Reinforced by Dakes and Larkin, I just kind of went along with it. It sounded feasible and I saw no reason to doubt it. I went along with it for a few years until I started hearing and reading how the "first resurrection" would occur "after the (great) tribulation of those days" at the "last trump" on the "last day." Not exactly pre-trib language. So I feel the Lord was leading me that way. So I began looking into it in earnest and eventually read the book "Christians will go through the Tribulation" by Jim McKeever. He laid out very logically and scripturally the post-trib resurrection argument and it just popped for me. I saw it and after more study I was totally convinced and remain convinced that there will be no "pre-trib" rapture. But that does not mean I prep for the tribulation. I prep for national level judgment and "normal" everyday catastrophes. I really do not even prep for myself. My wife and I are in our 60s and our preps are for our children and grand-children, and/or anyone else the Lord sees fit to obtain them. We have food stored to feed as many starving vagabonds who may come by our house. I just feel all believers should be prepared for for calamities that have happened before and will surly happen again.

I have two books which touching on these things:
A Christian Approach to Doomsday Prepping
and
Why America is being Judged: How the Land will Cleanse itself

Before someone gets exciting about selling books... The material in these books have been online for free for years. Much of the first book is available in this thread:
50 Reasons Christians Should be Prepping
THANKS!

Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the thread!
My personal belief is that there is no pre-trib rapture. When I was first saved in 1971, I read a book "The Late Great Planet Earth" which formed my understanding of the rapture, a view I held for 5 or 6 years. Reinforced by Dakes and Larkin, I just kind of went along with it. It sounded feasible and I saw no reason to doubt it. I went along with it for a few years until I started hearing and reading how the "first resurrection" would occur "after the (great) tribulation of those days" at the "last trump" on the "last day." Not exactly pre-trib language. So I feel the Lord was leading me that way. So I began looking into it in earnest and eventually read the book "Christians will go through the Tribulation" by Jim McKeever. He laid out very logically and scripturally the post-trib resurrection argument and it just popped for me. I saw it and after more study I was totally convinced and remain convinced that there will be no "pre-trib" rapture. But that does not mean I prep for the tribulation. I prep for national level judgment and "normal" everyday catastrophes. I really do not even prep for myself. My wife and I are in our 60s and our preps are for our children and grand-children, and/or anyone else the Lord sees fit to obtain them. We have food stored to feed as many starving vagabonds who may come by our house. I just feel all believers should be prepared for for calamities that have happened before and will surly happen again.

and

Before someone gets exciting about selling books... The material in these books have been online for free for years. Much of the first book is available in this thread:
THANKS!

What do you do with the verses that says the world will be void of the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit lives in believers, therefore, me must not be here...?

• Informative
Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

PRESIDIO

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2011
USA
Visit site
✟60,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the thread!

and

THANKS!

I agree 100% that I prep for my son and his future family. I prep for all of my brothers and sisters in The Lord who may need the blessing in times of distress. I don't see my family and I holed up in some mountain trying to ride it out while sitting on a pile of ammunition and food. Charitable giving and shelter for the vulnerable will be the order of the day. However, I also recognize there is absolute evil in this world and in that time we will protect the innocent and vulnerable.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
What do you do with the verses that says the world will be void of the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit lives in believers, therefore, me must not be here...?
I think the verses you are speaking of are interpreted and taught to say as much but when read in context I don't think that's what it really says. :)

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How do your beliefs about The Rapture affect your beliefs on prepping?

I'm on the fence about if there's a rapture and when it would take place. As for prepping, I do it do some extent, but it's not so much for the "Tribulation" spoken of in the bible, but for pretty much ANY time prepping will be beneficial for. THE Tribulation may not be here yet, but disasters happen all the time already. Tornadoes, fires, hurricanes, earthquakes, an EMP strike, war, civil unrest--all can happen, and have happened without us being in the Tribulation (except for the EMP strike, of course).

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for the question DN.
I guess when I read the context of the passage and the many other options and possible meanings, I do not see that understanding in those verses. I think the restraining influence opposing the advancement of the Anti-Christ spirit can be removed without the Holy Spirit being removed. I am thinking in terms of a wide receiver blocking a linebacker from getting to the quarterback. The wide receiver may be taken out of the way... that does not mean he leaves the field of play.... he may be going down the field to make that TD catch. :clap:

2 Thessalonians 2:6-7
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

Reactions: DaDad
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am considering putting tracts or scripture portions into every prepped food item. So even marauders will hear the Word and the Lord touch their hearts.
We were all marauders in our former lives...
"and such were some of you.." ~ Paul.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.:clap:

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi DarthNeo,
First of all, I'm not sure why you ask a subjective question to a concrete answer. Rev. 20 makes it clear that there is no "rapture" until the end of the Millennial Kingdom, -- where those who remain on earth shall ascend to the New Jerusalem to be with the LORD forever.

Secondly, 1 Thess 5 says that the world would be caught unaware, but that the church in not in darkness, -- thus the church should know when Jesus returns.

Unfortunately, we are taught that because we can't know the "day or the hour" that we can't know anything, -- analogous to saying that if you don't drive a pink or purple car, you don't know what color car you drive!

Scripture is clear as to the timing of Christ's return, but if there's a four-day feast, no one can know the day or the hour of HIS return, but we most certainly can know the week, month, season, year, decade (10), score (20), century (100), daytona (500), and millennia (1,000).

And given the premise by J.R. Church, in his book "Hidden Prophecies In The Psalms", where the Psalms is the 19th book of the Bible and prophetic for the 1900's, with the Chapter prophetic for the year, we should perceive that Psalms 48 = 1948 International recognition of the nation of Israel.

In addition, we should also know that Psalms 117 is the shortest Chapter in all Scripture and Psalms 119 is the longest Chapter in Scripture.

We should also know that 1948 plus a "generation" of 70 years (per Psalms 90:10) = 2018, which is right between the above cited Psalms 117 & 119.

Now being given this rudimentary information, one should also be cautioned against a "7-year" tribulation false doctrine. Rev. 13:5 correctly specifies 42 months. And knowing that the one-world-government is the United Nations, one could consider that in April of 2015 Obama defied U.S. Law by asserting he would present the Iranian Nuclear Agreement DIRECTLY to the United Nations, -- which is an acknowledgement of that body's pre-eminent status. Thus one could add the 42 months to the April 2015 date and arrive to the Fall of 2018, -- which presumably coincides with a Jewish multi-day feast.

And being sufficient aware of these circumstances, do you think it would be more prudent to prepare for the soon anticipated day when "no man can buy or sell", or would you and your family rather be funneled into a concentration camp?

Thanks,
DaDad

Reactions: Gaz54au
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... given the premise by J.R. Church, in his book "Hidden Prophecies In The Psalms", where the Psalms is the 19th book of the Bible and prophetic for the 1900's, with the Chapter prophetic for the year, we should perceive that Psalms 48 = 1948 International recognition of the nation of Israel.

In addition, we should also know that Psalms 117 is the shortest Chapter in all Scripture and Psalms 119 is the longest Chapter in Scripture.

We should also know that 1948 plus a "generation" of 70 years (per Psalms 90:10) = 2018, which is right between the above cited Psalms 117 & 119.

Now being given this rudimentary information, one should also be cautioned against a "7-year" tribulation false doctrine. Rev. 13:5 correctly specifies 42 months. And knowing that the one-world-government is the United Nations, one could consider that in April of 2015 Obama defied U.S. Law by asserting he would present the Iranian Nuclear Agreement DIRECTLY to the United Nations, -- which is an acknowledgement of that body's pre-eminent status. Thus one could add the 42 months to the April 2015 date and arrive to the Fall of 2018, -- which presumably coincides with a Jewish multi-day feast.
To All,

Hosea 4:6 says that people perish for lack of knowledge. Perhaps some might consider that the Book of Daniel was written to the nations (NOT ISRAEL), and is "shut up and sealed until the time of the end". Dan. 2:45 correctly delineates the empires as Iron, Bronze, Clay, Silver, Gold = 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE, and the Clay is "divided" between concurrent governments, typical of the three superpowers.

Now knowing that Dan. 2 FIVE ≠ Dan. 7 FOUR, one should conclude that the Dan. 7 FOUR are the "divided" fifth empire of Clay.

As such one should perceive that the Lion/Eagle is the U.K./U.S.. The Bear is Russia. The Leopard is actually a Tiger, because in 500 BC there was no trade route to the east which would have introduced vertically marked "cats" to Babylon, but the trade route to Africa did introduce circularly marked "cats", thus Daniel used the best nearest term "leopard" for the "tiger" which he saw. And finally, the U.N. is the "dreadful" beast which goes to perdition upon Jesus' return, and the three concurrent governments remain for "a time and a season" until they are transformed into the Millennial Kingdom Reign.

And of course, Chapters 8, 9, 11, and 12 are also approximate to 1948 as they must be. But you'll never find this TRUTH in the commentators.

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Post the pertinent scriptures. I don't think they say what you think they do.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
As for the original question. Suppose there will be a rapture, but you don't know when.

What if there is a hurricane, earthquake, flooding, or other natural or man-made disaster that leaves you without power and cut off from help for days or even weeks? The stores can empty out within hours and it may take weeks for trucks to bring in emergency aid, including clean water.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
As for the original question. Suppose there will be a rapture, but you don't know when.

What if there is a hurricane, earthquake, flooding, or other natural or man-made disaster that leaves you without power and cut off from help for days or even weeks? The stores can empty out within hours and it may take weeks for trucks to bring in emergency aid, including clean water.

That's what I prep for. Included in your list was man-made disasters. Wars, civil unrest and things like that can happen, and have happened in other countries. There are places online where we can read about what people in those circumstances did--some who were prepared and other who weren't.

Upvote 0

Mike Fleming

Jun 7, 2017
Biglerville
✟16,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I know many of us a believers have different viewpoints on the rapture. I am respectful to all, but my personal view is that of a pre-trib rapture. I got heavy into prepping. I have a wife and two kids and have been really into end times prophesy since I was saved as a teenager. I'm 32 now. I know others interpret this scripture differently, but this is where I am at currently in my view on prepping.
Daniel 12:9 But he said, “Go now, Daniel, for what I have said is kept secret and sealed until the time of the end. 10 Many will be purified, cleansed, and refined by these trials. But the wicked will continue in their wickedness, and none of them will understand. Only those who are wise will know what it means. Daniel 12 is a huge scripture for end times prophesy and for this question that everyone talks about. A pre-trib rapture, and what will happen before the rapture. When I began to listen to prophesies talking about the calapse of the US economy and the chaos to follow, I became proactive in storing up food, buying silver and other survival supplies. I think my wife thought I was going crazy, haha. But i genuinely wanted to get my family in a place of preparedness for pre-rapture events that could leave us without access to food, banks accounts and other comforts. However, I became settled and stopped prepping. In other words, I have held onto what I have accumulated, but have stopped stocking more. I have maybe a couple of months of food supply and a few other things for a natural disaster. I left it at that for this reason...
First of all I realized I was becoming stressed over it and I will not deny...a little fearful. Scenarios would come to my mind and I questioned, "Should I be feeling fear about this?" When I decided to let go and believe in the promises of Psalm 91, I became more relaxed and at peace. The question is, "How far do we go in prepping?" The technology the anitchrist will have to track down Christians will be unreal and complete. People can no longer bug out in caves or underground, unless it is over 10 ft. deep, as satellite technology can find heat signatures so much more efficiently now. There will literally be nowhere to hide. So why was I stressing out about where we will go? If we have to go somewhere I felt I needed to trust God in the moment to guide us, or to protect us as He always has since the beginning. Alot of my views and planning were based off of secular speculations which actually never ended up happening. Not saying that they wont, but they cost me time, money and stress. I think the higher road here is to trust in Almighty God who is watching. Even if we would have to stay for the great tribulation this is His wrath on the world for sin, not for His bride. I believe we always have to trust Him, even when it seems illogical, or at time, irresponsible.
I think ultimately, the enemy is trying to sew fear among the people of God to do all this prepping and follow a spirit of fear that will, in the end, cost us our ticket in the rapture. Jesus is coming for a bride who is washed and waiting for him, which is why I shared that verse from Daniel. I think those who stay behind will be like the 5 foolish virgins who were not ready. Many who did not "purify, wash and refine" their lives for Christ's coming will have to do so during the tribulation. I believe we will be caught up when we least expect it and will be at the wedding feast during the time of the tribulation, coming back to reign with Christ afterward. Again. There are so many different views on this and I am only sharing mine here. However, I feel much better with where I am now on this...

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi pat34lee,

What if there is a hurricane, earthquake, flooding ...

It seems to me that where one can certainly use a "life boat" for fishing is rather inconsequential. We know the ship will sink, so we need to prepare our "life boat" for the real inevitability. Furthermore while we prepare our resources, we also need to consider our fellow man with who can be helped and who we must distance ourselves from.

Thanks,
DaDad

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaz54au
Upvote 0

Gaz54au

Apr 23, 2017
Tenterfield
✟12,444.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am totally in agreement that we will go through the tribulation.
After saying that I am going to be hard-nosed:
My brother if you want to argue about tribulation or rapture you really need to seek God. I believe as a prepping site for Christians then it is about being prepared or wanting to learn about being prepared for what is to come, if you don't know I suggest you go pray and seek Gods truth for yourself. The Bible is clear and all the doctrines of men who wanted to make a name for themselves over Gods truth is null and void. Ask God and He will give you that truth, then come back and learn how to be prepared.
"Ask and you shall receive..."
Bless ya,
Gaz

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Because of my faith in God and my belief in the gathering of His bride before His wrath upon the unbelieving Jews, I don't "prep" for the tribulational time.

Jesus was very clear, to me, that when "all" these things occur at the same time, closer and closer together and more and more (like a woman in childbirth) THEN it's time for our redemption... Jesus in His remarks said to LOOK UP in expectation! Comfort one another with these words!

Throughout the OT when God was going to discipline a people, He warned them. He also told the righteous how to prepare. Jesus would have told us the same, but He didn't. The only thing Jesus told His disciples, near the end then, was to sell your coat and buy a sword if you didn't have one.

This tells me things might get a bit wonky but not the terrible tribulation experience. (Yes, there are Christians being beheaded for their faith even today).

I look for His soon return, as He wants us to, with expectation---a crown offered if we do because it's SOOO important for us to have this hope and faith!?

I do "normal" prepping for disasters (which includes alternative plans).

Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.