Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
And that's how it will go in my opinion. All under ambiguous laws such as "breach of peace" and "public disturbance".

And yet Jesus' name and the gospel will be lifted high, and even if the saints are in physical chains, they are always free.

You can feel the hatred from the officers. They hate that man and they hate his message of life.

Upvote 0

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is some solace in this, though. For Jesus warned His followers that they too would be hated by the world, as He was. So, His words are timeless and true. Although, it's still sad that people are arrested for sharing the Gospel.

Upvote 0

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And what did he do after he was dropped off in an unfamiliar suburb with no money to get back? A kind person gave him money to leave the area and he went straight back to continue preaching the gospel.

My brother, get em! That man is surely blessed.

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
And what did he do after he was dropped off in an unfamiliar suburb with no money to get back? A kind person gave him money to leave the area and he went straight back to continue preaching the gospel.

My brother, get em! That man is surely blessed.
Haha I know right? Love it.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Before I even read this thread I knew this would be involving preaching in an Islamic neighborhood.
England has been famous for their protectionism of Islam. This is not even the most infamous part of it, how they have refused to arrest Islamic immigrants raping women in the street is probably the most blatant end of it.

While England is bad for this, this sort of thing is slowly at work in the US.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And that's how it will go in my opinion. All under ambiguous laws such as "breach of peace" and "public disturbance".

And yet Jesus' name and the gospel will be lifted high, and even if the saints are in physical chains, they are always free.

You can feel the hatred from the officers. They hate that man and they hate his message of life.

We know that there will be opposition to the truth. When the enemy tries to shut down the preaching of the word we know that we're getting somewhere. As the Lord said 'blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake'.

:amen:

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
When the enemy tries to shut down the preaching of the word we know that we're getting somewhere.
Why would a word need shutting down that does not teach the Gospel of the Kingdom, but instead another gospel and formed a religion 1700 yrs ago which returned itself to following and using governance of man instead of God?

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why would a word need shutting down that does not teach the Gospel of the Kingdom, but instead another gospel and formed a religion 1700 yrs ago which returned itself to following and using governance of man instead of God?

Hello Friend. Can you kindly rephrase your question? (I do not understand). God Bless :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just a question: How is deliberately going into a Muslim neighborhood and flaming Muslims preaching the gospel?

Hello Oscarr. Two retorts. 1) Everyone needs to hear the truth. 2) I don't believe England has any legal mechanism for neighbourhoods to be exclusively of one faith group, therefore a 'Muslim neighbourhood' does not exist, just a neighbourhood. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hello Oscarr. Two retorts. 1) Everyone needs to hear the truth. 2) I don't believe England has any legal mechanism for neighbourhoods to be exclusively of one faith group, therefore a 'Muslim neighbourhood' does not exist, just a neighbourhood. God Bless :)
I don't know what the law is in London, but in New Zealand, one needs a licence to be able to do street preaching.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know what the law is in London, but in New Zealand, one needs a licence to be able to do street preaching.

Although it seems to be currently eroded we have Historically had freedom of speech and freedom of religion here. Indeed ever since the Reformation preachers took to the streets there has been a long tradition of open air preaching. We already have a licence, from the Lord Most High 'Go Into all the world and preach the good news to all creation'. :)

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Although it seems to be currently eroded we have Historically had freedom of speech and freedom of religion here. Indeed ever since the Reformation preachers took to the streets there has been a long tradition of open air preaching. We already have a licence, from the Lord Most High 'Go Into all the world and preach the good news to all creation'. :)
Maybe so. But if the law of the land states that one must have a licence to do street preaching, then it is not Christian persecution that someone gets arrested for preaching on the street without a licence. It is a simple offence against the law just the same as any other law. Paul taught that believers should be subject to the law of the land in order to live a peaceful life.

It is not a violation of the principle of freedom of speech and religion for street preaching without local authority permission. It is just a simple respect for the law to go to the local authority and get permission to do public speaking and accept guidance about when and where it is permissible to do it. Anarchy in the name of religion is not supported by Christ or Paul.

Upvote 0