North America
✟550,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe so. But if the law of the land states that one must have a licence to do street preaching, then it is not Christian persecution that someone gets arrested for preaching on the street without a licence. It is a simple offence against the law just the same as any other law. Paul taught that believers should be subject to the law of the land in order to live a peaceful life.

It is not a violation of the principle of freedom of speech and religion for street preaching without local authority permission. It is just a simple respect for the law to go to the local authority and get permission to do public speaking and accept guidance about when and where it is permissible to do it. Anarchy in the name of religion is not supported by Christ or Paul.

I have been working with Christian leaders in " restricted countries" around the world...for many years.
"Law of the Land" in those countries does not allow spreading the Gospel.
- I assume you know about this.
----
Incident in London is just a sign. There is more serious issue. England/Europe needs spiritual awakening.
- It is becoming "mission field"..

Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I have been working with Christian leaders in " restricted countries" around the world...for many years.
"Law of the Land" in those countries does not allow spreading the Gospel.
- I assume you know about this.
----
Incident in London is just a sign. There is more serious issue. England/Europe needs spiritual awakening.
- It is becoming "mission field"..
I agree that in many countries even just talking about the gospel and being a Christian is against the law. I also agree that England/Europe does need spiritual awakening, as does the other western countries, including my own.

It is therefore important when sharing the gospel that we start with prayer and waiting on God to be anointed with the Spirit and have the wisdom on how and where to share it. The problem is that in many cases, people go out and do the work of God without a foundation of personal prayer and so they do things in their own strength and in the flesh, with the result that their preaching and sharing has no effect because they did not wait on God for the anointing.

I can imagine many telling God how they went out and preached until the cows came home and gained satisfaction that they had done their Christian duty, and then God coming to them and asking: "Who told you to do it that way?"

There is a difference between going out preaching out of a sense of Christian duty, and being sent by the Holy Spirit, and it takes a bit of waiting on God in prayer to discern the difference.

Upvote 0

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟550,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree that in many countries even just talking about the gospel and being a Christian is against the law. I also agree that England/Europe does need spiritual awakening, as does the other western countries, including my own.

It is therefore important when sharing the gospel that we start with prayer and waiting on God to be anointed with the Spirit and have the wisdom on how and where to share it. The problem is that in many cases, people go out and do the work of God without a foundation of personal prayer and so they do things in their own strength and in the flesh, with the result that their preaching and sharing has no effect because they did not wait on God for the anointing.

I can imagine many telling God how they went out and preached until the cows came home and gained satisfaction that they had done their Christian duty, and then God coming to them and asking: "Who told you to do it that way?"

There is a difference between going out preaching out of a sense of Christian duty, and being sent by the Holy Spirit, and it takes a bit of waiting on God in prayer to discern the difference.

I agree with you..
- Waiting on the Lord.
- Being anointed with and sent by the Spirit.
- Wisdom & discernment needed.
----
We focus/emphasize those elements - in working
with Christian leaders in restricted countries.
- Especially, "wisdom and discernment."

Blessings,

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,239.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe so. But if the law of the land states that one must have a licence to do street preaching, then it is not Christian persecution that someone gets arrested for preaching on the street without a licence. It is a simple offence against the law just the same as any other law. Paul taught that believers should be subject to the law of the land in order to live a peaceful life.

It is not a violation of the principle of freedom of speech and religion for street preaching without local authority permission. It is just a simple respect for the law to go to the local authority and get permission to do public speaking and accept guidance about when and where it is permissible to do it. Anarchy in the name of religion is not supported by Christ or Paul.

I respectfully disagree!

Acts 5: 27 The apostles were brought in and made to appear before the Sanhedrin to be questioned by the high priest. 28 “We gave you strict orders not to teach in this name,“Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man’s blood. 29 Peter and the other apostles replied: “We must obey God rather than men! 30 The God of our ancestors raised Jesus from the dead whom you killed by hanging him on a cross. 31 God exalted him to his own right hand that he might bring Israel to repentance and forgive their sins. 32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.”

The real Anarchy will come on the day of judgement for those who have not heard and responded to the gospel of Jesus Christ. We have already been commissioned by the Highest Possible Authority to preach the gospel, everywhere, to everyone and at all times. What about the countries where the preaching of the gospel is illegal, shall not the dear people in those countries be given the opportunity for life because we're pandering to mickey mouse laws brought in by tin pot dictators?

But in the case in question In London this is not relevant anyway-one of the issues is that what the Police did was against the law, using their position to try and stifle the truth. Is England not meant to be a Christian nation? Is the head of state not meant to be a Christian? How then can the propagation of the Christian gospel be a crime? If it had been a crime the preacher would have been charged with something, all it was was an illegal arrest designed to try and shut him up. We should stand with him, shoulder to shoulder.

God Bless :)

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I respectfully disagree!

Acts 5: 27 The apostles were brought in and made to appear before the Sanhedrin to be questioned by the high priest. 28 “We gave you strict orders not to teach in this name,“Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man’s blood. 29 Peter and the other apostles replied: “We must obey God rather than men! 30 The God of our ancestors raised Jesus from the dead whom you killed by hanging him on a cross. 31 God exalted him to his own right hand that he might bring Israel to repentance and forgive their sins. 32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.”

The real Anarchy will come on the day of judgement for those who have not heard and responded to the gospel of Jesus Christ. We have already been commissioned by the Highest Possible Authority to preach the gospel, everywhere, to everyone and at all times. What about the countries where the preaching of the gospel is illegal, shall not the dear people in those countries be given the opportunity for life because we're pandering to mickey mouse laws brought in by tin pot dictators?

But in the case in question In London this is not relevant anyway-one of the issues is that what the Police did was against the law, using their position to try and stifle the truth. Is England not meant to be a Christian nation? Is the head of state not meant to be a Christian? How then can the propagation of the Christian gospel be a crime? If it had been a crime the preacher would have been charged with something, all it was was an illegal arrest designed to try and shut him up. We should stand with him, shoulder to shoulder.

God Bless :)
There were two authorities in Jerusalem: The civil authority which was of Rome, and administered through King Herod. And the religious authority which was administered through the Temple. It was the religious, not the civil authority that objected to the Apostles' teaching concerning Jesus. The main persecution of genuine believers sharing and preaching the gospel has always come from the established churches. During revivals it was not the civil authorities who opposed it - because they welcomed the positive results in their communities. But it was the established churches that spoke against it and forbade their members to attend the revival meetings. You will see this in the Methodist revival, the Welsh Revival, Pentecostal revival, Charismatic revival. All the lies and fake news concerning these revivals have come from the established "respectable" churches, not the civil authorities.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,239.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There were two authorities in Jerusalem: The civil authority which was of Rome, and administered through King Herod. And the religious authority which was administered through the Temple. It was the religious, not the civil authority that objected to the Apostles' teaching concerning Jesus.

Hello Oscarr:

1 It was about this time that King Herod arrested some who belonged to the church, intending to persecute them. 2 He had James, the brother of John, put to death with the sword (Acts 12)
:)

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hello Oscarr:

1 It was about this time that King Herod arrested some who belonged to the church, intending to persecute them. 2 He had James, the brother of John, put to death with the sword (Acts 12)
:)
If the guy was preaching about the death and resurrection of Christ and how we can know Him personally if we accept that Jesus died for us on the cross, and not railing against Muslims in the neighborhood, then I can have some sympathy for him. But if the content of his preaching was against Muslims, then he would have been preaching another gospel and not motivated by the Holy Spirit, and so God would not have been with him at all.

Upvote 0

Duke Nelson

Mar 12, 2019
Limassol
✟15,895.00
Country
Cyprus
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many christians lack intelligence in other legitimate fields. i.e society, communication, other religions. Many of these who have not "studied to show themselves approved" Go out blindly preaching, destroying and misrepresenting the product. (The Good news of the Kingdom of God).

Evangelism is not for everyone! Or rather it shouldn't be.
Lastly, your lifestyle is the most potent and evident form on evangelism.

Upvote 0