Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Because of my faith in God and my belief in the gathering of His bride before His wrath upon the unbelieving Jews, I don't "prep" for the tribulational time.

You are in for quite a shock when you figure out that
there is no missing the tribulation. Many Christians
are going to fall away because they will discover that
they've been deceived by the churches for years, and
for money.

Death = Judgment, and is for unbelievers.
Day of the Lord = death and judgment.

There is only one comprehensive timeline of the end
days, and it's in Matthew 24.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gaz54au

Apr 23, 2017
Tenterfield
✟12,444.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Pat, I was going to say that anyone who does not believe we are going to go through the Tribulation and thus prep accordingly, should start a post for other of the same belief! As we all are welcome to our own belief and as not to offend any brother or sister posting our views with like minded is preferred!
As I read before I entered this prepping area, that this post is for those who do!

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,748,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am pretrib. However, I prep for disasters, possible financial issues, and other things that can come up. I posted this elsewhere but....

grandma-survived-the-great-depression-because-her-supply-chain-was-20726282.png

I think it is wise to be self-sufficient and not depend on other earthly things like power grids and commercial food sources. The commerical food companies are making us unhealthy imho.

The Mennonites around me live wisely. They grow their own food, use very little processed stuff, and are wise with their money. I believe Christ wants us to be good stewards.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kj77

Dec 4, 2017
north america
✟15,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi DarthNeo,
First of all, I'm not sure why you ask a subjective question to a concrete answer. Rev. 20 makes it clear that there is no "rapture" until the end of the Millennial Kingdom, -- where those who remain on earth shall ascend to the New Jerusalem to be with the LORD forever.

Secondly, 1 Thess 5 says that the world would be caught unaware, but that the church in not in darkness, -- thus the church should know when Jesus returns.

Unfortunately, we are taught that because we can't know the "day or the hour" that we can't know anything, -- analogous to saying that if you don't drive a pink or purple car, you don't know what color car you drive!

Scripture is clear as to the timing of Christ's return, but if there's a four-day feast, no one can know the day or the hour of HIS return, but we most certainly can know the week, month, season, year, decade (10), score (20), century (100), daytona (500), and millennia (1,000).

And given the premise by J.R. Church, in his book "Hidden Prophecies In The Psalms", where the Psalms is the 19th book of the Bible and prophetic for the 1900's, with the Chapter prophetic for the year, we should perceive that Psalms 48 = 1948 International recognition of the nation of Israel.

In addition, we should also know that Psalms 117 is the shortest Chapter in all Scripture and Psalms 119 is the longest Chapter in Scripture.

We should also know that 1948 plus a "generation" of 70 years (per Psalms 90:10) = 2018, which is right between the above cited Psalms 117 & 119.

Now being given this rudimentary information, one should also be cautioned against a "7-year" tribulation false doctrine. Rev. 13:5 correctly specifies 42 months. And knowing that the one-world-government is the United Nations, one could consider that in April of 2015 Obama defied U.S. Law by asserting he would present the Iranian Nuclear Agreement DIRECTLY to the United Nations, -- which is an acknowledgement of that body's pre-eminent status. Thus one could add the 42 months to the April 2015 date and arrive to the Fall of 2018, -- which presumably coincides with a Jewish multi-day feast.

And being sufficient aware of these circumstances, do you think it would be more prudent to prepare for the soon anticipated day when "no man can buy or sell", or would you and your family rather be funneled into a concentration camp?

Thanks,
DaDad

interesting Dad

i am pre trib and believe the purpose of the Tribulation period is God's dealing with Israel, there is no purpose for the Church, so out we go.

are there any good resources/web sites on 2018 Rapture. my heart tells me the Rapture is so close. most christians i know could not survive the Tribulation.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
interesting Dad

i am pre trib and believe the purpose of the Tribulation period is God's dealing with Israel, there is no purpose for the Church, so out we go.

are there any good resources/web sites on 2018 Rapture. my heart tells me the Rapture is so close. most christians i know could not survive the Tribulation.

I used to be pre-trib. There is one thing to think about.

If we are raptured or otherwise die before the tribulation,
we don't have to worry about it. If not, we had better learn
now to trust Yahweh (God). Those who don't fully trust him
will fall away or be martyred. Check your bible and see how
many people he saved by killing them. You will find none.

Nobody would survive the tribulation on their own. Only the
hand of Yahweh will protect his people. And there is only one
people, believers. The congregation (church is a bad translation)
includes Israel and the Jews.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟561,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
woudn't prepping for the rapture be just being a genuine Christian? We won't be here after the event.

Assuming that the rapture were to occur just prior to the great trib...

Reading the book of Revelation... I do not think prepping would help. 2/3s of the population of the world will perish in two events alone. The scrolls, trumpets, and bowls are so catastrophic that they will devastate the face of the earth virtually eliminating all life on earth. I think this is why it says: "And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened."

A few bags of rice and solar power will not help much during the great trib. Only the return of the Lord will save the earth and the people of the earth.

(BTW... I am not a believer in the rapture...)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sheep dog

Dec 18, 2017
Okahoma
✟13,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Assuming that the rapture were to occur just prior to the great trib...

Reading the book of Revelation... I do not think prepping would help. 2/3s of the population of the world will perish in two events alone. The scrolls, trumpets, and bowls are so catastrophic that they will devastate the face of the earth virtually eliminating all life on earth. I think this is why it says: "And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened."

A few bags of rice and solar power will not help much during the great trib. Only the return of the Lord will save the earth and the people of the earth.

(BTW... I am not a believer in the rapture...)
?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟651,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
woudn't prepping for the rapture be just being a genuine Christian? We won't be here after the event.

Prepping for the rapture simply means turning to Christ for salvation. Those who do that are the ones who would get raptured. The only thing to prepare for otherwise is the tribulation, in case there was no rapture that happened beforehand. It's seems to be pretty unsettled as to whether the rapture happens before, during, or after the tribulation, or even if there's a rapture that takes place at all.

On top of all this is simply preparing for disasters that happen all the time: Fires, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, economic collapse, war--all of which happen and have happened on a regular basis even without there being the official "Tribulation" spoken of in scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
On top of all this is simply preparing for disasters that happen all the time: Fires, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, economic collapse, war--all of which happen and have happened on a regular basis even without there being the official "Tribulation" spoken of in scripture.

Anyone who watches the news and sees the problems
in the world today and fails to prep to some degree is
careless at best, suicidal at worst. Crop failures, animal
disease, mass die-offs along with the natural disasters
mentioned above mean our food supply and energy to
keep our food fresh could be gone in a day.

Upvote 0

Antig

Dec 19, 2017
Dublin
✟8,390.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree 100% that I prep for my son and his future family. I prep for all of my brothers and sisters in The Lord who may need the blessing in times of distress. I don't see my family and I holed up in some mountain trying to ride it out while sitting on a pile of ammunition and food. Charitable giving and shelter for the vulnerable will be the order of the day. However, I also recognize there is absolute evil in this world and in that time we will protect the innocent and vulnerable.

God will protect better than any man with a gun!

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Most people believe the government will be there and not let anything bad happen. Even though they may try to do what they can, they can only do so much.

• Agree
Reactions: pat34lee
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟561,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think one major misconception is that you have to prepare
as much food and water as you can buy. If the disaster that
happens lasts over a week, we will have bigger problems than
just food and water shortages.
We are planning for a 3 year transitional period from the current high energy/high money/high gov mode to a simpler, self-sufficient, small community of like minded believers. We can actually do much of this today, before bad times hit. The more prepared and the more of a self sufficient lifestyle you live now the better it will be for you. Do it right, and you will not even notice the crash.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Not only those who watch the news, but those who have experienced these disasters up close, or have at least been near them to know what kind of problems come up and how so many of those problems can be prepared for in advance. Power outages are a big source of problems. Candles, batteries and flashlights are an easy solution for an alternate source of light. It amazes me each time there's an outage and I hear that people have run out of batteries after just a few days or even a week. There are LED flashlights that can run for 70 hours or more on a single set of batteries.

• Agree
Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟561,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not only those who watch the news, but those who have experienced these disasters up close, or have at least been near them to know what kind of problems come up and how so many of those problems can be prepared for in advance. Power outages are a big source of problems. Candles, batteries and flashlights are an easy solution for an alternate source of light. It amazes me each time there's an outage and I hear that people have run out of batteries after just a few days or even a week. There are LED flashlights that can run for 70 hours or more on a single set of batteries.
We have serveral solar powered battery charging stations and many rechargable batteries. Also there are many devices with have built-in solar panels like radios, flashlights, and lanterns.
We recently purchased a solar oven... and are looking forward to breaking it in one weekend soon.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We have serveral solar powered battery charging stations and many rechargable batteries. Also there are many devices with have built-in solar panels like radios, flashlights, and lanterns.
We recently purchased a solar oven... and are looking forward to breaking it in one weekend soon.

Sounds like you're already prepped beyond what 90% of people will ever do.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟561,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like you're already prepped beyond what 90% of people will ever do.
Kind of a hobby. We are retired and are putting back more for our children and grand children.
Fun.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you interpret the parable of the 5 wise and 5 foolish bridesmaids? :)
Both believed in Jesus but the wise had fruit of the spirit and were ready for his coming, the foolish had no fruit in a sense and tried to get some from the others. Oil represents the spirit and it is something the wise could not give the foolish. They had to go and buy some oil. This translates to costing you or losing your life. When The king proclaimed His coming(Jesus) the wise we're ready, the foolish weren't. He shut the door to the wedding meaning (kingdom of heaven) later the foolish were locked out because they weren't ready for his arrival.

It's to do with the second coming of Christ. We can be ready for His arrival by becoming believers and laying down our lives for His purpose. When He returns, there is no second chances. Your either His or you ain't. And He will shut the doors to salvation. Outside will be wailing and knashing of teeth aka eternity without God or hell a it's known.

My understanding of it and am open to correction if I mis something

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.