Entertaining_Angels

Aug 12, 2004
east coast
✟23,975.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
there's just no telling. I was in great shape before I became pregnant with my son. I was in the military and worked out a lot. I ended up gaining more than <<blush>> 80 lbs with him (high risk pregnancy). I used vitamin E oil and got a few very tiny stretchmarks but nothing very noticable. I also had a c-section so I did get a little pooch but I still lost all that weight. My clothes fit differently but I still looked pretty good. I had my second baby two years ago and gained 70 lbs. I didn't use the vitamin E oil that often and definitely have more stretch marks. My c-section tummy doesn't look that much different than after the first one. I've lost all the weight too and clothes definitely fit differently. When I was this same weight after my son, I was also a size less so the weight is shifting.

I don't worry about it too much. I came from a family where looks are the all-important aspect of a person. I've learned to really like myself no matter what I look like which was something I never knew how to do until fairly recently. My hubby and kids tell me I'm beautiful and I believe them :)

Upvote 0

Leanna

Just me
Jul 20, 2004
✟24,278.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Daniels Mommy said:
Unless you have amazing elasticity, nobody in your family has ever gotten them, and you don't get huge in the front (or expand too much down below) you WILL get them while pregnant.
Actually interestingly enough I didn't get any stretch marks at all while pregnant, I got some from the actual birth/recovery, from the large episiotomy(the doctor didn't do it, the baby did, and it was huge), it caused me to get really swollen around the backside and that is when I got my stretch marks. Probably because of how fast I got swollen. Up to the day of birth I had none... it was weird. But I certainly don't expect to get that lucky next time.

Upvote 0

Joykins

free Crazy Liz!
Jul 14, 2005
Down in Mary's Land
✟29,390.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Pregnancy didn't do a *thing* to my body (besides a few minor whitish stretch marks) that weren't done by the passing of 10 years. There is such a difference between 25 and 35.

Oh, and Daniels Mommy, I have a Zoe! She is almost 2. :)

Upvote 0

LovesOfMyLife

Michael, Daniel, and Zoe
Dec 24, 2004
Texas
Visit site
✟16,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Joykins said:
Pregnancy didn't do a *thing* to my body (besides a few minor whitish stretch marks) that weren't done by the passing of 10 years. There is such a difference between 25 and 35.

Oh, and Daniels Mommy, I have a Zoe! She is almost 2. :)

I just LOVE that name.....

And Leanna......I wouldn't have gotten any stretch marks on my tummy except Daniel spent 5 solid WEEKS in a bizarre position : his butt pooched out with his head and feet together towards my back. He got stuck that way and the weirdness of it (and the fact that he was so long) stretched my tummy past its limits. For those 5 weeks my uterus seriously measured almost 48 cm!!!!! Can you believe it?!?!?!

Upvote 0

Princessperky

May 20, 2005
NC
Visit site
✟1,927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am on my third (7th month) and after each of my other two I looked better than before, I have better eating habits, better sleep habits, and a better life, not to mention 2.5 adorable children :).

BTW I nursed them both and will nurse this one, just as their are keagles to tighten the pelvic floor, there are 'baby presses' and such to tighten the muscles holding the chest up. DH does 'DS presses', but no way I could press that kid! I will wait for the baby :).

Course if you asked me what I have been doing all weekend it is mainly lamenting my lack of wasitline, but posts like this remind me, I will get it back, I just have to work at it.

Upvote 0