✟913,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus actual commands etc. are stricter that the law in some ways
Have you read his actual commands in Matt 19 where He commands "KEEP the Commandments" and is then asked "which ones?"

Would you consider reading them?

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well, I suppose from hear I should cover "The Midnight Cry"

Which you can read here. Of course, I also hear that was a general Millerite slogan as well (see post below)

"A phrase that the Millerites used repeatedly to describe their message to the world, adapted from the words of Christ’s parable regarding the wise and the foolish virgins who were sleeping while waiting for the bridegroom to come to the marriage. “At midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him” ( see Matt 25:1–13 ). The wise, with their lamps burning, went with the bridegroom in to the wedding; the foolish, who went to buy oil, returned too late and were left outside. The “true midnight cry” was the phrase used in 1844 in the “seventh-month movement” that emphasized the specific date of Oct. 22 for the advent of Christ. This message was based on the following reasoning: Disappointment had come in the spring of 1844; and afterward, in the language of the parable, the 10 virgins were sleeping while the “bridegroom tarried.” Since in symbolic prophecy a 24-hour day symbolizes a year, a night would symbolize half a year. Midnight would be midway of that six-month period between the spring disappointment and the expected date in October. It was in that summer that the “true midnight cry,” “Behold, the bridegroom cometh,” began to go forth. In later Seventh-day Adventist writings the phrase “midnight cry” sometimes denotes specifically the “true” midnight cry, the message of the 2300 days ending on Oct. 22, 1844; sometimes in a loose sense it is applied also to the earlier message as including and climaxing in the 1844 movement.

Interesting article here on the history behind it

"While praying at the family altar, the Holy Ghost fell on me, and I seemed to be rising higher and higher, far above the dark world. I turned to look for the Advent people in the world, but could not find them—when a voice said to me, “Look again, and look a little higher.” At this I raised my eyes and saw a straight and narrow path, cast up high above the world. On this path the Advent people were travelling to the City, which was at the farther end of the path. They had a bright light set up behind them at the first end of the path, which an angel told me was the Midnight Cry."

"Jesus would encourage them by raising his glorious right arm, and from his arm came a glorious light which waved over the Advent band, and they shouted Hallelujah! Others rashly denied the light behind them, (like Wm. Miller did), and said that it was not God that had led them out so far. The light behind them went out leaving their feet in perfect darkness, and they stumbled and got their eyes off the mark and lost sight of Jesus, and fell off the path down in the dark and wicked world below. It was just as impossible for them to get on the path again and go to the City, as all the wicked world which God had rejected."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well, I suppose from hear I should cover "The Midnight Cry"

Which you can read here. Of course, I also hear that was a general Millerite slogan as well (see post below)
indeed - it is a great way to view those who were not SDAs as they were following the teaching of a Baptist minister/evangelist by the name of William Miller. I highly recommend it. In this case it is an August 22, 1844 article by Samuel Snow.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
the 1844 movement.
Come to think of it, didn't the apocrypha officially get removed from all protestant bibles in 1885? I wonder if all this prophetic whatnot made people think they could edit the scriptures so drastically?

Though this process started in the late 1700s, so chicken or the egg?

Upvote 0