✟514,348.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Predestination or Conformation?

“To God, all moments of time are present in their immediacy. When therefore he establishes his eternal plan of "predestination", he includes in it each person's free response to his grace: "In this city, in fact, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, gathered together against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed, to do whatever your hand and your plan had predestined to take place." For the sake of accomplishing his plan of salvation, God permitted the acts that flowed from their blindness.”

I was given this on the IDD before it was closed. I did some talking to other Pro/eva people I know in my group of friends and much to my surprise some agreed with this statement. I must tell you this is from the CCC if you were involved in this debate you have my thoughts on this quote as it relates to the RCC.

My basic thoughts on this statement are this, is contrary to the stance that Augustine took in the early days of the Church. I also believe this is contrary to Thomas’s view also :confused: .{not sure}

Also this is contrary to Scripture IMO

Based on that premise where in the world does this thought processes come from? Who first articulated this apparent non historical view of God’s control over all things?

I see this as a belief that God is obligated to take our free will in to account before the formation of his will. I call this conformation, where God's will is conformed to us:eek: .

For His Glory Alone!:clap:

BBAS

Status
Not open for further replies.